#2 Lord N

Lord N

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Pokemon, Zero Escape

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:52 PM

If this information is legit, It will probably be one of the greatest Zelda titles of all time. The way its described is like an open world game with new graphics and capabilities to define the new standard of gaming.
Free the pokemon!

"I cannot see the future yet... The world is still to be determined..."

#3 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:01 PM

Well...I don't like TLoZ but I think Nintendo should REALLY push the game for 2013 because of the NextBox, prob not the PS3 cuz that'll be 2014...
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#4 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:01 PM

I just hope it will be more open with less pointers on where to go. The first Zelda was great in that respect, and even Majora's Mask to some extent (my favourite Zelda). Skyward Sword was awful at that, the whole game was just about being told where to go and then go there. (It was a great game in many respects though.)

#5 Heffir

Heffir

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:09 PM

Well...I don't like TLoZ but I think Nintendo should REALLY push the game for 2013 because of the NextBox, prob not the PS3 cuz that'll be 2014...

Don't like TLoZ?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!???!??!?!?!??!???!?1
$150 down, $200 to go. #DeluxeWiiU

#6 Foot

Foot

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:17 PM

It's just never really interested me...i tried Skyward Sword but returned it 3 days later because I didn't like it. Same with Ocarina of Time 3D, and Majoras Mask, and Twilight Princess...
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

#7 Heffir

Heffir

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:19 PM

It's just never really interested me...i tried Skyward Sword but returned it 3 days later because I didn't like it. Same with Ocarina of Time 3D, and Majoras Mask, and Twilight Princess...

That's insane. :0
$150 down, $200 to go. #DeluxeWiiU

#8 Foot

Foot

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:22 PM

That's insane. :0

I know... But thts just me...

#9 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:28 PM

Holy crap, the way that article spoke of that game makes it sound like it will be the Zelda to end them all, ushering in the standard for all games of the future to follow. I hope it's true because this could be one of the greatest games of all time. That article screams hype.
zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#10 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:31 PM

Sorry to be a party ruiner but there are many hints that this is false.

Most obviously, it said in the article that nintendo showed some of the game to third parties to realise the potential of wii u?? lol no way nintendo would risk that. third parties are terrible at keeping secrets, horendous!! either nintendo didnt show them cos they're not stupid and the article is fake or they did show them but third parties didnt leak anything about this game for over a year which is impossible knowing their loud mouths so also fake.

secondly, nintendo said it would chose an art style that really shows off the wii u's graphical potential, SS style doesn't really do that but this is not really a strong argument on my behalf, it could be made in such a way that is demanding for the system with more detail.

The article talks about the game being in development since late 2010 and is based on the tablet. lol i highly doubt that since aonuma is on record saying there is no way they can go from motion controls back to standard controls for the next zelda (he did later say they want to cater to those who didn't like motion controls as well but that decision was made in 2012, not 2010).
since E3 2011 the way that aonuma and miyamoto have talked about zelda wii u has shown that they have probably not worked on the game long, or hadnt started at all, i dont think they would have started in 2010
Posted Image

#11 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:35 PM

Most obviously, it said in the article that nintendo showed some of the game to third parties to realise the potential of wii u?? lol no way nintendo would risk that. third parties are terrible at keeping secrets, horendous!! either nintendo didnt show them cos they're not stupid and the article is fake or they did show them but third parties didnt leak anything about this game for over a year which is impossible knowing their loud mouths so also fake.

secondly, nintendo said it would chose an art style that really shows off the wii u's graphical potential, SS style doesn't really do that but this is not really a strong argument on my behalf, it could be made in such a way that is demanding for the system with more detail.

The article talks about the game being in development since late 2010 and is based on the tablet. lol i highly doubt that since aonuma is on record saying there is no way they can go from motion controls back to standard controls for the next zelda (he did later say they want to cater to those who didn't like motion controls as well but that decision was made in 2012, not 2010).
since E3 2011 the way that aonuma and miyamoto have talked about zelda wii u has shown that they have probably not worked on the game long, or hadnt started at all, i dont think they would have started in 2010

You make some really good points. Now that I read your post I'm thinking it probably is fake.
zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#12 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:37 PM

You make some really good points. Now that I read your post I'm thinking it probably is fake.

Agreed.

#13 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:39 PM

Arghhh, speculation is cool and all but I honestly hate articles that release this stuff as "official information". I am excited and I do think one is in the works now or soon. They would be idiotic not to have one. I honestly cannot wait to see what it will look like...

#14 Foot

Foot

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:42 PM

Nah, I though they started IMMEDIATELY after Skyward Sword?
Plus Iwata wanted it to be done in 3 years time (Holiday 2011-Holiday 2014) so this about right!

#15 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:15 PM

Nah, I though they started IMMEDIATELY after Skyward Sword?
Plus Iwata wanted it to be done in 3 years time (Holiday 2011-Holiday 2014) so this about right!

yh except the article says 2010
Posted Image

#16 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:29 PM

Finally someone with brains. This article is so.. unprofessional. All it does is saying "best game evar herp" which everyone wants it to be.

Also, re-using SS style? Lolnope. Possible, but unlikely.
No sig.

#17 WisdomPowerCourage

WisdomPowerCourage

ZEWOP BOOPITY BOP!

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • Fandom:
    Cats Pajamas.

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:42 PM

In the words of the first commenter on that article, " OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you God, Jesus!!!!!!!! "

#18 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:04 PM

giant forrrrest??..?! im in lol

Signature_Fox.png

#19 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:17 PM

Lol at that screenshot that's photorealistic.

#20 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:26 PM

I got the same reaction, times 10.
Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic