Photo

Could the PS4 and 720 do as well as their current gen counterparts?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Shadiwulf

Shadiwulf

Shy Guy

• Banned
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:39 AM

and did high development cost effect the ps3 and 360?

#2 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:41 AM

high development costs effected the industry dramatically in a bad way and good at the same time.
Better gameplay, graphics, online. but cost is bad this gen.

And no i can bet the Wii U will pretty much destroy them.

Signature_Fox.png

#3 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:49 PM

high development costs effected the industry dramatically in a bad way and good at the same time.
Better gameplay, graphics, online. but cost is bad this gen.

I think thats your fanboy side speaking, we all have it sometimes. I don't think the wii u will gain much a fanbase, i think it will be for the Hardcore nintendo fans, and maybe a few newcomers. I think it will lose its casual audiance almost completely. The AAA games will be an added bonus to us though. Xbox and PS fanatics are waaayyy to stubborn to switch to nintendo after they tarnished their hardcore name forever with the wii. I will love the wii u, you will love it, anad everyone who loves a nintendo franchise will love it, but outside of that it will be a ripped on console once again. BUT WHO CARES. all that matters is that wii are happy, and so are u.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#4 Nintendustin

Nintendustin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 483 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:50 PM

Yeah, there are way too many fanboy posts these days.

#5 SolxBurst

SolxBurst

Okami Amaterasu

• Writers
  • 630 posts
  • NNID:SolxBurst
  • Fandom:
    Okami, Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:16 PM

To be honest, the big N needs to get their act together. They have so many negatives on them right now. It isn't the console itself, it isn't the games, it's how they are handling the Wii U. There are still people who have no idea what it is, some who do know about at think it is just a peripheral, and there are no advertisements.

These are all very important to the industry and the consumers, the specs don't matter to me personally and neither do ads. But the thing is that Nintendo needs to put out a commercial that literally says, "This is a brand new console from Nintendo". They need to cut a lot of the secrecy and give us more information (which might be fixed at the upcoming conference) and start pushing 3rd parties and even paying them to make versions of their games for Wii U.

I love Nintendo and I always have. I just really want Wii U to be ultra successful and I hope Nintendo know what they are doing with this strategy...

Edited by SolxBurst, 12 September 2012 - 11:34 AM.

2jd1178.jpg

"...A well written villain is a hero in his/her own world..."

#6 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:41 PM

I think thats your fanboy side speaking, we all have it sometimes. I don't think the wii u will gain much a fanbase, i think it will be for the Hardcore nintendo fans, and maybe a few newcomers. I think it will lose its casual audiance almost completely. The AAA games will be an added bonus to us though. Xbox and PS fanatics are waaayyy to stubborn to switch to nintendo after they tarnished their hardcore name forever with the wii. I will love the wii u, you will love it, anad everyone who loves a nintendo franchise will love it, but outside of that it will be a ripped on console once again. BUT WHO CARES. all that matters is that wii are happy, and so are u.

im no fanboy i like all gaming. i really cant stand that word tbh

Signature_Fox.png

#7 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:14 PM

Since when did Nintendo EVER have an issue grabbing the attention of casual gamers? I don't think they'll lose them... although, I do think they need to market this better. The secrecy so close to release is.. odd.

Part of what made the Wii sell so well was the price. It came at a time where PS3's were $400+, 360s were $300+ and it brought something everyone had wanted in their gaming (motion controls). They need to do this again. The price needs to be great, we need to hear about this amazing controller... but we honestly need to hear that something better for cheaper won't be out there... Nintendo is the first of the next gen to release.. I really hope this won't hurt them, but I don't think it will.. if they start telling us things.

#8 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:06 AM

High development costs did affect this generation significantly, however engines and hardware have become more efficient. The new engines will allow developers to easily create environments and easily change them, certain areas will only require a handful of developers rather than a larger amount, I think I read 8 were used for the elemental demo but normally if it weren't for UE4 they would need i think 14, I can't find that article. Apparently less time was needed when developing the elemental demo.

So there's one aspect that these engines are becoming more time efficient and require less people. That's out of the way.

I would say Microsoft could possibly dominate and I've expressed my reasoning numerous times, they have the pefect chance at the end october. When Microsoft's new ecosystem launches, anyone that uses any of the products could potentially want to play games on the XboxNext because these services would link flawlessly. So come October 26th if anyone owns/uses a Windows 8 devices (be it laptop, tablet, tabtop/convertable, touchscreen PC), Windows RT tablet, Windows Phone 8 device, Outlook.com/Hotmail, Skydrive, Zune/Xbox Music and Video, Office 2013 and/or Skype then they will be more inclined to purchase a NextBox when they realise how well these Microsoft Service finally work with each other.

For general consumers Microsoft's console will be a no brainer because it will hook into their current ecosystem that they use on their phone and PC and be the go to choice. For core gamers that care about games, we would do it for the games and I hear complaints about how MS SONY and Nintendo are talking about being a living device and not a games console. I just have to point out to them that technology is changing, we had things years back that don't exist anymore because technology started to advance.

Digital Organisers are now in phones, PMP are potentially being phased out with Phones, point and shoots are clearly being phased out by camera phones REGARDLESS of how substantially better a simple point shoot camera is at taking photos than a smartphone, DVD players and in sony's case Blu-ray players.

What we see now is that people are buying streaming boxes, like Boxee, Roku box, small form factor PCs with XMBC and of course Apple TVs. Not to forget that Smart TVs are becoming competitors against consoles for those same services. Consoles are adapting with the times as general consumers would rather watch video on demand than programed television.

Back when the PS2 launch, it was called Home/Computer Entertainment System, primarily because it played DVDs and thus an entertainment system for the home. As times shift there's a lot more entertainment content than just DVD discs, so this is why consoles will need these entertainment features to "change the living room experience" as all companies put it.

I do believe MS will be the leader next gen, they have a massive advantage, not because of the current 360 but their new ecosystem that launches next month. It's going to be huge IMO

#9 LaserSWE

LaserSWE

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:49 AM

and we have little idea on how powerful it is.

Dont know if this have been posted on this forum before. But here it is.

CPU: “Espresso” CPU on the Wii U has three enhanced Broadway cores
GPU: “GPU7” AMD Radeon™-based High Definition GPU. Unique API = GX2, which supports Shader Model 4.0 (DirectX 10.1 and OpenGL 3.3 equivalent functionality)
Memory: Mem1 = 32MB Mem2 = 1GB (that applications can use)
Storage: Internal 8 GB with support for SD Cards (SD Cards up to 2GB/ SDHC Cards up to 32GB) and External USB Connected Hard Drives
Networking: 802.11 b/g/n Wifi
Video Output: Supports 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i
Video Cables Supported:
Compatible cables include HDMI, Wii D-Terminal, Wii Component Video, Wii RGB, Wii S-Video Stereo AV and Wii AV.
USB: Four USB 2.0 Ports

Source: http://www.vgleaks.c...-u-final-specs/

#10 SolxBurst

SolxBurst

Okami Amaterasu

• Writers
  • 630 posts
  • NNID:SolxBurst
  • Fandom:
    Okami, Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:34 AM

Dont know if this have been posted on this forum before. But here it is.

CPU: “Espresso” CPU on the Wii U has three enhanced Broadway cores
GPU: “GPU7” AMD Radeon™-based High Definition GPU. Unique API = GX2, which supports Shader Model 4.0 (DirectX 10.1 and OpenGL 3.3 equivalent functionality)
Memory: Mem1 = 32MB Mem2 = 1GB (that applications can use)
Storage: Internal 8 GB with support for SD Cards (SD Cards up to 2GB/ SDHC Cards up to 32GB) and External USB Connected Hard Drives
Networking: 802.11 b/g/n Wifi
Video Output: Supports 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i
Video Cables Supported:
Compatible cables include HDMI, Wii D-Terminal, Wii Component Video, Wii RGB, Wii S-Video Stereo AV and Wii AV.
USB: Four USB 2.0 Ports

Source: http://www.vgleaks.c...-u-final-specs/

The specs were released the day after I posted that, I will remove that from my post but it doesn't affect the rest of the post.

2jd1178.jpg

"...A well written villain is a hero in his/her own world..."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!