• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 LaserSWE

LaserSWE

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:35 AM

It's better this way. The AV cables are cheaper to buy than an HDMI.

Yeah, not really. The pricetag of a Nintendo Wii AV cable is about 45 dollar while you can get a HDMI for like 7 dollar (doesnt mather if you buy a cheap one since all HDMI cables is of the same quality). Nintendo obviously knows this as well.
(HDMI is a standard in which they wouldnt be able to make one especially for the Wii U. So its clever to make consumers buy their own product, i.e the AV cable instead of HDMI which anyone can get anywhere for basicly no price at all).

#22 SolxBurst

SolxBurst

Okami Amaterasu

• Writers
  • 630 posts
  • NNID:SolxBurst
  • Fandom:
    Okami, Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:35 AM

Isn't that the Prototype wii U from E3 2011?

The only big changes they have made since then are changes to the gamepad and the hardware, the "box" itself has not changed. I am under the impression that they did not say that it was in the box because its a given, the HDMI cable included never is thought of being included so they said they pointed it out. If they do not include it then there will most likely be compatibility with Wii cables from what we have seen. I just hope I do not get screwed over just because I have an awesome and big SD TV.

2jd1178.jpg

"...A well written villain is a hero in his/her own world..."

#23 LaserSWE

LaserSWE

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:38 AM

most likely be compatibility with Wii cables from what we have seen. I just hope I do not get screwed over just because I have an awesome and big SD TV.

Nintendo have confirmed on their website that consumers will have to use the Wii cables for SD-TVs on Wii U.

#24 SolxBurst

SolxBurst

Okami Amaterasu

• Writers
  • 630 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:42 AM

Nintendo have confirmed on their website that consumers will have to use the Wii cables for SD-TVs on Wii U.

I have not seen this, could I have a link please?

2jd1178.jpg

#25 LaserSWE

LaserSWE

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:14 AM

I have not seen this, could I have a link please?

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/wii_u_52414.html

Nearly at the bottom of the page

"If you are unable to connect to your TV using the included HDMI cable please use the appropriate Wii cables"

#26 SolxBurst

SolxBurst

Okami Amaterasu

• Writers
  • 630 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:15 AM

http://www.nintendo....ii_u_52414.html

"If you are unable to connect to your TV using the included HDMI cable please use the appropriate Wii cables"

Oh, thank you.I was on the American page and didn't see anything. Thank you.

2jd1178.jpg

#27 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • NNID:Savoir
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:19 AM

Yeah, not really. The pricetag of a Nintendo Wii AV cable is about 45 dollar while you can get a HDMI for like 7 dollar (doesnt mather if you buy a cheap one since all HDMI cables is of the same quality). Nintendo obviously knows this as well.
(HDMI is a standard in which they wouldnt be able to make one especially for the Wii U. So its clever to make consumers buy their own product, i.e the AV cable instead of HDMI which anyone can get anywhere for basicly no price at all).

Hmm well that sucks. AV cables can't even do as much. Oh well.
"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

That, my friends, is why the design is sexist."~Angelo M. D'Argenio-4/17/2014

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#28 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:27 PM

http://www.nintendo....ii_u_52414.html

Thanks for the confirmation of this! I've been looking crazy for it.

#29 The Video Gamer

The Video Gamer

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:04 PM

They'll be able to buy or use there existing Wii AV or Component cables.

#30 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:37 PM

I'm behind the times in many ways. I only have one HD tv out of the four in my house ( fourth one replaced with the HD), no HD laptop/, no Blu Ray player ( I have a PS3 though, so it sort of counts).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!