#1 Tipzil

Tipzil

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • Fandom:
    Link, Pokemon, Nintendo, Minecraft

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:22 PM

Ok, so I live in NZ and I want to get a premium Wii U, but I've heard you'll only be able to get it if you preorder it or from GameStop and stuff, but we don't have GameStop and I'm not allowed to preorder one, I can only get one in stores on Dec 16th.

So, will I still be able to get one even in store?
"I wombo, you wombo, he, she, me wombo, the study of womboligy, come on Spongebob, this is first grade!" ~ Patrick, Spongebob Squarepants

"Nah Nah Nah Man, you see, mah name is An'twan!" ~ Josh, Drake & Josh

#2 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:28 PM

Since you are planning to get it on Decemeber 16th I doubt it, pre orders are getting taken fast and since it's close to Christmas it would make it harder, and since you can't pre order it and get it early I can say maybe you can buy it online at a local game shop or eBay.

#3 Tipzil

Tipzil

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:30 PM

Yeah, but the thing is, my mum will only let me get it at that time, I've tried convincing her and telling her that I can only get it by preordering it...
"I wombo, you wombo, he, she, me wombo, the study of womboligy, come on Spongebob, this is first grade!" ~ Patrick, Spongebob Squarepants

#4 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:30 PM

Well, you live in NZ it's only sold out in North America. And gamestop is the only store that sells it around you, that stinks.

#5 Tipzil

Tipzil

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:33 PM

Well, you live in NZ it's only sold out in North America. And gamestop is the only store that sells it around you, that stinks.

What I meant to say is, we don't have a GameStop in NZ lol

#6 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:44 PM

There is always best buy.

794144.png?13383682

#7 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:52 PM

Wow you have it tough. Since your mom won't understand that it can be sold out quick your best bet on Dec 16 is to search at privately owned game shops. Because it would probably be sold out at all the chain game stores and Best Buy.
zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#8 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:56 PM

My bad, I read horrible in this mobile version and rush. Do you have EB games?

#9 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:09 PM

I'm guessing the 16th is way after launch? If she's just against preordering, you can always try snagging one at launch if you camp out.
Posted Image

#10 LaserSWE

LaserSWE

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:11 PM

Just wait and see. WiiU aint going anywhere and even though I truly can understand the wish to have it as soon as possible, I think its best to wait for the version (Premium/Deluxe) that you want instead of settling with the core-version.

#11 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:38 AM

where did you read you can only get it form pre orders or gamestop?

#12 hohi

hohi

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:41 AM

Preorder it from EB Games?

#13 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:26 AM

Ok, so I live in NZ and I want to get a premium Wii U, but I've heard you'll only be able to get it if you preorder it or from GameStop and stuff, but we don't have GameStop and I'm not allowed to preorder one, I can only get one in stores on Dec 16th.

So, will I still be able to get one even in store?

I think you seem to have misunderstood. The premium edition isn't exclusive to anyone retailer in the US or anywhere else. Even here in the UK all the major retailers have it for preorder. The same should apply in New Zealand. That said there is no guarantee you will still be able to get one on that date and no one here is going to be able to answer your question. You're just going to have to check around all your local retailers then and hope they're still available. I'm sure more stock will made available after the initial launch stock is sold out anyway.

#14 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:51 AM

Deluxe bundle is available everywhere...remember though in NZ your getting it on November 30th..so a little later..I don't know what kind of games stores NZ has or how well video games sell. Only time will tell.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#15 Zonark

Zonark

Blooper

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:47 AM

U will need to be first in line for it went it comes back in stock at whatever store that's getting it around u. If u have to wait that long

Edited by Zonark, 16 September 2012 - 04:47 AM.

#16 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:35 AM

Yes you will. Pre-order it for piece of mind.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#17 Tipzil

Tipzil

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:51 AM

Well, not many people by game consoles and stuff where i'll be getting it, so i think i'll be safe :/

#18 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:05 PM

You should be fine dude. Just as long as you don't rock up super late in the day. I think Australians and New Zealanders don't really get the whole pre-order gig as much as Europe and the US do. I mean, we have pre-order systems, but I think the majority of buyers just walk into the store and get it on launch days.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!