12 replies to this topic

#1 rschauby

rschauby

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:31 PM

http://mynintendonew...on-release-day/

Can someone please confirm that First Party Nintendo Games (i.e. NintendoLand, Mario U) will be on the Wii U eShop on launch day? If this is the case, then those who do not need a disc need not worry about pre-ordering from a retailer.

#2 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:05 PM

Nintendo didn't give out information on digital download of retail games yet.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#3 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:25 PM

Yes, they're all out on day 1 on the eshop.

The problem with retailers is the consoles are low on stock, not the games.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#4 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:45 PM

Yes, they're all out on day 1 on the eshop.

The problem with retailers is the consoles are low on stock, not the games.

Where and when did they say that? I didn't realize any titles were digital downloads from day one
Posted Image
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#5 rschauby

rschauby

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:03 PM

I know it removes the chance of reselling, but having an 8 year old son using the system I very much like to avoid him handling discs as much as possible.

#6 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:25 AM

i would never download a game when i can get the disc. Its the same with CD/Vinyl, i just like having something i can physically own. I dont really see he advantages of download over disc.

#7 rschauby

rschauby

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:44 AM

i would never download a game when i can get the disc. Its the same with CD/Vinyl, i just like having something i can physically own. I dont really see he advantages of download over disc.

I have an 8 year old son and a wife. Kids and spouses scratch/lose/break things. Losing the benefit of reselling a game for $5 is worth the trade off in security. Not to mention the benefits of less wear on the machine by not having to spin & exchange discs.

#8 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:59 AM

Yeah at first I wasn't too sure about digital but I'm starting to like the idea more. No transit to the store and back. Don't need to worry about discs being lost or other accidents (yeah, I somehow lost whole games complete with boxes in my black hole of a room. Wat) Plus if you go deluxe you get 10% back.
Honestly I'm not the kind of person who blazes through a game then resells asap so digital is more appealing in my case.

On topic though... Besides that article I don't think there's any proof that they will, but I honestly believe they will. They kept saying they won't repeat the 3DS, they want everything up on launch. Makes sense that if they have their eShop up, they have their first party games up.
Posted Image

#9 Fully87

Fully87

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dark Souls, Deus Ex, Half-Life

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:33 AM

A step in the right direction for Nintendo, Hopefully some third party publishers follow suit.

#10 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:15 PM

Where and when did they say that? I didn't realize any titles were digital downloads from day one

Back last financial report.
And have repeated so at various conferences like e3, etc.
Also, trine 2 and tokitori and digital only.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#11 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:15 PM

Back last financial report.
And have repeated so at various conferences like e3, etc.
Also, trine 2 and tokitori and digital only.

Yeah, I know those
Posted Image

#12 rschauby

rschauby

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:30 PM

If we get the Deluxe version, supposedly it comes with some membership which gives you 10% savings on the e-shop. This might help offset the inability to resell.

#13 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:28 AM

If we get the Deluxe version, supposedly it comes with some membership which gives you 10% savings on the e-shop. This might help offset the inability to resell.

Deluxe/Premium consoles give you access to a special promotion which runs from launch to december 2014.
Every purchase you make, gives you points.
Once you reach 500 points, you can then use that as money in the eShop for further purchases.

The rate is 10%.
(500 points = €5)
My source: NoE actually explained it, rather than what Reggie did and say "details later, lol".

My math could be wrong, but I think that means buy 10 full retail games from the eShop and you'll get one free.

Edited by Nollog, 18 September 2012 - 04:30 AM.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!