• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 thehappening

thehappening

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:29 AM

harddrives reside out side the wiiu as nintendo would never put one on the inside unless you want 50s tech in your console LOL \

#22 That64Kid

That64Kid

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • Fandom:
    I love you

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:49 AM

I preordered the basic, so now I have to get an external hard drive. Is 500GB good? Or should I save for a 1TB hdd?

I'm planning on downloading as many games and demos as I can. I think 500GB is good, but I'd feel safer having a 1TB XD

#23 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:02 PM

I preordered the basic, so now I have to get an external hard drive. Is 500GB good? Or should I save for a 1TB hdd?

I'm planning on downloading as many games and demos as I can. I think 500GB is good, but I'd feel safer having a 1TB XD

with a hard drive, bigger is always better. but the only person who really knows how much storage you need is you.

If you will be downloading videos, games, etc. it can fill up pretty fast. but even so, 500 GB will be plenty. However, the prices are always going down. shop around online for a good deal. You'll find them.

#24 dmann

dmann

Blooper

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:43 PM

How much more is that than GBs? Also, did you get it from bestbuy?

its 1000 gb to be exact, and yes i did get my hard drive from Best Buy.

ever since i read an article saying that you can plug in about 3terrabites of storage, I went and bought one.

here is the link:

http://mynintendonews.com/2012/09/13/reggie-says-you-can-plug-in-a-full-on-three-terabyte-hdd-if-you-want-with-wii-u/
Nintendo Network ID: dmann21
3DS Friend Code: 2750-1109-4924

#25 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:53 PM

its 1000 gb to be exact, and yes i did get my hard drive from Best Buy.

ever since i read an article saying that you can plug in about 3terrabites of storage, I went and bought one.

here is the link:

http://mynintendonew...ant-with-wii-u/

Sweet, could you please show me exactly what hard drive you bought from best buy with a link? :)

#26 dmann

dmann

Blooper

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:05 PM

Sweet, could you please show me exactly what hard drive you bought from best buy with a link? :)

here is the link to the hard drive, although when i bough it , it was on sale for $50.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/WD+-+My+Passport+1TB+External+USB+3.0/2.0+Portable+Hard+Drive+-+Black/4911796.p?id=1218575757942&skuId=4911796&st=wd&cp=1&lp=1
Nintendo Network ID: dmann21
3DS Friend Code: 2750-1109-4924

#27 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:13 PM

Reggie says that the Wii U supports external hard drives with 3TB of memory.

Actually he said that you can have as big of a hard drive as you want! He was just using 3 TB as an example, you can go past 3 TB if you really need it
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#28 milky105p

milky105p

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:29 PM

Pulling up a random external drive to compare it to an SD card, the drive has a transfer rate of 480 Mbits/sec while SD cards can have a max of only 14.6 Mbits/sec. SD cards usually cost about a dollar per GB, of course the higher quality ones usually pay a bit more. But honestly for the price you might spend on a 32GB SD card, spend about 20 bucks more and you can get yourself a 500GB external drive. Sure you probaby don't need that much for a console, but you can use it for other things like movies and stuff. Personally I'm saving for a 2TB one for about 120 bucks just to store all my junk plus keep in the Wii U when I don't need it on my PC.

Definitely sounds much better to invest in the external which is what I'll do! I just hope retail digital downloaded games can run 100% the same as a disc

#29 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:39 PM

What size ofSD cards does it support?

#30 dark_rabbid

dark_rabbid

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, tales, and online games.

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:41 AM

What size ofSD cards does it support?

Not sure but the 3ds supports up to 32 gig so that should be a safe guess but I would imagine it will allow any size considering they will allow any size hdd but we know what they say about assumptions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!