#1 Brenzicure

Brenzicure

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:17 PM

Hey guys! I'm here on a very huge topic in the Sonic community. Whose voice do you think fits most for Sonic? Now I'm only talking about the video game voice actors. I know many of you are thinking about Jaleel White (Urkel) XD. Anyways, this is a debate on whether you prefer Ryan Drummond, Jason Griffith or Roger Craig Smith. Here is a video of examples of each's voice work:

Here is what I think. I say that Roger Craig Smith fits Sonic perfectly in my opinion. Many won't agree with me, but I think he sounds like an aged Ryan Drummond, who was a fantastic voice for Sonic back in the day! As for Jason...meh. He's okay. His voice work in Sonic X was pretty bad, but he improved in Brawl and Unleashed. But, in my opinion, I think most of his voice work sounded a bit forced and he sorta sounded like he was overacting at most times (especially in 06). But I do think his voice for Shadow was spot-on though :). Top 3:

#3. Jason Griffith

#2. Ryan Drummond

#1. Roger Craig Smith

How about you guys?

Edited by Brenzicure, 20 September 2012 - 11:09 AM.

Posted Image

#2 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Smash, FF, KH, Sonic

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:51 PM

Jaleel White in Sonic SatAM.

#3 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:22 PM

Always really, really loved the voice actors in the Adventure series and I'm still disappointed they ditched them.. Ryan Drummond was my favourite voice of Sonic.

I do think Roger Craig Smith and the rest of the new cast have done a brilliant job though. They're a hell of a lot better than most of the previous VAs.

Posted Image

#4 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:28 AM

Jaleel White isn't on the list of choices. This thread is irrelevant.
Posted Image

#5 Brenzicure

Brenzicure

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:56 AM

Jaleel White in Sonic SatAM.

Good choice, but as I clearly state at the beginning, I am talking about the video game voice actors. :P
Posted Image

#6 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:17 AM

Always really, really loved the voice actors in the Adventure series and I'm still disappointed they ditched them.. Ryan Drummond was my favourite voice of Sonic.

I do think Roger Craig Smith and the rest of the new cast have done a brilliant job though. They're a hell of a lot better than most of the previous VAs.

You basically summed up what my rant would of been. Griffith is a horrible Sonic
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#7 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:21 AM

You basically summed up what my rant would of been. Griffith is a horrible Sonic

I guess that's what you get when you assign 4kids voice actors to recording for actual video games... :P

Posted Image

#8 Brenzicure

Brenzicure

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:23 AM

I guess that's what you get when you assign 4kids voice actors to recording for actual video games... :P

Haha. Yeah, but I'll have to say the only good thing that came out of the 4Kids voice actors is Mike Pollock for Dr. Eggman. :D
Posted Image

#9 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:25 AM

Whoever started 4kids should get the death penalty
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#10 Brenzicure

Brenzicure

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:56 AM

Whoever started 4kids should get the death penalty

Amen.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic