Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:25 AM

http://www.ign.com/a...ad-pro-revealed

That's the article for the new Circle Pad Pro for the 3DS XL. I like how it looks, it's very similar to the regular 3DS CPP. I want this though, but I probably won't be getting it as soon as it comes out like I did with the original.

What do you guys think of it? Is it ugly? Will you get it?
zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#2 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:28 AM

Im still bitter that the XL didn't get a second slider in It's redesign. I will probably only buy it if a game I really want needs it or is better because of it
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#3 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:32 AM

3DS XL itself was a waste.
Dunno why anyone would bother to get one of those.
So this is more waste imo.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#4 Stephen

Stephen

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Fandom:
    mario, mariokart, minecraft

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:39 AM

Im still bitter that the XL didn't get a second slider in It's redesign. I will probably only buy it if a game I really want needs it or is better because of it

so am I. However, in a Interview with Iwata, he Mention's that they wasn't enough space to put a second circle pad in, and the system would have had to be even bigger to accommodate it. Which is strange because I would have thought they would have been plenty of room.

Posted Image

PM me if you want to add me on 3ds

#5 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:42 AM

so am I. However, in a Interview with Iwata, he Mention's that they wasn't enough space to put a second circle pad in, and the system would have had to be even bigger to accommodate it. Which is strange because I would have thought they would have been plenty of room.

Yeah...I mean the XL could be 90% bigger but the screen only like 80% to leave room. Oh well...we will have to just wait for the NEXT redesign
Posted Image
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#6 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:43 AM

I get where you're coming from. I'd rather have a slightly bigger system with a second analog rather than buying an extra peripheral for it.

Why do you think the XL is a waste? It's good for people who just like to have a bigger system. I have DSi XL and 3DS XL, because I like having a bigger system in my hands.
zZJ9pHB.png

#7 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:51 AM

The game I'm mostly focused on right now is Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and it doesn't need the second circle pad. I played Kid Icarus: Uprising and I didn't feel like I needed to play it with a second circle pad either. I'll get one when a game I want is unplayable without a second circle pad.

LordPickleton.png

#8 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:56 AM

The game I'm mostly focused on right now is Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and it doesn't need the second circle pad. I played Kid Icarus: Uprising and I didn't feel like I needed to play it with a second circle pad either. I'll get one when a game I want is unplayable without a second circle pad.

Guess you will be waiting forever because that will never happen. Developers will not make a game that forcibly needs you to go out and buy a peripheral for a system just to play it. Except for Wii Motion Plus.

I too haven't played a game that seriously needed it though. MGS3D and Revelations both are quite playable with or without it. They both play just fine with both.
zZJ9pHB.png

#9 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:57 AM

That's really just your opinion. After having the XL I don't think I could go back to the small scree.
Posted Image

#10 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:59 AM

That's really just your opinion. After having the XL I don't think I could go back to the small scree.

I've played my friend's 3DS and it felt like I was holding a toy. And the screen was really small. It wasn't bad, but I couldn't see myself playing on that anymore.
zZJ9pHB.png

#11 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:02 PM

When I get my XL, I will get one, as I will want to replay MGS: 3D on it. It still makes little sense to me why they didn't put one on there to begin with, but still.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#12 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:04 PM

When I get my XL, I will get one, as I will want to replay MGS: 3D on it. It still makes little sense to me why they didn't put one on there to begin with, but still.

You are going to love MGS3D on it. When I first got the XL I spent a hell of a lot of time replaying that game.
zZJ9pHB.png

#13 Mignaga

Mignaga

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:06 PM

You are going to love MGS3D on it. When I first got the XL I spent a hell of a lot of time replaying that game.

Cool. I suppose I could just play my copy on the HD collection and have it look a lot better, but nah I like 3D. Lol.

Mig_Sig.png

#14 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:15 PM

Yeah the HD Collection looks amazing, but playing it in 3D is really great. Plus it feels different since it's on a portable.
zZJ9pHB.png

#15 Mignaga

Mignaga

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:21 PM

Yeah the HD Collection looks amazing, but playing it in 3D is really great. Plus it feels different since it's on a portable.

Yeah I actually had the version that came in the HD collection before I got 3D, but I waited just so I could play it in 3D on a handheld.

Mig_Sig.png

#16 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:28 PM

Yeah the 3D is really great. It feels like you are being sucked into the jungle. And the cutscenes are so sweet in 3D. Awww man I wanna play it now again.
zZJ9pHB.png

#17 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:41 PM

It's... Well, big.

#18 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:48 PM

It's good you can read then, because otherwise you might think someone saying how they felt about a product would be fact somehow.

Why do you think the XL is a waste? It's good for people who just like to have a bigger system. I have DSi XL and 3DS XL, because I like having a bigger system in my hands.

Because it's supposed to be a handheld.
Costs a hell of a lot more, and adds nothing besides being gigantic for an extra few cm.

Edited by Nollog, 20 September 2012 - 03:49 PM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#19 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:51 PM

Because it's supposed to be a handheld.
Costs a hell of a lot more, and adds nothing besides being gigantic for an extra few cm.

It's still a handheld and a good one. I have no problem playing it out and about just like I did with the 3DS. It's your opinion though. I like it and that's all that matters.
zZJ9pHB.png

#20 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:30 PM

It's still a handheld and a good one. I have no problem playing it out and about just like I did with the 3DS. It's your opinion though. I like it and that's all that matters.

When did I say you're wrong?
Your reply seems to indicate that I said you were wrong for liking it. When did I imply that?

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!