Photo

Kingdom Hearts is Getting the HD Treatment (PS3 Collection)

Kingdom Hearts HD Collection PS3

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:00 PM

Posted Image

Kingdom Hearts 1.5

Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix (Japan only) and Kingdom Hearts: Re: Chain of Memories (PS2 release of the GBA game) will be in HD. HD cutscenes from 358/2 Days (DS game) will be included in the games theater. Game will being trophies~ Note, so far this is Japan only, but I'm pretty sure this will see an NA and European release. Still no word on Kingdom Hearts: 3.

Do you think an English release will (finally) include the Final Mix version of the game? Do you think a Kingdom Hearts 2.5 will be released in HD (KH 2:Final Mix, Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded, Kingdom Hearts 3D)? How about Birth by Sleep?

I personally don't understand the release of this without the second half of the series and BBS. I'll still pick it up if it gets localized~ Tsu... Now you have no excuse.

#2 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Smash, FF, KH, Sonic

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:12 PM

The second half collection releasing is a given, but of course, they are not going to release both for the obvious marketing reason, and it'd cost alot to buy if they were to put all of them in one.

KH1, CoM, and Days are smaller games, meaning lesser development time to define the graphics. Not really a reason though since BBS isn't as big as KH1

Edited by Graff, 20 September 2012 - 09:14 PM.

#3 Lord N

Lord N

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Pokemon, Zero Escape

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:30 PM

What about KH 2? Did they forget about it or what?
Free the pokemon!

"I cannot see the future yet... The world is still to be determined..."

#4 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:55 PM

The second half collection releasing is a given, but of course, they are not going to release both for the obvious marketing reason, and it'd cost alot to buy if they were to put all of them in one.

KH1, CoM, and Days are smaller games, meaning lesser development time to define the graphics. Not really a reason though since BBS isn't as big as KH1

I'm sorry, to elaborate, I meant they should've announced the idea or something of the sort so newer fans aren't left dazed and confused.

I'm also assuming that this is some sort of build up for Kingdom Hearts 3, since it's been 10 years since the first game. I wonder if they'll leave out BBS or port it in somehow.. I don't know.

What about KH 2? Did they forget about it or what?

I think they're going to do "packages". This "package" has all the story elements for the events of KH1 and the beginning of KH2. So the next "package" will be KH 2.5 (KH 2->KH: RCoD -> KH 3D -> Lead up to KH 3).

#5 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:23 PM

I'm sorry, to elaborate, I meant they should've announced the idea or something of the sort so newer fans aren't left dazed and confused.

I'm also assuming that this is some sort of build up for Kingdom Hearts 3, since it's been 10 years since the first game. I wonder if they'll leave out BBS or port it in somehow.. I don't know.

I think they're going to do "packages". This "package" has all the story elements for the events of KH1 and the beginning of KH2. So the next "package" will be KH 2.5 (KH 2->KH: RCoD -> KH 3D -> Lead up to KH 3).

Then what about KH 0 HD :P

They're milking it now, arrgghh, everytime we get passed this game hurdle, there's always something in the way. Damn it SE.

FFXIII released, but FFIX has to be fixed before Versus.
Announce FFXIII-2, release FFXIII-2 and then still fixing FFIX.
After FFXIII-2 is released I assume this TGS is all Versus XIII, nope, There's lightning's return.

Same thing with KH.
KH BBS was released, so I'm hoping TGS to be more on KH3, nope, KH RE:coded, ok that's realeased, then KH3D announced, KH 3D released in japan and then the whole world. Now I'm certain they'd talk about KH3 then nope our next KH release is focussed on KH1.5 HD

So all trailers etc from jump festa is going to be on KH 1.5 HD. Then they have to wait for the english localisation (if any) then come TGS next year it will probably be KH2.5 HD, and remember one of the next gen systems launch next year.

So always be prepared to be dissapointed.

Next years Pokemon game is mystery dungeon, and im assuming the year after that is the year of the next gen pokemon game or the ruby saphire remakes.

#6 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:58 PM

A bunch of text was here

LOL, God if BBS is called that in some sort of warped future, I'll be so disappointed.

I won't exactly blame them for releasing KH 1 and KH 2 because of how long it's been since we've had a main story console game. This might come from bias though, seeing as I've been trying to get my friend to play them for awhile so he can try KH3D and this is a good segue. Part of me wants to believe I still have some logic behind the bias though.

I've lost faith in attempting to come up with a KH3 release date time frame, but I will say if they want to release HD collections, do it now (which they are). KH3D only just came out, so I didn't think we were going to get a KH3 anytime soon. That seems a bit roadkill.

Same logic holds for Pokemon. They are releasing their newest game in October, I doubt will get Gen VI until 2014ish. Since you mentioned R/S, do you think they'll receive their makeovers? Tsu and I were talking about the possibility of them skipping the games because all games are, in some way, tradable with each other. Just a quick though.

#7 LaserSWE

LaserSWE

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:04 AM

I will ignore this due to the lack of Kingdom Hearts 2

#8 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:25 AM

Same logic holds for Pokemon. They are releasing their newest game in October, I doubt will get Gen VI until 2014ish. Since you mentioned R/S, do you think they'll receive their makeovers? Tsu and I were talking about the possibility of them skipping the games because all games are, in some way, tradable with each other. Just a quick though.

I don't see a ruby or sapphire remake unless.... released Japan 21st November 2002, too late for a 10th anniversary celebration so I guess not.

5th gen is likely to be announced in 2013, late 2013. Games to come out either before june or after june. Depends on what the next movie is about, I'm assuming september 2014, since the movie will probably focus on a few new pokemon.

2013s movie is focussing on genesect.

I don't see a ruby sapphire remake unless the anime wants to wait another year, which I don't see how since ash already has 8 badges in japan. They could do a battle frontier again, who knows.

It's been 2 years since B + W started, so in one year I can see ash getting to the pokemon league and it finishing by then.
Myster Dungeon is the pokemon game for that year.

So unless the anime takes a one extra year for the pokemon league or to do something, I don't see where 3rd gen remakes would come from.

#9 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:03 AM

Kind of getting tired of HD rereleases... Why? Because I buy them...when I could be buying games I never played... I guess this one could be good since I only played KH 1 and 2 and not the handheld versions
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#10 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:14 AM

SE may be in brainfart mode with FF, but there is one thing they don't screw up on and that is KH. KH3 is likely to be the last in the story (just my opinion, no matter how much it makes my stomach turn). They would want to prolong the series, which is why we got spinoffs, origins, and remakes.

Even if KH3 IS the last in the story, I don't think it will mean the last of the franchise.

Edited by Graff, 21 September 2012 - 06:15 AM.

#11 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:34 PM

SE may be in brainfart mode with FF, but there is one thing they don't screw up on and that is KH. KH3 is likely to be the last in the story (just my opinion, no matter how much it makes my stomach turn). They would want to prolong the series, which is why we got spinoffs, origins, and remakes.

Even if KH3 IS the last in the story, I don't think it will mean the last of the franchise.

They said that 3 will be the last in the Xehanort story line, but there would be other Kingdom Hearts franchise, most likely staring Sora.
Posted Image

#12 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:47 PM

most likely staring Sora.

I don't want them to stare at Sora, I want him IN it!

#13 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:54 PM

I don't want them to stare at Sora, I want him IN it!

*Starring, ya smartalec. :P
Posted Image

#14 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:27 AM

Kind of getting tired of HD rereleases... Why? Because I buy them...when I could be buying games I never played... I guess this one could be good since I only played KH 1 and 2 and not the handheld versions

Bad news: I'm not exactly sure how much handheld content will be included considering the DS KH game is only getting cutscenes in this little bundle.

#15 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:52 AM

Bad news: I'm not exactly sure how much handheld content will be included considering the DS KH game is only getting cutscenes in this little bundle.

Eh..being a collector I like having original physical copies anyways. I will get around to them.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#16 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:54 PM

Wasn't there a thing a while back about 5 Kingdom Hearts titles in one package?

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#17 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:21 PM

Wasn't there a thing a while back about 5 Kingdom Hearts titles in one package?

I don't quite remember that one. If so, it's been confirmed this one only carries two :(

---

By the way, it's been confirmed for a release in the West sometime after March. I'm not sure if this includes the final mix version though.. If it does, I might pick it up.

#18 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:28 PM

http://thewiiu.com/t..._kingdom hearts

This thing

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Kingdom Hearts, HD Collection, PS3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!