• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Welsh Jester

Welsh Jester

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:45 AM

I just preordered from joblots2go, it was the cheapest place i could find the premium at £285 with nintendoland.. it even says it comes with a pro controller, i emailed them to confirm it and i got a response back saying it does.. i thought that it only comes with the ZombiU pack?

here is the link to the page http://www.joblots2g...74_7819249.aspx

the site is fairly plain looking, that's not to say it could be a scam but i am always wary of plain looking sites.. i took a chance and placed an order anyway. What does everyone else think?, i registered to see what people think, and if anyone else from the UK has placed an order from there?

#2 WisdomPowerCourage

WisdomPowerCourage

ZEWOP BOOPITY BOP!

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • Fandom:
    Cats Pajamas.

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:03 AM

It looks like its real, but I don't know the layouts a little sketchy.

#3 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:16 AM

If you fear a website to be a scam, google them for a while.
Call any phone numbers on the page and google them too.
Look for an address, and check their terms.

These are the areas scammers usually don't bother with.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#4 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:22 AM

I could be real, it could just be a smaller and newer online store that isn't trying to do much in the design. This site called Gameexpress.com seems plain, but it is actually the real deal. It just happens to be a website for a local gamestore that I used to go to back in New York City.

Edited by Caius Casshern Sins, 21 September 2012 - 05:23 AM.

Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#5 JHardin1112

JHardin1112

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:39 AM

I could be real, it could just be a smaller and newer online store that isn't trying to do much in the design. This site called Gameexpress.com seems plain, but it is actually the real deal. It just happens to be a website for a local gamestore that I used to go to back in New York City.

I agree with Caius. Some local game stores have very basic looking websites but they can be the real deal. Try doing as Nollog suggested, it can't hurt. Good luck!

#6 Mushlikeahusky

Mushlikeahusky

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts
  • Fandom:
    Banjo Kazooie

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:46 AM

Good luck it looks fake but could be some random store.
Posted Image

#7 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Metroid, mariokart

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:00 AM

Not looking good you honestly think this place will have wii u on the launch. I live in the us and there is a small mom and pop type video game store chain and they said they cant even get wii u threw there distributer cause the big chains like gamestop best buy are getting pretty much all the systems.

Edited by angelo07stang, 21 September 2012 - 07:00 AM.

Posted Image

#8 Stephen

Stephen

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Fandom:
    mario, mariokart, minecraft

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:59 AM

Not looking good you honestly think this place will have wii u on the launch. I live in the us and there is a small mom and pop type video game store chain and they said they cant even get wii u threw there distributer cause the big chains like gamestop best buy are getting pretty much all the systems.

In the UK Its not so bad.

I also came across this website when looking for prices, it looks OK, it should be fine.

On second thought's I wouldn't be so sure

Edited by stephen, 21 September 2012 - 10:10 AM.

Posted Image

PM me if you want to add me on 3ds

#9 Kardibask

Kardibask

Ninj

• Members
  • 314 posts
  • NNID:Kardibask
  • Fandom:
    Marvel, DC Comics

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:07 AM

I do find it odd that they only have Wii U. Trust your gut.

Also, welcome to the forums! :)

e674231265.jpg

#10 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:27 AM

I'm thinking it might be real. The Pro Controller thing could just be a mistake. It could just be a smaller business.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#11 GreatestGamer

GreatestGamer

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:34 AM

I'm thinking otherwise...

Things that make it look fake...

1. The webpage looks horrible.
2. Only Wii U products??
3. Non history on the internet (google search)

Things that make it look legit..

1. Terms and Conditions on the page.
2. It is LINKED to a ESTABLISHED EBAY seller page. http://stores.ebay.c...PRICE-BUSTERS4U - although this could still be a scam.

Edited by GreatestGamer, 21 September 2012 - 09:34 AM.

#12 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:01 AM

broseph this looks pretty iffy to me. im in the UK btw :) anyway dude im really really worried about the limited product range they have, i recommend you just cancel your pre order and go somewhere else, Zavvi.co.uk is usually the cheapest, if not then amazon or shopto.
Posted Image

#13 GreatestGamer

GreatestGamer

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:36 AM

Even cancelling the order might not work..if its fraud..all they wanted was the Credit Card number or payment information..so most likely Cancel the card and order.
But that might be over drive

#14 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:47 AM

They have a Terms and Conditions page, but to me it still looks pretty shady. But they might not have someone good to design their site. I just would never order from a place like that, ever. You are better off just pre-ordering from an established chain like Best Buy, Gamestop places like that. Or a privately owned game store.

If you had suspicions on whether it was real or not why did you pay the pre-order then come for advice on what we think? You would think that the smart thing to do is ask opinions first and get as much information from them as possible before going through with it.
zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#15 Welsh Jester

Welsh Jester

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:58 PM

I do find it odd that they only have Wii U. Trust your gut.

Also, welcome to the forums! :)

Hi, thanks.

Actually my order didn't go through anyway, for some reason i have trouble with google wallet making a payment.. so i have not given them any money, i only tried because it was the lowest price.. maybe it's worth spending a little bit more for peace of mind.

If you had suspicions on whether it was real or not why did you pay the pre-order then come for advice on what we think? You would think that the smart thing to do is ask opinions first and get as much information from them as possible before going through with it.

I was in a rush to order, no not the best thing to have done but the order never went through anyway.

I could order from Zavvi but the problem is the ZombiU bundle is out of stock now and i don't know where else to order from, i'd order the Nintendoland one but i can't find anywhere that confirms whether it comes with the pro controller or not. So obviously the better value deal is the ZombiU bundle at the moment.. but to get that it looks like i need to pay more.

Next cheapest from Zavvi's £310 is £330.. it just keeps getting more expensive.

#16 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:07 PM

Hi, thanks.

Actually my order didn't go through anyway, for some reason i have trouble with google wallet making a payment.. so i have not given them any money, i only tried because it was the lowest price.. maybe it's worth spending a little bit more for peace of mind.

I could order from Zavvi but the problem is the ZombiU bundle is out of stock now and i don't know where else to order from, i'd order the Nintendoland one but i can't find anywhere that confirms whether it comes with the pro controller or not. So obviously the better value deal is the ZombiU bundle at the moment.. but to get that it looks like i need to pay more.

Next cheapest from Zavvi's £310 is £330.. it just keeps getting more expensive.

The Wii U Nintendo Land bundle dosen't have a Wii U pro controller, only the ZombiU bundle do.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#17 Welsh Jester

Welsh Jester

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:18 PM

The Wii U Nintendo Land bundle dosen't have a Wii U pro controller, only the ZombiU bundle do.

Yeah seems so, i am having trouble finding anywhere with stock though.. at least at the lower prices.

I could just go for the Nintendoland bundle at Zavvi (or sainsburys.. since it's even cheaper) and order a pro controller seperately, i guess there isn't much difference in price compared to if i bought the ZombiU bundle and Nintendoland seperately?.

I mean if i don't want ZombiU, may as well just get the Nintendoland bundle and a pro controller seperate, price is not much difference that way i think.

Edited by Welsh Jester, 21 September 2012 - 07:30 PM.

#18 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Smash, FF, KH, Sonic

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:21 PM

I kinda wished you would have asked us first. It looks extremely illegitimate.

#19 Welsh Jester

Welsh Jester

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:48 PM

I kinda wished you would have asked us first. It looks extremely illegitimate.

Read my above post, the order didn't go through so it's fine now.

I think i'll just get Nintendoland with a pro controller seperate, and order from a respectable well known site.

Edited by Welsh Jester, 21 September 2012 - 08:49 PM.

#20 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 12:54 AM

Read my above post, the order didn't go through so it's fine now.

I think i'll just get Nintendoland with a pro controller seperate, and order from a respectable well known site.

It looks like Shop To still has the Zombie U bundle for pre-order for £324.85.

http://www.shopto.net/wiiu/WIIUHW03-nintendo-wii-u-console-32gb-black-premium-zombiu-bundle

That's a pretty good deal considering you get Zombie U and a pro controller.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!