#1 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:49 PM

As you can remember some days ago Eurogamer ( the publisher of the original article ) published a suposed interview with a warriors orochi dev saying that the wii u cpu is weak etc... instantly the bad news like that tends to be spreaded around all the internet and gaming websites real fast, it is very suspicious because theres no video or any proof that proves what he exatly said, just an article wrote by eurogamer and you know what, this isnt the first time, eurogamer tends to publish twisted words from the devs to make look the wii u as a rainbowy system lol, specially when some time ago Gearbox ( Aliens: Colonial Marines, Borderlands 2 ) PRAISED the wii u cpu

right now i dont know if i can even believe that suposed orochi dev saying the cpu is less powerfull than the ps3 and 360 one, mb they just twisted the devs words

all this BS really makes me believe that the wii u will have a better cpu than what eurogamer wants us to believe

for example take a look at this:

Edited by Stormage09, 25 September 2012 - 02:05 PM.

Posted Image

#2 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:52 PM

Eurogamer is the grumpy old man of the gaming world...and they're arrogant. I rarely read anything they put out.

#3 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:55 PM

That's frickn hilarious! Subscribed to that guy. Eurogamer sucks.

#4 jono

jono

Boo

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:02 PM

That's frickn hilarious! Subscribed to that guy. Eurogamer sucks.

ReviewtechUSA is an excellent channel, I've been subscribed for a while.

#5 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:54 PM

ReviewtechUSA is an excellent channel, I've been subscribed for a while.

Yeah ReviewtechUSA is awesome!

Eurogamer is the grumpy old man of the gaming world...and they're arrogant. I rarely read anything they put out.

g.jpg

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#6 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:24 PM

That was a long time ago.
They apologised.
They did it to sensationalise the story is all.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#7 Gnomishek

Gnomishek

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:07 PM

Nintendo still hasn't announced the Wii U specs (the hell they are waiting for ?) and of course it's an interesting subject to discuss. What if Eurogamer is right ?

Молоту войн и рокоту гроз вольные рати верны, где ветром могучим из братины звёзд рунные стяги пьяны.

#8 Falconberg

Falconberg

Spiny

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:24 PM

I thought I heard the possible explanation of the devs comments being that the wii u cpu is more modern & therefore runs more efficiently. So when you simply port over a bunch of stuff from a by gone era it doesn't compute as efficiently as it should.kinda like how my bbq is really well built so it uses less propane, but because the box is well built it still gets just as hot as other bbqs.
I'm no techy though. Does this explanation make sense?
-falconberg (Nintendo Network ID)

#9 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:54 PM

That was a long time ago.
They apologised.
They did it to sensationalise the story is all.

The way you say it makes it sound like what they did was ok because it was sensationalism.

There is nothing ok about sensationalist media.

ANYWAYS this is actually a NEW eurogamer bold faced lie hes talking about. Not the previous two they got caught, called out, and had to apologize for.

They have yet to make an apology for this one.

Yeah, im pretty sure the guy said the cpu was clocked lower, and eurogamer changed it to weaker like they did with the tekken dev.

Im not to worried. Yeah its.clocked.lower, but its aggressively oooe, and nintendo has a dsp takimg care of audio so the cpu doesnt have to, and an arm core.taking care of the os so the cpu doesnt have to.

Thats huge burdens the 360/ps3 cpu had to deal with that wii u's cpu wont.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#10 Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:54 PM

I thought I heard the possible explanation of the devs comments being that the wii u cpu is more modern & therefore runs more efficiently. So when you simply port over a bunch of stuff from a by gone era it doesn't compute as efficiently as it should.kinda like how my bbq is really well built so it uses less propane, but because the box is well built it still gets just as hot as other bbqs.
I'm no techy though. Does this explanation make sense?

Yes, that is exactly how I understand it to be.

The dev said the Wii U CPU is clocked lower which caused them problems, but they didn't elaborate on that.

What should have been explained (and for all we know Eurogamer excluded for sensationalism) is that it "may" be just as capable or more capable than the current platforms, but it requires the game to be re-written to take advantage of the different architecture. It seemed to me they were just moaning because it was more work than they anticipated due to the different architecture, but isn't that exactly what they said about the PS3, what was said about the PS2, etc.

The same applies to the GPU too as newer cards are optimised differently. For example on PC you might find that two cards in the same price range, roughly comparable, a game will run better on the older card using Direct X 9, because the newer card is more optimised for the Direct X 10. Its the same principle on consoles even if the APIs are not exactly the same. Heck, on Wii U they even have to learn a different API, so that complicates things further compared to the PS3/360 where they will already be familiar with how their APIs work.

Once the developers are all working on their second generation of games and Nintendo have done another round of optimisations to their dev kits, I think these silly articles quoting misinformation from deveopers, will quiet down. At least until the new Xbox and Playstation come out.

I wonder if we will then get some "PS4 is barely any faster than the Wii U" articles?

Edited by Alex Atkin UK, 25 September 2012 - 09:57 PM.

Sheffield 3DS | Steam & XBOX: Alex Atkin UK | PSN & WiiU: AlexAtkinUK

How to improve the Wii U download speed.

#11 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:03 PM

Nintendo still hasn't announced the Wii U specs (the hell they are waiting for ?) and of course it's an interesting subject to discuss. What if Eurogamer is right ?

they never will. they've announced more than ever before already :P 2 GB RAM and GPGPU is the most we will get probably
Posted Image

#12 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:37 AM

Dare I mention that developers have removed some cpu intensive features from wii u ports. I don't believe Eurogamer is anti wii u I believe its simply reporting the information leaked from developers in a more attention grabbing format.

The information that is out there indicates the wii u cpu is not that strong, whether its below, similar or slightly ahead of 360/PS3 overall is unknown but its clear the wii u hasn't pushed the envelope in this regard in some way. Many games don't have high cpu requirements and it won't be a problem. Its already clear the wii u isn't a cutting edge design its been costed low and anyone expecting a console to compete with PCs and the next generation of Microsoft and Sony consoles is likely to be disappointed. Those like myself who have pre-ordered one for the great games that Nintendo will provide for it will be happy. I think many people's expectations are still too high for wii u and hope they aren't too disappointed when reality hits home.

#13 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:49 AM

Dare I mention that developers have removed some cpu intensive features from wii u ports. I don't believe Eurogamer is anti wii u I believe its simply reporting the information leaked from developers in a more attention grabbing format.

The information that is out there indicates the wii u cpu is not that strong, whether its below, similar or slightly ahead of 360/PS3 overall is unknown but its clear the wii u hasn't pushed the envelope in this regard in some way. Many games don't have high cpu requirements and it won't be a problem. Its already clear the wii u isn't a cutting edge design its been costed low and anyone expecting a console to compete with PCs and the next generation of Microsoft and Sony consoles is likely to be disappointed. Those like myself who have pre-ordered one for the great games that Nintendo will provide for it will be happy. I think many people's expectations are still too high for wii u and hope they aren't too disappointed when reality hits home.

Except they all gave the same reasons, they didnt have the time, or grasp of the new hardware. Why is it you always leave that out?

The first 360 madden game was missing 90% of the features the xbox and ps2 versions had. (something the DEVELOPERS brought up in the interview your heavily skewed information came from).

Does that mean the 360 was weaker in some areas than the xbox/ps2?

No, thats stupid. Just like this.

No, it means they didnt have the time to do it for that version.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#14 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:32 AM

The way you say it makes it sound like what they did was ok because it was sensationalism.

There is nothing ok about sensationalist media.

ANYWAYS this is actually a NEW eurogamer bold faced lie hes talking about. Not the previous two they got caught, called out, and had to apologize for.

They have yet to make an apology for this one.

Yeah, im pretty sure the guy said the cpu was clocked lower, and eurogamer changed it to weaker like they did with the tekken dev.

Im not to worried. Yeah its.clocked.lower, but its aggressively oooe, and nintendo has a dsp takimg care of audio so the cpu doesnt have to, and an arm core.taking care of the os so the cpu doesnt have to.

Thats huge burdens the 360/ps3 cpu had to deal with that wii u's cpu wont.

It's how they make money, and it's taught in every english class in the world.
Headlines sole purpose is to grab a potential reader's attention.

I was confused by the lack of a link.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#15 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:58 AM

Its how crap journalists make money.

I wont disagree with the fact they do it to make extra money, Im saying that doesnt excuse it.

Anyways, aside from being taught to ABSTAIN FROM and RECOGNIZE sensationalism, its not taught in every ebglish class in the world.

Sensationalism is a type of editorial bias in
mass media in which events and topics in
news stories and pieces are over-hyped to
increase viewership or readership numbers. [1]
Sensationalism may include reporting about
generally insignificant matters and events that
don't influence overall society and biased
presentations of newsworthy topics in a
sensationalist, trivial or tabloid manner. [2][3

Its how crap journalists make money.

I wont disagree with the fact they do it to make extra money, Im saying that doesnt excuse it.

Anyways, aside from being taught to ABSTAIN FROM and RECOGNIZE sensationalism, its not taught in every ebglish class in the world.

Sensationalism is a type of editorial bias in
mass media in which events and topics in
news stories and pieces are over-hyped to
increase viewership or readership numbers. [1]
Sensationalism may include reporting about
generally insignificant matters and events that
don't influence overall society and biased
presentations of newsworthy topics in a
sensationalist, trivial or tabloid manner. [2][3

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#16 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:02 AM

I disagree.
Still no link to them lying.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#17 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:11 AM

I disagree.
Still no link to them lying.

Well then good sir we are at an impasse on the matter.

Oh well.

I can however provide you with a wealth of links about eurogamer getting caught all liar liar pants on fire.

www.google.com/m?q=eurogamer+caught+lying&client=ms-opera-mini-beta-android&channel=new

Take your pic.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#18 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:55 AM

Well then good sir we are at an impasse on the matter.

Oh well.

I can however provide you with a wealth of links about eurogamer getting caught all liar liar pants on fire.

www.google.com/m?q=eurogamer+caught+lying&client=ms-opera-mini-beta-android&channel=new

Take your pic.

FANTAAASTIC!
All about the same video.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#19 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:14 AM

FANTAAASTIC!
All about the same video.

lmao, thats google for you.

Figures some you tuber would use those exact worda for their search engine key words.

Standby while i find something that isnt what i assume is some obnoxious youtuber.

' UPDATE: We’ve updated the headline of this
article to better reflect the content of the
story. Sega was referring to the visuals of
Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed
on Wii U compared to the visuals of the other
versions, not the graphics capabilities of the
Wii U itself. Sorry for the confusion this has
caused.'

mynintendonews.com/2012/08/18/eurogamer-apologizes-for-misleading-wii-u-graphics-headline/

Edited by 3Dude, 26 September 2012 - 10:17 AM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#20 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:49 AM

That's the article I was yapping about.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!