• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:16 AM

Couldn't Retro be working on optimised routines that put some of the cpu load onto the dedicated support hardware of the gpu therefore freeing up cpu cycles for running UE4? It may be initially it was felt UE 4 couldn't be achieved on wii u but Retro's routines makes it possible.

Remember what Factor 5 did with Rogue Squadron on the Gamecube which has never really been beaten by other Gamecube or even wii games. Perhaps some clever hand assembled code by Retro is going to enable more ambitious games.

Getting a talented developer like Retro to help create superior development software is not a bad idea. They really squeezed out the maximum performance out of the humble wii and this time they have a lot more to work with. 360 development software is meant to be very good and its taken Sony a long time to catch up mainly due to the complicated architecture of the ps3. Getting wii u development software to a high standard in very short time will benefit Nintendo.

#22 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:26 AM

maybe theyr true task is to tweak the UE 4 to work on the wii u LOL that would be awesome from retro

Edited by Stormage09, 27 September 2012 - 11:27 AM.

Posted Image

#23 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:00 PM

UE4 is sooo overated.

meh i guess to each his own

#24 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:19 AM

So is it impossible for UE4 to work on the Wii U or something?
I don't know too much about the tech specs or requirements.
How does the mention of UE4 make it a false rumor? Just curious.

Because they're treating UE4 like it's everything or something. Like, if the Wii U won't have it, it sucks. But it has been confirmed already that it will be on the console I think, because it's scalable.
No sig.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!