Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:19 AM

So after Zavvi put the price up on my ZombiU premium pack pre-order (and they dont have a "price promise" like other sites), I've decided to just buy the regular premium bundle from Tesco and get ZombiU seperate. Is it worth paying £32 for the pro controller as well? Will it even be used very much?

#2 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:14 AM

It'd be good for playing two plater games.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#3 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:39 AM

It'd be good for playing fps games

28gxdv8.png

#4 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:54 AM

ill likely use the pro controller more than the gamepad so i say its worth it

#5 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:04 AM

Personally I think the touch screen of the game pad will be quite an important part of wii u gaming giving quick access to many features of games not possible on ps3/360. You could have a fps game that has a small panel on the gamepad showing direction to throw grenade and how strong to throw grenade or a mini game on how to reload your gun to ready to fire again on the main screen. Lots of new avenues for gameplay on the gamepad. In summary I don't want the pro controller unless it really has better feel/response to the gamepad. Really looking forward to the new gameplay that the wii u will offer even if in other ways the games are similar to 360/PS3.

#6 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:16 AM

It will be worth it. That's why I'm getting one. That way I have another option for controls on the Wii U.

Posted Image

#7 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:54 AM

It'd be good for playing fps games

Why?
The upad has an Ir sensor.

Also, earlier I meant two-player, not two plater. They're entirely different things.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#8 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:52 AM

I wanted to get one at launch but then Zavvi put the Wii U price up it was either that or NSMBU so I went with NSMBU.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#9 x-SourApple-x

x-SourApple-x

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:12 AM

I wanted to get one at launch but then Zavvi put the Wii U price up it was either that or NSMBU so I went with NSMBU.

Don't preorder with Zavvi. They are goddamn awful. You'll probably get it like 10 days later.

As for me, yeah I'll most likely pick one up, along with a Wiimote and a Nunchuk.
http://www.youtube.com/oswingaming
https://twitter.com/OswinGaming

I have sold my Wii U, so if I deleted you from NN before I sold it, or haven't accepted your friend request since, this is why.

#10 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:27 AM

Don't preorder with Zavvi. They are goddamn awful. You'll probably get it like 10 days later.

As for me, yeah I'll most likely pick one up, along with a Wiimote and a Nunchuk.

The cheapest one now is ShopTo which is actually a really good store.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#11 x-SourApple-x

x-SourApple-x

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:05 AM

The cheapest one now is ShopTo which is actually a really good store.

Yeah but their customer service is really quite shoddy now D:
http://www.youtube.com/oswingaming
https://twitter.com/OswinGaming

I have sold my Wii U, so if I deleted you from NN before I sold it, or haven't accepted your friend request since, this is why.

#12 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:10 AM

I actually found an even CHEAPER one at jobs2go or something. The site looks dodgy but I'm sure it's because it's not as popular.

#13 The Video Gamer

The Video Gamer

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:14 AM

I think it's a good price though I'm prioritising getting the system and games I want before getting a Pro controller for local multiplayer and to try out in some games. I'll probably get one in January.

#14 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:31 AM

Yeah but their customer service is really quite shoddy now D:

I've ordered from them a number of times although I can't comment on their customer service as I've never had a problem with them and all my preorders have come a day or even two days early. I would still recommend preordering from them. I currently have a preorder with them as we'll as GAME but I'm going to cancel the one with GAME.

So after Zavvi put the price up on my ZombiU premium pack pre-order (and they dont have a "price promise" like other sites), I've decided to just buy the regular premium bundle from Tesco and get ZombiU seperate. Is it worth paying £32 for the pro controller as well? Will it even be used very much?

Here is a link to the Zombie U bundle at Shop To. I would still recommend preordering from them.

http://www.shopto.net/wiiu/WIIUHW03-nintendo-wii-u-console-32gb-black-premium-zombiu-bundle

Edited by Gamejunkie, 28 September 2012 - 11:30 AM.

#15 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:00 PM

If it's between a game and a controller then no. I can see uses for the controller though. Less electricity spent if you're playing a game without an innovative use for the screen, local multiplayer support... Or maybe it'd be more comfortable?
Posted Image

#16 Welsh Jester

Welsh Jester

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:07 PM

You cancelled an order with Zavvi?, i just ordered with them recently and i think you should've just had the premium nintendo land bundle with them, i got mine for £285 with the 5% off code and just got an email saying i can preorder Rayman Legends for £20 when its like £30-£40 everywhere else..

only reason i went with Zavvi was because i was hoping they'd have good games on their cheaper weekly deals in the run up to launch.. this is the first good game on offer so far. Also, pretty sure they have the price promise on this bundle.. dunno about the ZombiU bundle.

Edited by Welsh Jester, 28 September 2012 - 06:08 PM.

#17 scotty79

scotty79

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • Fandom:
    bf3,cod and timesplitters 2!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 12:57 AM

Getting the zombiu pack and want the pro controller so I can go co op with a friend like the video showed.depends if you intend going co op i suppose
Posted Image

#18 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:18 PM

You cancelled an order with Zavvi?

I cancelled, not only because the price went up, but because I would like to get my console on launch day.

#19 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:46 AM

I'll be getting one, no matter what the price is (YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN).
Posted Image

#20 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Smash, FF, KH, Sonic

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:59 PM

I'll buy a Pro Controller when the next Smash is released.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!