#1 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:27 AM

If you dont know, all people who played sega all stars in the wii u events were complaining about its heavy low FPS issues on the wii u version, maybe because its a crappy port but according to this sumo confirmed that the final version will have better frame rate than other consoles... hope its true and not BS.

Posted Image

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=186622
Posted Image

#2 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:35 AM

Really hope they are, it's one of the launch titles I'm really looking forward to. Not to mention, it comes out on Wii U two days before the other versions ( PS3, 360, 3DS, Vita). It's also $40 on consoles and $30 on the handhelds, really good deal.

#3 parallaxscroll

parallaxscroll

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:10 AM

Man this game looks really, really nice!

I'm going to assume the Wii U will be the best console version (it's also coming out on PC)

Hats off to Sumo for putting in the effort to get the framerate right on Wii U.

Edited by parallaxscroll, 28 September 2012 - 09:10 AM.

#4 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:44 AM

I was considering getting it then I heard about the frame rate and now I'm hearing otherwise. I'll just wait until its out to see if its worth buying.

2lvmghw.png

#5 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:48 AM

Yeah, its a kind of a Mario Kart substitute while you wait for Mario Kart Wii U it can be fun but i dont have infinite money and i have other games as a priorities ;(
Posted Image

#6 parallaxscroll

parallaxscroll

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:59 PM

About the Wii U version:

Since I'm getting quoted...

First thing here is the demo shown at the Nintendo WiiU launch event certainly wasn't final code and should have been labelled as such. So many things about it, elements like performance, controls, balancing and the GamePad screen features should not in any way be taken as final.

In fact, if you came to the office today, the code you'd see here which has numurous improvements in every single one of those areas isn't final either. That's the point here, it's not finished :)

One of the interesting elements about being a launch title is that you have dates that don't move. As such, we have to make calls about how we use our time wisely. Doing a show floor demo can easily take two to three weeks, but that same amount of work is way more valuable to us to get the final game done. Especially since a show floor demo is invariably chucked away and never used again. Of course we also were told the demo would be behind closed doors... So we never really expected the level of scrutiny it got!

Anyway, it's all academic. Right now we're pretty much in target frame rate bar some spikes with effects on certain tracks, and in some cases in 5 player splitscreen. We'll continue to hit those (and we have time to do so) not only on WiiU, but on all the other myriad of platforms we're on.

We really care about this game, it represents over 2 and half years work for pretty much the entire team and right now every working hour is spent working on that final polish, getting the frame rate into the right place - and delivering what I very much feel, is our best SEGA project to date.

Right, best go squash some more bugs!

---
S0L

---

http://m.neogaf.com/....php?p=42627911

Okay I just learned that the target framerate is 30fps.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=42648788&postcount=124

http://www.eurogamer...f-arcade-racers

#7 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Smash, FF, KH, Sonic

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:34 AM

Sega really can't afford to blow their debut on a next gen console (or whatever kind of console you think it is). So even if it's a Sonic game that isn't highly anticipated, this shows some diligence. I just wish Sega could have had this diligence when they were developing Sonic 06. LOL

#8 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:45 PM

This game looks better than Mario Kart 7 in every way possible.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#9 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:29 PM

Seems like the problems are fixed, that's a good thing since I'm really looking forward to this. The Wii U version also comes out two days earlier than all the other versions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!