#1 Richard Fightmaster

Richard Fightmaster

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Pokemon, Mega Man

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:30 PM

I'm slightly confused. I've read a bunch of rumors concerning it's power level, graphics, etc. But, looking at the graphics, they seem to be, well, PS3 graphics in Nintendo games. Is it true that the Wii U is just a PS3/XB360 in a Wii shell?

DC1iHjB.png?1

(Also join the Danny Sexbang fan club! http://dannysexbangf...ub.blogspot.ca/)

#2 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:44 PM

I was shaking my head no when I was reading this. :l

#3 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:46 PM

I'm slightly confused. I've read a bunch of rumors concerning it's power level, graphics, etc. But, looking at the graphics, they seem to be, well, PS3 graphics in Nintendo games. Is it true that the Wii U is just a PS3/XB360 in a Wii shell?

Welcome to the party Richard...let me tell you that there are tons of threads on this already. The Wii U is much more than current gen..and while the graphics currently don't blow the ps360 out of the water..its because so far all the games are ports or using older engines from last gen. The titles that are multiplatform do look much prettier than their 360 and ps3 counter-parts..but it will be a good year probably until you see next gen graphics fully realized on the Wii U
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#4 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:56 PM

POPULAR

Well I can say this about the Wii U's power:
over9000_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#5 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:03 PM

people still thinking that out there? mother of god!
Posted Image

#6 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:11 PM

The Wii U is superior to the current generation consoles no matter what the internet says. Developers have already proven that. End of story.

Posted Image

#7 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:23 PM

Wait until some footage of Bayonetta 2... That game is probably going to be the one to showcase the power of the Wii U.

Still, I don't think we'll actually see much of a difference from the tech demo of Zelda for the next 3 years.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#8 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:49 AM

Having played it myself, I believe im in a good place to comment. The graphics in short do look better than ps3/360, However i dont think its shown that well in the launch titles. It might be some time before we see the true performance of the Wii u, But i fear by that stage Sony/Microsoft will have announced there new consoles and they will end up being superior in the graphics department.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#9 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Smash, FF, KH, Sonic

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:21 PM

The games we have now are to test the waters. Once developers see how much graphical output the console truly has, we can expect a decent jump. It's too early to count the Wii U out now.

#10 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:18 PM

There's two reasons why the games look "last gen". Most people find it common sense after a gen or two which is why you're getting some negative comments.

1. Some of them were (at least partially) built for past gen platforms and are only ported (Pikmin 3 + 3rd party ports)

2. They're launch games. I can't think of any launch game for any system that can compare to the graphics at end-of-life. Most launch games are rushed to meet deadlines, or have less effort put into them in the case of third parties, especially since they get the dev kit way after the first party starts building games. (Why spend millions when the system may flop? Safer to spend little and get a guaranteed small profit than risk an all or nothing approach.)

Anyways, it'd cost more money just to manufacture sucky parts, so don't worry, it's stronger than the PS3.
Posted Image

#11 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:57 PM

2. They're launch games. I can't think of any launch game for any system that can compare to the graphics at end-of-life.

People keep rambling about this Star Trek game on the Gamecube that was above launch expectations or something something.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#12 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:20 PM

People keep rambling about this Star Trek game on the Gamecube that was above launch expectations or something something.

it was a star wars Rogue Squadron game ...This one to be more correct

here is a bit better quality video

and so tech informations
  • Both videos run in real-time and only use 50% of the hardware.
  • The X-Wing model is the original model used by Industrial Light and Magic (ILM), for special effects in the Stars Wars film and includes ILM's textures and shaders. The X-Wing alone is comprised of 30,000 polygons and the pilot has 4000 polygons!
  • Both demos run at a constant 60 fps, double buffered, true color, and with full screen anti-aliasing and deflickering.
  • The surface of the second Death Star from the film was rebuilt accurately at 1:1 ratio. The simple shapes on the Death Star surface have up to 300 polygons. Every element has a 512x512 true color texture. You can see 25 of them in the demo. There are 70 Tie Fighters and X-Wings onscreen. So, there are like 200,000 polygons at 60 fps with up to 8 light sources along with gloss, dirt, and bump maps. (Note: that number and type of light source can have a huge effect on the polygon rate)
  • Texturing allows all these effects: (alpha, bump mapping, gloss mapping, specular highlights, etc.) in the same cycle. It can do 8 layers in a single pass. (It has been previously reported that Julian said single "cycle", but that is not possible since Flipper has 4 pipelines with one texel unit per pipeline)
  • The 2 MB frame buffer is a render buffer - when a frame is done, it is then sent to main memory. When being sent to main memory anti-aliasing and deflickering is done.
  • The 1 MB texture cache is automatically filled during rendering, as the T&L engine triggers the swap. Textures that are used often can be "locked" into the cache.
  • A-Memory is for audio but can also be used as a buffer for other items that don't need the speed of main RAM.
  • The 2 MB on-chip frame buffer contains only the data for the current frame being rendered, and the z-buffer. Double/triple buffer is stored in main RAM, because the video DAC gets the image data directly from main RAM. To render an image, polygonal data is sent to the T&L unit, which loads/swaps textures in automatically into the texture cache. Textures are decompressed during rendering, so uncompressed textures never take up memory.

Edited by The Lonely Koopa, 09 October 2012 - 03:29 PM.

#13 kirbylover

kirbylover

Kirby And Pikachu are Freakin awesome

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • Fandom:
    kirby,mario kart,mario,anything nintendo

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:25 PM

Welcome to the party Richard...let me tell you that there are tons of threads on this already. The Wii U is much more than current gen..and while the graphics currently don't blow the ps360 out of the water..its because so far all the games are ports or using older engines from last gen. The titles that are multiplatform do look much prettier than their 360 and ps3 counter-parts..but it will be a good year probably until you see next gen graphics fully realized on the Wii U

kirby games seem to always have new engines!

Signature_Mewtwo.png

Pokedex entry: Mewtwo: The butt pokemon. It is really sexy and any pokemon that sees it wants to have sex with it. It's power comes from it's butt.

#14 Richard Fightmaster

Richard Fightmaster

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Pokemon, Mega Man

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:48 PM

Having played it myself, I believe im in a good place to comment. The graphics in short do look better than ps3/360, However i dont think its shown that well in the launch titles. It might be some time before we see the true performance of the Wii u, But i fear by that stage Sony/Microsoft will have announced there new consoles and they will end up being superior in the graphics department.

YOU PLAYED THE WII U!?!? WHEN, WHERE, HOW, WHY!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!!??!?!?! WHAT GAMES?!?!?

DC1iHjB.png?1

(Also join the Danny Sexbang fan club! http://dannysexbangf...ub.blogspot.ca/)

#15 kirbylover

kirbylover

Kirby And Pikachu are Freakin awesome

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • Fandom:
    kirby,mario kart,mario,anything nintendo

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:52 PM

Do you have a 3ds? Get on eshop and learn your question.

Signature_Mewtwo.png

Pokedex entry: Mewtwo: The butt pokemon. It is really sexy and any pokemon that sees it wants to have sex with it. It's power comes from it's butt.

#16 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:01 PM

YOU PLAYED THE WII U!?!? WHEN, WHERE, HOW, WHY!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!!??!?!?! WHAT GAMES?!?!?

Probably at the wiiu experience and events like that . Now in my opinion we haven't see anything thing Graphically that the ps3 and 360 can't do but I have been noticing lots of indie titles and smaller titles Running in 1080p around 5-7 (I think) at the moment, now this may not seem like much but the 360 I'm not sure if it ever had a native 1080p game and the PS3 Native 1080p games are few and far between compared to wiiu which is having that many at launch window which is positive to say the least.

#17 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:18 PM

it was a star wars Rogue Squadron game ...This one to be more correct

Haha I was hoping I'd get some interesting facts out of that statement. :) While I had a GC I wasn't into StarWars so it explains why I never heard of it being awesome.
Posted Image

#18 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:19 PM

At the eb games expo, i put a thread up a few days ago with pictures and all.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#19 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:39 AM

Developers haven't used all of Wii U's hardware features yet, they have just ported the PS360 games over that's why they look the same. The only difference is some extra AA and textures.

28gxdv8.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!