#1 EnDeR2013

EnDeR2013

Goomba

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Zelda, Mario Kart

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:14 PM

I just recently decided to get a wii u(mostly because of monster hunter), by trading in my ps3 and wii, but then i found out that eveyone is sold out of wii us'.
So will there be more preorders or ill have to wait to after the release to actually get it?
Posted Image

#2 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:56 AM

Well, I do know that some retailers in the US (not sure outside) have sold out on their pre-order quota, like Gamestop.

You might be able to ask other game retailers, or even have a lucky chance at some more independent retailers, perhaps even department stores. You could also look online, but they are getting quite expensive with their pricing.

Otherwise, you'd have to wait until launch day or after. Perhaps you'll strike it lucky, because sometimes they have units at launch that aren't touchable by pre-order (for those who have yet to discover the system).

If you don't have the chance to pre-order, you can only wait, and in that time, somebody gonna get hurt real enjoy your Wii and PS3 as much as you can afford to.

Edited by Auzzie Wingman, 10 October 2012 - 12:57 AM.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#3 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:20 AM

Or even try and order from another country that has the same region coding as you, I did this with my ps2 back in the day.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#4 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:33 AM

Hmm, not sure if that works for Americans (assuming TC is American). I think the only countries that run NTSC-U are the US, Canada and Mexico, but I could be wrong, I'm no researcher.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#5 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:03 AM

Unless you have any mom and pop local game stores doing pre orders ..I think your out of luck..

As for other countries with the same region Code...auzzie is right, Us/Canada/Mexico. Not many options
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#6 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:21 AM

No more preorders you have to wait til it comes out. Unless nintendo cranks out more systems. But i doubt the stores will take the preorders.
So try to show up on launch day and see if they got 1 or 2 extra that werent preorded. Or check in with them randomly as some people cancel or dont pick it up after the 48hr hold.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#7 Zonark

Zonark

Blooper

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:11 AM

I'm not sure if this will work but go online to slackers.com its a company that's in its early years but see if ones close pre orders there start soon

#8 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:28 AM

im 99% sure nintendo recently said more systems would be shipped out and pre orders would open up again before launch
Posted Image

#9 Benzkid89

Benzkid89

Goomba

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:45 AM

I have read from a few different sources (CAG) Cheap Ass Gamer I believe that Walmart will be doing pre orders for their Wii U Layaway starting in store on October 14th. I know a lot of you guys are true gamers and on the search for one. It might be worth checking out.

Edited by Benzkid89, 10 October 2012 - 09:57 AM.

Posted Image

#10 EnDeR2013

EnDeR2013

Goomba

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Zelda, Mario Kart

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:01 AM

Tyvm for all the responses, i hope there is more preorders for the system because i dont think there will be any extra ones to pick up on launch date,too much hype lol. I also heard Gamestop has this wait list thing for its powerup rewards members, but u have to pay the wii u out fully or something like that, is that right?
Posted Image

#11 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:04 AM

im 99% sure nintendo recently said more systems would be shipped out and pre orders would open up again before launch

Im not sure about that. I know ebgames/gamestop arent taking any more preorders. They do have a waiting list tho, you can put your name down and when they get some in they will call you. I believe they only hold them for a few hrs tho.

Also heard that there was a fire at one of the Nintendo wii u factory and it slow down there work. Something about a million units lost.
Nintendo claims its not slowing them down but idk. With a lil over a month to go. I am guessing they will only be able to fill preorders and a hand full more. But this is just what i think.

I really think it will be like the first wii. The preorders will sell out so you wont be able to get one for a wk or 2. Then after that each store will get around 5 wii u every week.

Tyvm for all the responses, i hope there is more preorders for the system because i dont think there will be any extra ones to pick up on launch date,too much hype lol. I also heard Gamestop has this wait list thing for its powerup rewards members, but u have to pay the wii u out fully or something like that, is that right?

No not fully. you dont even put down on it. Its just when they get a shipment in they will call you asap. And can hold it for you for a few hrs.
I done it before when the psp came out and i wanted the 1gb memory card.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#12 JD2995

JD2995

Blooper

• Members
  • 192 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Zelda, Mario, Metroid, etc.

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:09 PM

Hmm, not sure if that works for Americans (assuming TC is American). I think the only countries that run NTSC-U are the US, Canada and Mexico, but I could be wrong, I'm no researcher.

America is the continent not some powerful country, and Nintendo of America distributed the consoles in America(continent), so, yes is the same in all the countries in America. I live in Costa Rica and my 3DS, Wii and Gamecube are NTSC-U.
And I'm an American, I don't have to live in US to be one.
Posted Image
Sorry for my bad english

#13 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:40 PM

There's always the possibility that someone could cancel their pre order. Or the pre order quota is lifted, but I wouldn't bank on it. Unless you want to pay scalper prices off of eBay and Amazon. I'd say hope for a pre order to open up or see if your local store is selling non pre ordered Wii Us.

#14 SolxBurst

SolxBurst

Okami Amaterasu

• Writers
  • 630 posts
  • NNID:SolxBurst
  • Fandom:
    Okami, Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:48 PM

Walmart will be accepting pre-orders on October 14th, so I would get it then if you can.

Source: http://mynintendonew...n-october-14th/

Edited by SolxBurst, 10 October 2012 - 01:49 PM.

2jd1178.jpg

"...A well written villain is a hero in his/her own world..."

#15 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:58 PM

Japan also

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#16 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:38 PM

I just recently decided to get a wii u(mostly because of monster hunter), by trading in my ps3 and wii, but then i found out that eveyone is sold out of wii us'.
So will there be more preorders or ill have to wait to after the release to actually get it?

Ill sell you mine for a ridiculously absurd price

#17 Hyrule's Samurai

Hyrule's Samurai

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:34 PM

Japan also

Yes, but the Wii U is region-locked, so you can get it from Japan but it won't play American games (sucks, right)....

#18 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:16 PM

Yes it will, Its still NTSC. Europe/Australia etc is PAL. I buy 360 games from Hong Kong etc. Its only the power output you would have to deal with, which is an easy fix.

Edited by cannonshane, 11 October 2012 - 02:17 PM.

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#19 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:33 AM

Yes it will, Its still NTSC. Europe/Australia etc is PAL. I buy 360 games from Hong Kong etc. Its only the power output you would have to deal with, which is an easy fix.

Wrong. The Wii U is region locked. The fact that Japan also uses the NTSC standard is irrelevant. Japanese Wii U's will only play Japanese games. They will not play games from any other region. A lot of 360 games are region free plus in Hong Kong they use both the NTSC and PAL standards. That said NTSC/PAL and region locking are two different things and not related.

#20 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:43 PM

Isn't there any online retailers still with pre-orders available.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!