Photo

First Monster Hunter Ultimate Wii U Trailer!

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:14 PM

Graphically i'm honesty not impressed at all, however i might pick it up when it's cheaper since the campaign is robust and playing online with others could be fun.

Can I ask if you've played the original? Only because after having played that, the graphical difference is notable with the Wii U version.

Although I don't think it matters, our hype train will exist for another month or two after America's. YAY AUSTRALIA!

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#22 Demon

Demon

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:30 PM

Can I ask if you've played the original? Only because after having played that, the graphical difference is notable with the Wii U version.

Although I don't think it matters, our hype train will exist for another month or two after America's. YAY AUSTRALIA!

No i haven't played any MH games before, but this game will obviously look better than the original since it's in hd, that's just a given. However i'm just not that impressed from all the screenshots and youtube videos i've seen so far. Now graphics are important to me but i can let it slide, my major concern is the lack of a storyline, i'm not sure if i can truly enjoy an RPG without a strong storyline. I'll wait until this game is released and has some reviews before considering to get it.

Edited by Demon, 11 October 2012 - 10:38 PM.

#23 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:05 PM

Eh, it's probably more accurate to think of this as an arcade game than an RPG, to be honest.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#24 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:50 PM

Eh, it's probably more accurate to think of this as an arcade game than an RPG, to be honest.

Yep. It's one of my favourite Wii games, and one can think of it as an RPG with boss fights only and no storyline (all right, there is some sort of a story, but there are storylines in arcade games too, right?).

No. It's upscaled, retextured, and refined from the Wii.

All right. I heard that the 3DS version is retextured and with some added lighting effects etc., i.e. refined from the Wii (plus a lot of extra content), and that the Wii U version is just upscaled from the 3DS version. But I might be wrong.

#25 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:02 PM

Wow as a non Monster Hunter fan, this actually looks really good. Maybe you're right Cerb, maybe I gotta play with others to get the full experience. Although this game looks like it can hold its own weight in the single player..jeezus!

I started with MH3 on the Wii and I fell in love with the series. Now this one has more content in will be way better, so you can start with this one, there's no problem.

The trailer is torturing me... IM THROWING MONEY ON MY SCREEN BUT NOTHING IS HAPPENING!!! GAH... Can't wait...

I was actually looking at the 3DS footage and thinking it was the Wii U's. I thought: "What a laaaaaaaaaaazy port"....... LOL
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!