Posted Image

Track List:

• Start
  • Thinkin Bout You
  • Fertilizer
  • Sierra Leone
  • Sweet Life
  • Not Just Money
  • Super Rich Kids (feat. Earl Sweatshirt)
  • Pilot Jones
  • Crack Rock
  • Pyramids
  • Lost
  • White (feat. John Mayer)
  • Monks
  • Bad Religion
  • Pink Matter (feat. André 3000)
  • Forrest Gump
  • End

Just picked this one up, and I'm aware that's it's very late, but they say better late than never, right? In any case, for anyone unfamiliar with Frank Ocean, he's a member of the hip-hop collective, OFWGKTA. Interestingly enough, he's probably like the most different sounding of the entire group. His music, in my opinion, is pretty much rhythm and blues and a bit of soul. Anyway, after his initial album, nostalgia, ULTRA, I kinda just fell in love with his music. I thought that every track on that album was great and the album was solid overall.

This album is also pretty solid, and features some guests including fellow OFWGKTA member, Earlsweatshirt, John Mayer, and André 3000. My favorite track is probably Super Rich Kids. I thought Earl's being there was pretty neat, and his verse was pretty clever, I thought.

Anyone else like his music?

#2 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:02 AM

I have never honestly heard about this guy before. Well, I'm not very into the music industry. Hearing the same songs repeated over really gets on my nerves.

This feels very chill, and I can't help but think you like chill music, Lain. Pretty sure that statement's not 100% correct though. Was Frank Ocean the first or second voice I heard in that video?

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#3 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:51 AM

Second.

Earl Sweatshirt started the particular track I posted via video. He has a particular, distinct voice. :I

#4 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:57 PM

Posted Image

Track List:

• Start
  • Thinkin Bout You
  • Fertilizer
  • Sierra Leone
  • Sweet Life
  • Not Just Money
  • Super Rich Kids (feat. Earl Sweatshirt)
  • Pilot Jones
  • Crack Rock
  • Pyramids
  • Lost
  • White (feat. John Mayer)
  • Monks
  • Bad Religion
  • Pink Matter (feat. André 3000)
  • Forrest Gump
  • End

This album is also pretty solid, and features some guests including fellow OFWGKTA member, Earlsweatshirt, John Mayer, and André 3000. My favorite track is probably Super Rich Kids. I thought Earl's being there was pretty neat, and his verse was pretty clever, I thought.

Since John Mayer is a guest, I might consider listening to him. I listened to Thinkin about you and it was pretty cool.

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#5 Chaotix

Chaotix

Team Nerd

• Section Mods
  • 728 posts
  • NNID:Chaot1x
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:00 AM

Just listened to this for the first time right now and I got say damn this is some chill music and you can great taste in music lain.

eEG8Ies.png

#6 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:47 PM

pyramids is the best songs on that album by far, but super rich kids is pretty awesome.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!