Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:18 AM

What a pony-loving maniacs

http://www.computera...ty-wii-u-games/

“The higher Wii U games prices are a function of several factors. One is the wholesale price of the games, which you would expect to be relatively higher than the platforms that have been on the market for quite some time. These prices are also driven by the fact that publishers want to protect the long-term positioning of their games, so with new consoles it can be higher. Another major factor is the retailers’ margin. The question is, where do they feel they can position the pricing of the Wii U games? It’s a new platform on the market, so retailers are looking at how much a premium they can price their games at. There are other cost factors. It may be more costly to produce these games, there may be bigger licensing costs to pay to Nintendo at this stage in the cycle.”

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Kardibask

Kardibask

Ninj

• Members
  • 314 posts
  • NNID:Kardibask
  • Fandom:
    Marvel, DC Comics

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:22 AM

So, is that a problem only with Europe?

e674231265.jpg

#3 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:00 AM

I'd say Yes..No way CoD or other major releases will be below $60 and No way Wii U will be more...this isn't the N64!
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#4 Goom

Goom

The Happyman Thief

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • NNID:SpikedGoomba
  • Fandom:
    pingas

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:27 AM

i'm american

Posted Image

I am the hero this forum needs, but not the one it deserves.

#5 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:52 PM

I noticed the high Wii U game prices compared to the other consoles as well :angry: not sure what can be done about it though, all it will do is put people off from buying a Wii U thus not enough people will buy one & developers & publishers won't make games for it.

#6 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:34 PM

Well that's not a good sign, more people will buy the cheaper PS3/360 versions. At least to my knowledge this isn't happening in North America that much ( the Wii U version of Just Dance 4 is $10 more than the other versions, but that's it).

#7 scotty79

scotty79

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • Fandom:
    bf3,cod and timesplitters 2!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:52 AM

Had never really thought about zavvi for buying wii u games but definetely look at them a lot more after reading this.Do most of my bricks and mortar business in hmv these days at hmv the prices I could find.

tekken tag tournament 39.99
007 bond legends 39.99 from website so not always accurate pre release
Posted Image

#8 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:16 AM

i'm american

'mericaaaaa!!!!

Posted Image

#9 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:34 AM

Yes.
Mainly because the EU made it illegal to give electronic goods an RRP, which is stupid.
It only serves to hide the true price from consumers and allows retailers to charge what they like.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#10 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:36 AM

I can make an example on Australian pricing.

Game will cost $89-$109 at it's launch for PS3/Xbox360 at EB Games, while it's Wii U counterpart will cost between $79-$99 (at least from what I've seen online).

However, by the time the Wii U game comes out, the PS3/Xbox360 counterpart may have already gotten a lot cheaper. (And in recent years that's been happening rather quick. The markdown speed could be called 'ridiculous'.)

Anyway, back to topic. Is that release gap being factored in with this examples. I'd understand why if it did.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#11 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:58 AM

Games prices are getting so expensive and seeming as I'm unemployed at the moment, I'm really struglling, I hate it cos it's my fave hobby, without games I'd be nothing, plus there are absolutly no jobs here in the UK, I know over 30 unemployed people and I know there are millions more out there, I come out of college with top marks in everything and this is what I get, I know every country has it's problems, but the UK is a very sh**y place to live right now :'(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!