#1 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:22 AM

Best Buy isn’t the only retailer to be receiving Wii U demo units. GameStop has started to receive its own stock as well.

Pics

https://plus.google....450843529716641

Edited by Stormage09, 18 October 2012 - 07:22 AM.

Posted Image

#2 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:25 AM

I really hope these come to the UK.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#3 Kardibask

Kardibask

Ninj

• Members
  • 314 posts
  • NNID:Kardibask
  • Fandom:
    Marvel, DC Comics

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:27 AM

Interesting, I'd better go check my local GameStop then. A lot of people say it'll kill the hype though, should I spoil the fun?

e674231265.jpg

#4 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:44 AM

Interesting, I'd better go check my local GameStop then. A lot of people say it'll kill the hype though, should I spoil the fun?

I don't think it would kill the hype... Think of it like am appetizer ;)
Posted Image

#5 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:48 AM

Cool. Ill make a trip to mines on the 23rd when i pick up a preorder. And that wii u looks long. And seems to have extra ports.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#6 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:01 AM

Ugh...I want to..but I don't...I want to preserve my excitement for launch day in my living roon
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#7 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:18 AM

And that wii u looks long.

yes it is larger than the wii
Posted Image

#8 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:46 PM

Posted Image
That's a lot of plugs.

#9 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:57 PM

Ugh...I want to..but I don't...I want to preserve my excitement for launch day in my living roon

Me too, I'm going out of my way to avoid my local GameStop. Though I can't avoid it to pick up some pre orders.

#10 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:11 AM

Interesting that they're showing the white unit instead of the black one.

#11 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 03:34 AM

Posted Image
That's a lot of plugs.

That's only because its a demo unit. That said the only one that definitely wouldn't be used in a normal situation is the one connecting the game pad to the Wii U. The reason why it is in the demo unit is probably to provide continuous power.

Edited by Gamejunkie, 20 October 2012 - 03:36 AM.

#12 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:50 AM

My GameStop said that they were expecting one on October 18th, but it hasn't shown up yet. So I guess my local GameStop will have a demo unit within the next week or two.

#13 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Metroid, mariokart

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:51 AM

Looking at the wii u from the back I just see the 1 little vent for cooling I hope thats going to be enough and we dont have overheatting issues.
Posted Image

#14 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:21 AM

Looking at the wii u from the back I just see the 1 little vent for cooling I hope thats going to be enough and we dont have overheatting issues.

Nintendo has always been good about those issues in the past when designing their consoles and hopefully the Wii U won't be an exception.

#15 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:23 AM

My GameStop said that they were expecting one on October 18th, but it hasn't shown up yet. So I guess my local GameStop will have a demo unit within the next week or two.

they are? i'll have to lookout at my gamestop because they got rid of the wii unit.

Signature_Fox.png

#16 WiiUgamer

WiiUgamer

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:06 PM

I just went to my local GameStop and saw the wii u for the first time. I pre ordered a delux based on the videos and trailers but had it in my hands today..... I was blown away by how great the controller felt in my hands. I consider myself a hardcore gamer I own ps3, 360, vita and have had pretty much every system that has come out since NES. Immediately after my Rayman demo I paid off zombieU, black ops 2 and Mario. My only concern is the game pad graphics seemed dull compared to what was on the tv. Anyone else notice that??

#17 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:12 PM

they are? i'll have to lookout at my gamestop because they got rid of the wii unit.

Same with me, the GameStop by me got rid of their Wii unit about a week ago. Which is an obvious sign of the Wii U demo unit arriving.

#18 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:12 PM

Same with me, the GameStop by me got rid of their Wii unit about a week ago. Which is an obvious sign of the Wii U demo unit arriving.

Do u know when or no?

Signature_Fox.png

#19 ChainChomp

ChainChomp

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:16 AM

I'm probably gonna end up trying it out afterall lol, I gotta go to my GameStop to pick up preorders and pay some off sometime.

#20 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:32 AM

My only concern is the game pad graphics seemed dull compared to what was on the tv. Anyone else notice that??

I've noticed it. I think it's because it's displaying HD resolution graphics on a different resolution screen. Closest comparison I can think of is the dullness that happens when you accidentally save images as .jpg. It wasn't a huge concern for me because the screen still looks HD when you don't have the TV to compare it to, but I'm glad I don't need to share a TV and probably will keep gamepad only gameplay to a minimum. :P
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!