30 replies to this topic

#21 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:08 PM

I don't see what's so disappointing about the battery life. It's about what I'd expect for something like that. Plus, how many people are gonna bring their Wii U on their camping trip? :P I think most of us will be at our homes where an outlet is convenient most of the time. xD

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#22 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:12 PM

POPULAR

If i'm not mistaken I don't think the battery is user replaceable. If that's the case they won't be any third party batteries.

Posted Image
Face_Screwdriver_into_holes_take_off_cover

The upad can be charged while playing, it's just a 3DS charger. It's passive unlike the xbox.
I have several 3DS/DSi USB charging cables, so I'll probably just keep it plugged into the system or my PC while I'm playing. Small apartment and all...
If I take 5 hours on the toilet, something's wrong with me.

Edited by Nollog, 08 November 2012 - 12:12 PM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#23 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:19 PM

Posted Image

The upad can be charged while playing, it's just a 3DS charger. It's passive unlike the xbox.
I have several 3DS/DSi USB charging cables, so I'll probably just keep it plugged into the system or my PC while I'm playing. Small apartment and all...

You my friend OWN these forums! :D

#24 Spleenzorio

Spleenzorio

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:00 PM

Yeah I figured since you can play the 3DS while it's charging you can just keep the GamePad plugged in for those hecka long gaming sessions.
Posted Image

Nintendo ID: Spleenzorio

#25 bigpapa7272

bigpapa7272

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Fandom:
    COD, Mario Kart,

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:12 PM

Posted Image

Taco Bell Can do that to you luckily there is an outlet in my bathroom
Posted Image

#26 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:26 PM

Taco Bell Can do that to you luckily there is an outlet in my bathroom

What's a taco bell?
Having power outlets in your bathroom is dangerous.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#27 Wolfy

Wolfy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Fandom:
    snep baks n sweg

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:51 PM

You guys can't HONESTLY say you're happy with that battery life, it's terrible, it's understandable due to the massive damn screen on the thing, but regardless it's a terrible battery life, not everyone can charge while they play, and not everyone wants to use a controller without the screen on it considering that's pretty much the reason to buy this console in the first place.

#28 Spleenzorio

Spleenzorio

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:47 PM

You guys can't HONESTLY say you're happy with that battery life, it's terrible, it's understandable due to the massive damn screen on the thing, but regardless it's a terrible battery life, not everyone can charge while they play, and not everyone wants to use a controller without the screen on it considering that's pretty much the reason to buy this console in the first place.

It's about the same as a Laptop..................

Edited by Mournblade, 21 January 2013 - 12:31 PM.

Posted Image

#29 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:59 PM

Think about it man, the more powerfull the hardware, the quicker things run out, if it bothers you that much don't buy the thing and wait for someone to make a third party battery that lasts longer, which I can tell you now WILL happen.

#30 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:00 AM

It's about the same as a Laptop..................

Actually it's not. Most laptops these days give you anywhere from 5 to 8 hours. Even iPads give you 10 to 11 hours on a single charge.

#31 Spleenzorio

Spleenzorio

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:01 AM

Actually it's not. Most laptops these days give you anywhere from 5 to 8 hours. Even iPads give you 10 to 11 hours on a single charge.

iPad 3's battery can last anywhere from 6 to 8 hours if you are playing a graphically demanding game on it, but also takes 5 to 6 hours to fully charge.

The Razer Blade gaming laptop can last from 2 to 4.25 hours during normal use, and only about 1 hour if you are gaming.

Sooooooo yeah.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!