Photo

What is Your Favorite Nintendo Console?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Poll: What is Your Favorite Nintendo Console? (24 member(s) have cast votes)

What is your Favorite Nintendo Console?

1. Nintendo Entertainment System (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Super Nintendo Entertainment System (1 votes [4.17%])

Percentage of vote: 4.17%

3. Nintendo 64 (12 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

4. Nintendo Gamecube (5 votes [20.83%])

Percentage of vote: 20.83%

5. Wii (6 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 29 June 2011 - 01:30 PM

My rankings are:

1. N64
2. SNES
3. NES
4. Wii
5. Gamecube

The Nintendo 64 is my favorite console because I had the most fun playing it. Perhaps it was my age (10-14). But, IMO, it gave us the best Mario game ever (top 5 overall games)in Mario 64, the best video game ever in Ocarina of Time, Starfox 64 (the last good SF game IMO), started the FPS craze with Goldeneye, and gave us the first SSB game, which was a dream come true (Mario vs. Link, etc.). These are only a few highlights of the system. Keep in mind, just because Wii and Gamecube are towards the bottom does not mean I do not like them. I absolutely love my Wii and Gamecube. Its just that looking back, I enjoyed the other systems more. What do you all think?

#2 3DS Strider

3DS Strider

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • Fandom:
    Retrogames,Tokusatsu,Transformers

Posted 29 June 2011 - 07:07 PM

Gamecube. It had a ton of great games. My least favorite was the 64. Ocarina and mario 64 are my least favorite of their respective series. Thier isn't much else on their.
Also on 3DS Forums and Racketboy. I am not an iodit.

#3 nintendofreak247

nintendofreak247

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • Fandom:
    Super Mario Bros.

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:44 PM

Gamecube. It had a ton of great games. My least favorite was the 64. Ocarina and mario 64 are my least favorite of their respective series. Thier isn't much else on their.

You think Ocarina of Time is the worst Zelda game? Wow...that's a first...

Edited by nintendofreak247, 29 June 2011 - 08:45 PM.

Posted Image

#4 Deboog

Deboog

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 11:14 AM

The Gamecube simply has a great game in every great Nintendo series (except Starfox). Can't argue with that.

#5 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 30 June 2011 - 12:18 PM

1) Nintendo 64 - The Nintendo 64 was the first console I ever had. I didn't have what are considered to be the best N64 games, such as Ocarina of Time and Super Mario 64, but the games I really enjoyed games like Pokemon Stadium and Pokemon Snap. At the time I thought that the console's graphics were great.

2) Nintendo Wii - The only other Nintendo console I've owned, but also really good. I'm a big fan of the motion controls and it has some great games.

#6 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 30 June 2011 - 12:30 PM

Nintendo64 definitely, it was my first or second console. So many memories and great games put into that console. Such as smash bros, Mario kart, super Mario, Pokemon stadium, pokemon stadium 2, Mario party 2, Mario party 3, Turok 2, NASCAR, Crusin USA, Yoshi's Story, Rampage 2, 1080 degree snowboarding, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Battletanx Global Assault, Army Men Sarges Heroes, donkey kong 64, Goldeneye 64, Vigilante 8 The games i just listed are the funnest and the best games on the N64 and some are the best ever!

Edited by nintendo3DS, 30 June 2011 - 03:13 PM.

#7 mudkipz ★

mudkipz ★

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • NNID:MudkipSoda
  • Fandom:
    Donkey Kong Country

Posted 30 June 2011 - 10:24 PM

1.) Both N64 and GameCube.

I can't really decide between the N64 and GameCube. I love the look of the GameCube more, it also has my favorite Nintendo controller and game; Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door. That's just one game, unlike the N64, which had the first Paper Mario, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Banjo-Kazooie & Tooie, Donkey Kong 64 and Diddy Kong Racing.

2.) SNES.

3.) Wii.

Last is the NES because I've never owned one and haven't really had much gaming experience with it.

Posted Image

#8 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 05 July 2011 - 11:49 AM

Definitely the Wii. It has more going for it than the other consoles.

But, surely the poll should be called "What is your favourite Nintendo home console?"
Favourite console also suggests hand-helds, and if the poll did, the DS would win hands down!
Bring the noise.

#9 MaskMidget

MaskMidget

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • Fandom:
    Super Smash Bros., FUNimation

Posted 05 July 2011 - 03:39 PM

I'm in agreement with mudkipz.
Posted Image

This signature contains one word: LOL

#10 MacroManJr

MacroManJr

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 08:25 AM

I've owned every Nintendo console since the NES, and it's for me hard to have clear favorites. They've all brought me something awesome. But if I had to choose which one stood out as the most defining, I'd have to say N64, by a nose.

It was a bit of a tie for me, between NES, SNES, and N64 as the most defining. But I think N64 had my favorite round of first-party titles, a smidgen more than NES or SNES for me.

With games like Super Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, F-Zero X, Star Fox 64, Mario Kart 64, Super Smash Bros., Mario Golf, Excitebike 64, Pokémon Snap, 1080° Snowboarding, Paper Mario, Wave Race 64--those first-party games pretty much sealed the deal with Nintendo 64 for me.

And you also had GoldenEye 007, Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie, Jet Force Gemini, Blast Corps, and Perfect Dark--all from Rare, and all great!

I lost a lot of sleep with N64! I personally think N64 had multiplayer gaming at its finest! I think even though the N64 didn't have as many games as some other consoles, the N64 had my favorite load of first-party Nintendo games than any other system, with SNES a close second.

In fact, I wish the Wii U would see a resurgence of first-party games like we saw with N64. Sure, bring the third-party support, but bring on an onslaught of stellar first-party games, too. If that truly happens, then I'm expecting Wii U to take the crown!

Edited by MacroManJr, 06 July 2011 - 08:39 AM.

~Be about others, and you'll never be bored.~

Posted Image

#11 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Bastion BioShock

Posted 06 July 2011 - 04:52 PM

I'd have to say N64, because it had OoT, Pokemon Coliseum, Smash Bros, Snowboard kids and Mario Kart. Also: Mario 64

#12 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 10:17 AM

Bit of a boring thread as again another N64 vote. I absolutely adored Mario 64. Truly amazing game and still incredibly playable. Add to that a dozen or so other amazing games and the instant loading nature of the console it was gaming bliss.

Second choice would be the Gamecube, then snes, then nes and finally Wii. I found the Wii very disappointing and seem to spend more time playing gamecube games on it than wii games.

#13 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 02:45 PM

-

Edited by BazzDropperz, 13 July 2014 - 10:29 PM.

#14 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 13 July 2011 - 11:21 AM

Nintendo 64.

Good times, good times.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#15 Epic Kirby

Epic Kirby

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kirby, Final Fantasy, Umeniko, DeathNote

Posted 02 August 2011 - 05:30 AM

Nintendo 64 - had one one of my favourite Kirby games on it.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Check out my RP
Kirby Sig made by Anisaxis, thanks dude :)

#16 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 02 August 2011 - 05:33 AM

I'm going to say Gamecube. I loved the games and most of the gamecube games had a level of polish that makes it easier for me to play Sunshine then 64, Windwaker then Majora's mask, exceteraa

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#17 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 05:45 AM

I started play video games only 4 days years ago, all of it handhelds till 2 years ago, I had a Wii. I LOVED IT! That's why I picked Wii. In the future, you should include Wii U in the options.
Posted Image

^CLICK RIGHT NOW TO FACE PURE AWESOMENESS (MAYBE)
@SSB4News <- Pure awesomeness is now on Twitter!

#18 SnobbishTurban

SnobbishTurban

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Fandom:
    Final Fantasy, Banjo-Kazooie.

Posted 02 August 2011 - 06:06 AM

The SNES and the N64. They had tons of great games and had two of the greatest games ever created in their game library, FFVI and Conker's Bad Fur Day.

You laugh at me because I am different. I pity you because you're all the same.

#19 giggity3000

giggity3000

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:52 PM

Well the gamecube is the console i have the most memory of and it is the first console that i played with my cousin 2 player smash bros.

1367065580450s.jpg

#20 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:11 PM

It would be a tie between Gamecube and Wii.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!