• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:26 PM

I agree, useless to me. They will expect you to pay to ship back your brand new system to receive a refurbished unit and then charge you to ship it back, lol.

I'm pretty sure the shipping is free if it's under warranty. For NoA at least.
Posted Image

#22 HotInEER

HotInEER

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Bros, Mario Kart, Walking Dead

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:53 PM

I'm pretty sure the shipping is free if it's under warranty. For NoA at least.

I spoke to 2 reps, and a supervisor. They all told me I had to pay to ship my unit back to them, and for them to ship me another one.

#23 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Smash, FF, KH, Sonic

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:09 PM

Wow, okay. Now, I'm glad I'm getting this for christmas, hopefully all this will be solved by then.

Yea, so get to it, Nintendo. Stop wasting your time foruming and fix the problems.

#24 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:12 PM

I spoke to 2 reps, and a supervisor. They all told me I had to pay to ship my unit back to them, and for them to ship me another one.

That's odd. Maybe because it's a homeconsole. I got my 3DS "repaired" (replaced) with no charge.
Posted Image

#25 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:21 PM

Wow, okay. Now, I'm glad I'm getting this for christmas, hopefully all this will be solved by then.

Me too brother! Sheesh, this console launch has been awful with all its problems. >.>

#26 HotInEER

HotInEER

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:28 PM

That's odd. Maybe because it's a homeconsole. I got my 3DS "repaired" (replaced) with no charge.

I called back again, and this time they told me they could send me a UPS Label and do expedited shipping. I really just wanted to return it and get a new one, or get my money back, but the kids want it fixed, so I will go that route. I called Gamestop again earlier, and they said they had 2 or 3 left that were not picked up yet and they give them 48 hrs to claim it, and then on Tuesday they will attempt one more call in the morning, if they can't get a hold of them, or they speak with the person and they can't come right now, then they will give me their system. So, I have the emailed label they sent me, and I'll wait till then, if they can't give me one then, i'll just go ahead and mail it back, she did tell me I'd get an extra year warranty also, so that made me happier.

#27 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:02 PM

I called back again, and this time they told me they could send me a UPS Label and do expedited shipping. I really just wanted to return it and get a new one, or get my money back, but the kids want it fixed, so I will go that route. I called Gamestop again earlier, and they said they had 2 or 3 left that were not picked up yet and they give them 48 hrs to claim it, and then on Tuesday they will attempt one more call in the morning, if they can't get a hold of them, or they speak with the person and they can't come right now, then they will give me their system. So, I have the emailed label they sent me, and I'll wait till then, if they can't give me one then, i'll just go ahead and mail it back, she did tell me I'd get an extra year warranty also, so that made me happier.

I got an extended warranty too. I'd do it just for that honestly, considering it's free. Nintendo is fast with repairs too. (At least if you live in the same state of one of their repair centers)
Posted Image

#28 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:28 PM

Knock on wood, things have been relatively smooth for me thus far. Did the updates and waited through them all (system and 2 games). Both the games I put in loaded no problem. Connected to my network no problem. My only hiccup has been getting some errors trying to navigate Miiverse. I'm hoping they smooth that out this week.

#29 Goom

Goom

The Happyman Thief

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • NNID:SpikedGoomba
  • Fandom:
    pingas

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:38 PM

Well Gamestop had an extra one So My Second Wii U is now working been playN it all day

Posted Image

I am the hero this forum needs, but not the one it deserves.

#30 HotInEER

HotInEER

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:42 PM

Well Gamestop had an extra one So My Second Wii U is now working been playN it all day

Congrats

#31 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:37 PM

its brand new and you have to turn it to the store and get another one or refund... DO NOT contact nintendo, because they will repair it, not excange it. Thats a global policy...

I just read ur latest mesg, good for u

Edited by Orion, 19 November 2012 - 04:37 PM.

#32 reef7009

reef7009

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:03 PM

This is terrible news :( been so excited since june e3 what is mr iwata playing at?? Sort it out sir! Forthwith! Wth

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!