#1 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Metroid, mariokart

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:02 PM

So is anyone else getting worried my wii u will be here tommorow and all Im hearing is people wit hbriked systems burnt in gamepads and gamepads not conecting. So lets use this thread for anyone that has problems. Seems like most of the problems are caused bye people not reading instructions first.
Posted Image

#2 DylPickle

DylPickle

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Valve, Halo, COD

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:07 PM

I have been reading about a lot of problems about the Wii U. You are right though, people should read the instruction manuals really carefully.

#3 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:31 PM

This is getting ridiculous, could this be the worst console hardware launch ever, if this carries on I'm canceling my pre order I'll get one when it's sorted out, I worked hard on getting this money together, I'm not about to waste it, for now I will see how this plays out and how Nintendo respond, it's not looking good at the moment though.

#4 x-SourApple-x

x-SourApple-x

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:32 PM

This is getting ridiculous, could this be the worst console hardware launch ever, if this carries on I'm canceling my pre order I'll get one when it's sorted out, I worked hard on getting this money together, I'm not about to waste it, for now I will see how this plays out and how Nintendo respond, it's not looking good at the moment though.

Feeling the same as you are right now, as the Wii U's would have already shipped here.
http://www.youtube.com/oswingaming
https://twitter.com/OswinGaming

I have sold my Wii U, so if I deleted you from NN before I sold it, or haven't accepted your friend request since, this is why.

#5 Etkar

Etkar

Blooper

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:34 PM

I just hope the update is pre-installed on all European/Japanese Wii Us...

#6 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:37 PM

This is what I was affraid of nintendo rushing out systems to meet demand whe nyou rush stuff like this quality controle suffers.

Its ridiculous that we have to even download a 5 gig update on day 1. Im going to call it as I see it worst nintendo launch of a system ever.

I just hope nintendo takes care of people wit hproblems you do get 1 year warranty so it should not cost a dime to fix but they should give people an extra year for free like microsoft did.

None of these problems have been mentioned yet bye any video game sites so we have to wait and see.
Posted Image

#7 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:38 PM

Feeling the same as you are right now, as the Wii U's would have already shipped here.

I just can't belive this is hapening, Nintendo are usualy THE best when it comes to quality.

#8 HotInEER

HotInEER

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Bros, Mario Kart, Walking Dead

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:57 PM

I picked mine up today. Very frustrated, and I beleive Nintendo has lost a customer of 30+ years today. Hooked everything up, press the power button on and nothing, the power light just blinks blue constantly. I looked in the manual for troubleshooting ideas, and nothing was there to cover my issue. They had a section on blinking red light, I thought I would try that, and it did not work. I decided to call Nintendo and they were no help either, I told the rep my issue, that my system would not cut on, and all she would say is, did you do the update yet? LOL Really, I said, how can I do an update when I told you my system will not even turn on. She had no clue. She informed me my only option was to ship my system back to them at my expense and they would repair it in 5-7 business days. I asked her how is that fair to the customer to incur extra expenses on a system that is brand new, and should work. Why would I pay for a new system, and receive back a repaired/refurbished unit. I said I would consider this if they refunded me $50 to $100 of my purchase price, or give me 2 games of my choice at no expense. She said they could do none of that.

I then hung up the phone with her and called Gamestop to see if they had any other extra systems and was infomred they only received thier pre orders and no more, and not time table for any future shipments. I then proceeded to call all the other merchants in my area to see if they had any in stock, and naturally, they did not. I then proceeded to call Nintendo again, hoping to have a better experience, and get some type of resolution. I was offered the same thing, after further discussion, I thought I had finally recieved satisfaction when she told me they would ship me a new system and to please hold on while she set everything up. I was on hold another 10-15 minutes for her to finally tell me at the end that I would have to pay for shipping the replacement unit to me, and I would have to purchase the new system from them also, pay to ship my defective unit back, and then when they receive my WIi U back, they would credit my card back. Once again, more hassle and inconvience to me. I advised the rep that this is not a fair option, and having me to pay any additional costs out of my pocket is unrealistic, especially around the holidays when I can't have an extra $360 tied up.

She stated she understood and would get me to a manager who had more power than her, and further options. I spoke to him and was given the same options, nothing new. All I asked them to do is to please ship a new Wii U to the store I purchased it from, and then I could just exchange them. He told me they are not able to do this. I then proceeded to tell him that I know he is only doing what Nintendo allows them to do, but, I would be sure to go on facebook, twitter, and every other social platform I could find and let others know of my experience, and how little Nintendo values their customers. I wasted hours of my day, and have 4 disappointed children who was looking forward to playing the new system, and me also. LOL

I have owned every system Nintendo has ever made, for the OG NES to all the handhelds. I also advised the rep to pass on to upper management that Nintendo is not too big to fail, in fact, companies go under all the time, and in these touch economical times, they need to do everything they can to keep their customers happy, and purchasing their products. Sorry for my rant, but, I just find this unacceptable. To all those that have purchased theirs, I hope that you have a better experience than I have.

Edited by HotInEER, 18 November 2012 - 01:04 PM.

#9 x-SourApple-x

x-SourApple-x

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:00 PM

HoltnEER, that frickin sucks dude. I would've been climbing walls if that was me.
http://www.youtube.com/oswingaming
https://twitter.com/OswinGaming

I have sold my Wii U, so if I deleted you from NN before I sold it, or haven't accepted your friend request since, this is why.

#10 blu gamepad

blu gamepad

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:07 PM

Sorry to hear that, man. Hope things work out for you and your kids. :(

#11 HotInEER

HotInEER

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:08 PM

HoltnEER, that frickin sucks dude. I would've been climbing walls if that was me.

I'm doing my best to not do so. I just don't see how they think any of their solutions were viable options.

#12 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:12 PM

Ithink nntendo will probably have a class action lawsauit on its hands like microsoft did wit hthe 360 and be forced to repair sytems and give extra warranty cant belive this is happening.

Why on earth do you have to pay to ship it back its a brand new system not your fault
Posted Image

#13 HotInEER

HotInEER

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:24 PM

Ithink nntendo will probably have a class action lawsauit on its hands like microsoft did wit hthe 360 and be forced to repair sytems and give extra warranty cant belive this is happening.

Why on earth do you have to pay to ship it back its a brand new system not your fault

I agree, that's the same thing I said. I know mistakes happen, but to me, it's the way the company handles the mistakes is what's the most important, and Nintendo has failed big time on this launch. Also, if you buy one, before you do the update, make sure you go into the settings and cut the auto off, apparently it cut's the system off after 90 minutes of inactivity, but, the update it needs to do can take over 2 hours, it's shutting off in the middle of peoples updates and bricking their systems. Leave it to Nintendo for such a large update to take place on launch day, of course, your internet speed and nintendo's servers can dictate how long it takes, me, I have 50+ MBPS, so I think I would be ok.

Edited by HotInEER, 18 November 2012 - 01:24 PM.

#14 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:32 PM

I have only experienced one problem with my Wii U. It froze up on me when I used the e-Shop, but other than that it works fine for me. There is going to be flaws with a new system, just let Nintendo fix them as people come across them. I'm sure the Wii U will get better soon, Nintendo won't let us down.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#15 blu gamepad

blu gamepad

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:34 PM

I just can't belive this is hapening, Nintendo are usualy THE best when it comes to quality.

Wouldn't be the first time. Nevermind the 3DS and its "scratching" problems, even the original Wii had its share of issues with the 2% who suffered from overheating GPU which resulted in little dots that show up during gameplay of Wii software (and get worse overtime in some cases).

Hardware defects are inevitable when it comes to system launches. You are always taking a risk when it comes to picking up a system on day 1. Its just a matter of whether or not you obtained a good batch or not.

#16 HotInEER

HotInEER

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:32 PM

I have only experienced one problem with my Wii U. It froze up on me when I used the e-Shop, but other than that it works fine for me. There is going to be flaws with a new system, just let Nintendo fix them as people come across them. I'm sure the Wii U will get better soon, Nintendo won't let us down.

Wouldn't be the first time. Nevermind the 3DS and its "scratching" problems, even the original Wii had its share of issues with the 2% who suffered from overheating GPU which resulted in little dots that show up during gameplay of Wii software (and get worse overtime in some cases).

Hardware defects are inevitable when it comes to system launches. You are always taking a risk when it comes to picking up a system on day 1. Its just a matter of whether or not you obtained a good batch or not.

I don't have an issue with Nintendo fixing their problems, but, charging a customer extra money to fix something that should not be broken is ludacris. Just my 2 cents, especially on something that costs $350+, we are not talking about $100 here.

#17 the world ends with me

the world ends with me

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:23 PM

i consider myself lucky, mine is working just fine.

#18 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Smash, FF, KH, Sonic

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:47 PM

It's really sad to see the community like this. We were all super excited and fanatic yesterday and now everyone is in a state of panic and indecision. I mean, I expected a few casualties, but this is pretty bad and disheartening.

Not trying to pick on you, Goku, but it's weird seeing you so unexcited about Wii U. I want the sunshine and rainbows to come back to this site.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!