29 replies to this topic

#1 DaPimpJ

DaPimpJ

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 02:30 PM

Bethesda Vice President Pete Hines had this to say in an interview

“So to whatever extent new consoles fit with the kind of games we are making and support them technologically, we would certainly [try to release them for those systems.]

“The Wii wasn’t even an option – we would have to make wholesale changes to the games we were making on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC to make them work on Wii,” Hines continued.

That said, Hines was sure to declare that he doesn’t know whether or not Wii U fits the bill and left room open for speculation.

“I honestly know nothing about the tech specs of the new platforms and whether or not they are a good fit for what we are making with say Rage and Skyrim and Prey 2.”

“If they are a good fit for the kind of games we are making then absolutely, we would look to put them out for those. But beyond that I can’t get into specifics.”

source

#2 Jabob

Jabob

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 12:21 AM

I would love to see Bethesda developing for the Wii U, Rage or Skyrim would be great.

#3 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 05 July 2011 - 11:36 AM

I really liked both Morrowind and Oblivion. So seeing as the Wii U is more powerful than the current gen, we will be seeing new Bethesda games coming to the U!
Bring the noise.

#4 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 01:46 PM

Its not been confirmed the Wii U is more powerful than the current generation. Its expected as its new hardware but its not a fact. I certainly hope it is though and Bethedsa convert some of their great games to it.

#5 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 12 July 2011 - 02:07 PM

I would love to see Skyrim on the WiiU. Whether it is or not, I'm still going to get the game for my PC.
But to see a very popular 'Mature' franchise on the WiiU would give off that feeling to others; "Nintendo is getting serious". :D

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#6 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 12 July 2011 - 03:20 PM

Its not been confirmed the Wii U is more powerful than the current generation. Its expected as its new hardware but its not a fact. I certainly hope it is though and Bethedsa convert some of their great games to it.

My link.

Edited by Waller, 12 July 2011 - 03:21 PM.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#7 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 04:49 AM

My link.

Need to be careful about expectations. Obviously if the Wii U can produce those graphics then it clearly is superior to 360 and PS3 I would of thought but that demo is not from a release Wii U. We should start getting the actual specification soon when developer kits are delivered.

#8 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:59 AM

Need to be careful about expectations. Obviously if the Wii U can produce those graphics then it clearly is superior to 360 and PS3 I would of thought but that demo is not from a release Wii U. We should start getting the actual specification soon when developer kits are delivered.

The developer kits in which those demos were made were under-clocked.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#9 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 11:41 AM

The developer kits in which those demos were made were under-clocked.

I doubt its from a developer system more likely a prototype box using a similar gpu and cpu combination. Remember the Wii U is a small console and will have to have very active powerful cooling if the gpu and cpu is too powerful. Also Nintendo cost down their products as much as possible. The original xbox had a much more powerful prototype than the final model for example. The prototype had a 300mhz gpu, more memory and faster cpu but the final xbox was 233mhz gpu etc.

Most of the demos at E3 were from ps3/360 games for the wii u and Nintendo were happy to use graphics from those consoles. They could easily have used PC graphics to demonstrate the Wii U graphics if it was much more powerful. One of the games on show at E3 was already in a playable state on Wii U hardware from a developer that had an early developement system but it was meant to be quite poor visually or at least inferior to current ps3/360 graphics.

I think expectations need to be realistic. Nintendo do not loss lead on hardware and if the specification is too good it would simply be too expensive for Nintendo to make a profit on especially if it doesn't launch well and has to drop in price. I would say compared to existing models (360/PS3) the Wii U will be somewhere between 80% and 150% of their power.

It wouldn't surprise me if the powerpc chip was something like a dual core 2.4ghz chip and the main gpu was running at 300mhz and a fairly limited model. However if the console has lets say 1GB of main memory and 32 megabytes of ultrafast video memory it will still have some big advantages over 360/PS3. If they combine the cpu, gpu and 32megabytes of video memory all into one large i.c maybe at 28Nm then it could still outclasse the 360 and PS3 in many ways and perform as well. PS3 performance is limited by memory bandwidth and lack of memory, 360 is really limited again by memory and also by its small capacity dvd drive.

Anyway I'm sure the specification will get leaked when the development kits are delivered.

As always it will probably be a mixture of good and bad.

#10 DaPimpJ

DaPimpJ

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:57 PM

In order words, Bethesda to support wii u because it's powerful enough

#11 Tony Bradshaw

Tony Bradshaw

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 14 July 2011 - 10:29 PM

In order words, Bethesda to support wii u because it's powerful enough

Pretty much, I don't see Wii U releasing a 'weak' console. I'm gonna go with 50% more powerful as previous consoles as interviews have stated.

Posted Image
For all the latest Wii U News: http://wiiuupdates.com/

#12 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 22 July 2011 - 02:14 AM

Pretty much, I don't see Wii U releasing a 'weak' console. I'm gonna go with 50% more powerful as previous consoles as interviews have stated.

INDEED! (hopefully more so though!)
Bring the noise.

#13 giggity3000

giggity3000

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 11:29 AM

Have you 2 forgotten that the 50% thing was based on underclocked dev kits

1367065580450s.jpg

#14 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Kirby, DK

Posted 10 August 2011 - 10:21 AM

I really hope that the Wii U uses a more advanced GPU than the custom RV770 one. Otherwise it will be easily be outperformed by the PS4/Xbox 720. But, then again, we all know that the next generation will not be about horsepower, which is awesome and very healthy for the industry.
If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?

Posted Image

#15 Starrgrl24

Starrgrl24

Blooper

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Kirby and myself

Posted 10 August 2011 - 06:27 PM

Unfortunately, by the time when ps3/xbox release their next generation console, I do expect those to be even more powerful than the wii U. :( Aaanyways, I do hope Bethesda support Wii U! Nintendo really need more excellent third party developers. Sure, Nintendo is great, but we do need variety once in a while and the possibility that Besthesda will be one is a great step. :D

#16 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:26 PM

Its official from today!... A new MMO announced by Bethesda, Elder Scrolls MMO.. is going to be ALL areas of Tamriel, barbarian world... And each server will hold up to 1000 players... Ok here is the video..

http://uk.pc.ign.com...m_medium=social

#17 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:57 PM

i cant believe u said this, what on earth does it take to convince u then? u just called nintendo, EA, vigil, sega and EPIC all lyers when u said that. dont get defensive and argue back, im not trying to argue, i want to prove a point, dont be pessimistic about something already confirmed.
Posted Image

#18 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:02 PM

i cant believe u said this, what on earth does it take to convince u then? u just called nintendo, EA, vigil, sega and EPIC all lyers when u said that. dont get defensive and argue back, im not trying to argue, i want to prove a point, dont be pessimistic about something already confirmed.

>July 2011.

I still don't see them supporting a Nintendo console. They're third party, they always think of an imaginative excuse.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#19 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:22 PM

>July 2011.

I still don't see them supporting a Nintendo console. They're third party, they always think of an imaginative excuse.

Well u can stay in your negative bubble of pessimism, while i enjoy AC 3, Aliens Colonial Marines, Darksiders 2, and the exclusive 3rd party exclusive killer freaks, along with metro last light and all the other 3rd party games coming. shame you wont be able to enjoy them as well, you will miss out
Posted Image

#20 birdmaster21

birdmaster21

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Mario Kart, F-Zero

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:23 PM

I would love to see Bethesda developing for the Wii U, Rage or Skyrim would be great.

I agree, but hopefully they make a game with good AIs like Skyrim and not like Brink!!!!!
The Master of All Birds!!!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!