• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 x-SourApple-x

x-SourApple-x

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:37 AM

Starting to feel like I should cancel my preorder and spend my money elsewhere.

Here's a video I made showing just how slow the menus are:

This video doesn't seem to buffer for me, and linked it to a friend and it doesn't work for him either.
http://www.youtube.com/oswingaming
https://twitter.com/OswinGaming

I have sold my Wii U, so if I deleted you from NN before I sold it, or haven't accepted your friend request since, this is why.

#22 bornsupercharged

bornsupercharged

Blooper

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Forza, Gears of War

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:46 AM

Video works for me, maybe press and hold Control and then hit F5. That'll do a hard refresh on the page.
Posted Image

#23 x-SourApple-x

x-SourApple-x

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:48 AM

Video works for me, maybe press and hold Control and then hit F5. That'll do a hard refresh on the page.

We've done all that. The video isn't loading. Have you allowed it to be viewed outside of the US/CA? We're both in South East England, but both in completely different houses in our area. He's 2 miles away on a different connection.
http://www.youtube.com/oswingaming
https://twitter.com/OswinGaming

I have sold my Wii U, so if I deleted you from NN before I sold it, or haven't accepted your friend request since, this is why.

#24 bornsupercharged

bornsupercharged

Blooper

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:51 AM

Oh, did you try clicking "Switch to HTML5 Player" - the default flash one isn't working for me either.
Posted Image

#25 WiiUgamer

WiiUgamer

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:50 AM

i played mine most of the day and even had friends over to check out the Wii U also. i only have two complaints. The slowness and the fact that on games like Mario U, the gamepad replicates whats is on my TV. This should have been used to show your items because its hard not to just watch the gamepad screen. I played AC3 which IMO looks way better than my 360 version i played. Zombi U looked cool but only played for a minute (too many drinks by then). I am overall satisfied with the system and people who get big devices on launch have to understand there will be issues just like the IPHONE 3g, 4, 4s and 5, xbox 360, iPad. So i hoped i talked some of you off the ledge

#26 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:10 AM

It can't really be a hardware problem, a system that can render complex 1080p graphics in real time should have no problem with instant menu switches.

Well, that's one thing I never thought about. That means they can solve it, so I'm fine with it.

IF THEY'LL SOLVE IT.
No sig.

#27 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:06 AM

Well, that's one thing I never thought about. That means they can solve it, so I'm fine with it.

IF THEY'LL SOLVE IT.

I head Nintendo said they know about it and will fix it after the system updates or something?

#28 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:12 AM

I agree with all these faults, but they don't effect me as much as I'm usually patient ( but loading for 10 seconds to get to an app or game is slow for today's standards). As for freezing, that just seems to be game related, and probably will be fixed in a patch. As for the Gamepad, it feels fine, but the grooves that curve around your hands do feel a bit unusual while playing.

#29 Structures

Structures

LIL B's SiDEKiCK

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • NNID:Structures
  • Fandom:
    Gundam, Nintendo, Warcraft, Guild Wars

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:28 AM

most of these issues can be fixed by updates

636416_0.jpg
Youtube Twitch.tv I stream Wii U Gameplay and PC Games

#30 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:35 AM

It can't really be a hardware problem, a system that can render complex 1080p graphics in real time should have no problem with instant menu switches.

Graphics has nothing to do with how fast loading is.

That's how fast the ram and the hardrive/ssd is. And sometimes, in very rare cases is if the processor is so slow it bottlenecks it.

I defiantly think this is a software problem. I think it's just a question of optimizing.

28gxdv8.png

#31 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:10 AM

The slowness was added due to the day-1 update, nintendo already said it would be fixed soon.

794144.png?13383682

#32 Jeremygts

Jeremygts

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:14 PM

Not sure if this was posted but to exit the Wii mode select "Wii U" channel from the Wii Menu.... that simple.. No need to powercycle the system. The gamepad isnt that bad to hold for an extended period of time. I never heard my kids complain of cramps after playing it all day long. I dislike on NSMBU that the tablet screen is always on... but i guess i can just play with a Wiimote to focus on the TV.

I agree on the slowness between menus that is kinda crap. Im sure they will release and update to smooth that out.
I also agree with what you said about having to recreate all the Miis. I did the data transfer and my Miis were moved over but when i went to change my account on the WiiU i couldnt find my Mii.. I like the fact that i can transfer my Mii from the 3DS.. that works for me..

#33 bornsupercharged

bornsupercharged

Blooper

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:16 PM

Not sure if this was posted but to exit the Wii mode select "Wii U" channel from the Wii Menu.... that simple.. No need to powercycle the system. The gamepad isnt that bad to hold for an extended period of time. I never heard my kids complain of cramps after playing it all day long. I dislike on NSMBU that the tablet screen is always on... but i guess i can just play with a Wiimote to focus on the TV.

I agree on the slowness between menus that is kinda crap. Im sure they will release and update to smooth that out.
I also agree with what you said about having to recreate all the Miis. I did the data transfer and my Miis were moved over but when i went to change my account on the WiiU i couldnt find my Mii.. I like the fact that i can transfer my Mii from the 3DS.. that works for me..

Yeah someone else pointed me to the 2nd row, first channel for Wii U - my eyes deceived me I thought it said Wii so I never clicked it. That does work as intended and gets you back into Wii U mode.

As for it not being uncomfortable for your kids, I'm sure my adult hands are largers than your kid's hands. Transferring ours Miis from our 3DS's works but it doesn't put them on both the Wii U and the Wii mode, just Wii U. We had to recreate for Wii mode.
Posted Image

#34 Varg

Varg

Spiny

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • Fandom:
    FInal Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Zelda

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:34 PM

Seems you may have a problem with your wifi if the update patch times out for you at all. Speaking of wii games. Thread on gaf with ppl already claiming wii games get upscaled. Not natively of course but they do look a lot better.

#35 bornsupercharged

bornsupercharged

Blooper

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:59 PM

Seems you may have a problem with your wifi if the update patch times out for you at all. Speaking of wii games. Thread on gaf with ppl already claiming wii games get upscaled. Not natively of course but they do look a lot better.

It wasn't my wifi causing the issue, I'm sure it was the million(s) of other people trying to update at the same time.

Xenoblade was saying 1080P on my TV and it didn't use to when I played it on my Wii, so I can confirm it upscales :)
Posted Image

#36 reef7009

reef7009

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:32 PM

First launch console il be buying since the snes...feels like im walkin into a minefield with this...but..fortune favours the brave lol=-O

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!