Photo

Walmart has wii u deluxe in stock but wont sell them?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 xalic

xalic

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:57 AM

So I called a local walmart after seeing the website say they had the wii u in stock in the store. I aske to be transfered to the electronics department where the employee tell me yes they have the wii u deluxe in stock but are only selling the ones that were pre-ordered. I ask him about the non pre-ordered wiivu systems and he tells me that they will not be selling those until December 2nd with no other reasoning than thats when they are starting the sales. Has anyone else who is searching for a wii u come across this with walmart?

#2 Bkpiazza

Bkpiazza

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:00 PM

Possibly they are trying to make sure their preorders are fulfilled before selling to general?
Please feel free to add me -Wii U ID: BKPiazza

#3 xalic

xalic

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:09 PM

That might be true, but he didnt say anything about it which makes me feel that they just are not selling them til December 2nd. Im gonna call back when i get off work and ask to talk to a manager to see if I can get a more detailed answer to why the are not selling them. Im fine it is becsuse they want to make sure they fulfil the pre-orders, i would just like them to let people know that and not just "we wont be selling the wii u untill december 2nd. Because we decided to".

#4 SILV3RSCORPION

SILV3RSCORPION

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Fandom:
    Borderlands , Metroid Prime

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:31 PM

I would of thought they must know how many preorders they have & if they have enough to supply those orders ,everything after that amount should be up for sale?.
Posted Image
NNID - SILV3RSC0RPI0N

#5 xalic

xalic

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:39 PM

Thats what I think. Maybe hold a few to the side in case theres issues with some of the pre-ordered systems.

#6 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:34 PM

Possibly they are trying to make sure their preorders are fulfilled before selling to general?

this

#7 WarCraze

WarCraze

Goomba

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:35 PM

My walmart sold all consoles they had that weren't marked for preorder. They had 5 deluxe and 4 regular for sale. I waited in like for 5 hours to get the 3rd black one. There were people there waiting to see if those who had a place in line would have declined cards. Vultures man...

#8 xalic

xalic

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:21 PM

My walmart sold all consoles they had that weren't marked for preorder. They had 5 deluxe and 4 regular for sale. I waited in like for 5 hours to get the 3rd black one. There were people there waiting to see if those who had a place in line would have declined cards. Vultures man...

Lol

alright, after talking to a manager she clarified me that ALL the wii u's that I was told were in stock are for the pre-orders. Now that that's cleared up time to call 20 stores a day while I sit on the wait list for gamestop. /tear

#9 monday168168

monday168168

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:11 PM

Just call another walmart, pal. Me went through the samething with my first called walmart.
Then I try another one and they have tons units for sell.

#10 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:19 PM

Woahh, that's a bit unfair, don't you think?

#11 xalic

xalic

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:18 AM

Just call another walmart, pal. Me went through the samething with my first called walmart.
Then I try another one and they have tons units for sell.

I did, all the walmarts around me either dont have any or only have the one for the people that reserved them

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!