28 replies to this topic

#21 Inland

Inland

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:43 AM

edit, nevermind.

Edited by Inland, 27 November 2012 - 07:59 PM.

#22 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:52 AM

They are painfully casual, dead gone and done. :o
If this is news to you, you were only waiting for this moment to arise.

lulz well can you tell me some "hardcore" titles and why they are more hardcore than "casual" titles like ZombiU, COD and darksiders? You seem to be the expert so I'd like to know.

I'm not disputing that games like COD are not hardcore titles, but I'd like to know what makes a title "hardcore".

#23 Inland

Inland

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:02 AM

edit

Edited by Inland, 27 November 2012 - 08:08 PM.

#24 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:46 AM

im sure about one thing, its almost 100% certain that it will not have full support like a xbox o ps in multiplat terms, but atleast more than the wii will have im pretty sure about that, if we can have in the same console all first party and exclusives with some of the future good third party titles it would be nice

Edited by Stormage09, 25 November 2012 - 02:50 AM.

Posted Image

#25 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:11 AM

The Wii U has definitely churned up a lot of excitement among developers in comparison to others before it. I think the last console to create this much buzz before launch was the Xbox 360.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#26 SILV3RSCORPION

SILV3RSCORPION

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Fandom:
    Borderlands , Metroid Prime

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:03 AM

The whole are games hardcore is kinda stupid, games are either aimed at kids,families or adults. it's a gamer who could be referred to as "hardcore" or in laymen's terms someone who spends the majority of their free time gaming. Iv"e been gaming for the best part of 30 yrs, iv'e played all genres of games, from kids titles to adult titles and everything in-be-tween.

Now back on topic. 3rd party dev's will bring their titles to the Wii U if they can make money from it. I f they port them well is another matter :/
Posted Image
NNID - SILV3RSC0RPI0N

#27 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:56 AM

Also from what Im hearing it looks like Reggie is pushing for the Mature games to get put on Wii U.

Reggie can say it all he wants, but will it happen? Well, that's up to the consumers, the developers, and the publishers.

Edited by Heyheyharold, 25 November 2012 - 04:58 AM.

I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#28 Mushlikeahusky

Mushlikeahusky

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts
  • Fandom:
    Banjo Kazooie

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:25 AM

The Hardcore argument is jaded. Mario can be hardcore if you play it enough.
Posted Image

#29 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:31 AM

Disregarding this whole " what games are hardcore and what games are not" discussion. I think the Wii U is off to a great start with third party support. I mean sure, some ports were sloppily made ( or lacking content). But these are launch titles, they might have been rushed to get out for launch. But now that the Wii U is out, all versions of the game will be developed simultaneously, without rushing. By at least next year we'll be seeing versions of Madden and FIFA on par with the PS360 versions. But many developers are already on board with Wii U. Activision, Disney, Sega, Warner Brothers, EA, D3 Publisher ( I know they make shovelware, but think about another Adventure Time game on Wii U by WayForward), Capcom might be in too. Judging from the launch line up. Third party developers are going to make games that suit all audiences, from Just Dance to CoD Black Ops 2. I think the Wii U is going to get a tremendous amount of third party support ( give or take a few shovelware games first).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!