• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 RolledUp20s

RolledUp20s

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:14 AM

Hadn't thought about 1 of these, but I guess that screen needs to be protected when not in use..not getting a screen protector though..they're tacky. So, with my ipad I just put in a pouch which is zipped closed, when i want to use it there's no chunky case making it look cheap then. I have a thing about cases..don't really like them.
So for the gamepad I'm probably going to get a similar pouch, I've seen zavi selling one for £7.99.
If you could include photos of what your getting would be cool thanks.
Actually seen a cool looking case in a black ops 2 video...think it said Nerf on the side?
Anywho..what are your thoughts?

I'm on iPhone now and can't load any photos I've seen :s

http://m.zavvi.com/w...gy&affil=thggps

That's 1 I've seen

...this 1 look better, i'll get this i think
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ultra-Tough-Case-For-Nintendo-Wii-U-GamePad-In-Black-Shock-Absorbing-Memory-Foam-/390496106226?pt=UK_iPad_Tablet_Cases_Covers_Keyboard_Folios&hash=item5aeb61b6f2

Edited by RolledUp20s, 25 November 2012 - 05:33 AM.

#2 Jelloman

Jelloman

Spiny

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • NNID:dmanomic
  • Fandom:
    ZELDA mario metriod

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:07 AM

Im getting this http://www.amazon.co...sr=8-13&pi=SL75 and maybe a hard case of some sort.

1260993809_bouncing_jello_thumb.gif

#3 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:54 AM

Well, I wanted a Hori screen protector, but I'm gonna have to wait until it's released in December. And NO to the case.
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#4 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:59 AM

Hadn't thought about 1 of these, but I guess that screen needs to be protected when not in use..not getting a screen protector though..they're tacky. So, with my ipad I just put in a pouch which is zipped closed, when i want to use it there's no chunky case making it look cheap then. I have a thing about cases..don't really like them.
So for the gamepad I'm probably going to get a similar pouch, I've seen zavi selling one for £7.99.
If you could include photos of what your getting would be cool thanks.
Actually seen a cool looking case in a black ops 2 video...think it said Nerf on the side?
Anywho..what are your thoughts?
I'm on iPhone now and can't load any photos I've seen :s
http://m.zavvi.com/wii-u-accessories/nintendo-wii-u-hard-case-for-gamepad-sky-blue/10650468.html?utm_source=googleprod&utm_medium=gp&utm_campaign=gp_technology&affil=thggps
That's what I've seen
http://m.zavvi.com/wii-u-accessories/nintendo-wii-u-hard-case-for-gamepad-sky-blue/10650468.html?utm_source=googleprod&utm_medium=gp&utm_campaign=gp_technology&affil=thggps
That's what I've seen

That particular case is pretty tacky in my opinion. Personally I'll probably look for a neoprene cover that's made for the Gamepad. Infact I swear I've seen one for sale online somewhere but I can't remember where. As for screen protectors I've never used them on any of my touch screen devices and I'm not going to use one on the Gamepad. For the most part I'll be the only one using it so I'm not to bothered as I know I'll be very careful with it.

#5 RolledUp20s

RolledUp20s

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:20 AM

That particular case is pretty tacky in my opinion. Personally I'll probably look for a neoprene cover that's made for the Gamepad. Infact I swear I've seen one for sale online somewhere but I can't remember where. As for screen protectors I've never used them on any of my touch screen devices and I'm not going to use one on the Gamepad. For the most part I'll be the only one using it so I'm not to bothered as I know I'll be very careful with it.

ye, it doesn't look the best but it's cheap. its just to sit in the cupboard to keep the dust off. id rather a black 1 though. dont want a fixed case...like to keep them as they should be held..if ya know what i meen :)

#6 Nintendo

Nintendo

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:30 AM

Most of the cases I've seen don't look very nice, in my opinion. I guess I'll just be very careful with it.

#7 RolledUp20s

RolledUp20s

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:33 AM

Most of the cases I've seen don't look very nice, in my opinion. I guess I'll just be very careful with it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ultra-Tough-Case-For-Nintendo-Wii-U-GamePad-In-Black-Shock-Absorbing-Memory-Foam-/390496106226?pt=UK_iPad_Tablet_Cases_Covers_Keyboard_Folios&hash=item5aeb61b6f2

thats a cool 1 for keeping it in

#8 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:52 AM

I'm thinking about it.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#9 Nintendo

Nintendo

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:53 AM

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item5aeb61b6f2

Haha, wow. That's suprisingly cheap as well.

#10 RolledUp20s

RolledUp20s

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:06 AM

Haha, wow. That's suprisingly cheap as well.

Ye I've just bought 1. Like i say, just for keeping dust off in the cupboard..plus I have a 1yr old and a 3yr old..keeps their little mitts off it :)

Edited by RolledUp20s, 25 November 2012 - 06:06 AM.

#11 Nintendo

Nintendo

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:06 AM

Ye I've just bought 1. Like i say, just for keeping dust off in the cupboard..plus I have a 1yr old and a 3yr old..keeps their little mitts off it :)

Yeah, good idea. awh :)

#12 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:40 AM

I am going to get the Nerf armor because it adds grip and seems to protect it very nicely. Plus you can still charge it with it in the cradle if you have it! :P

Edited by Colinx, 25 November 2012 - 06:40 AM.

2lvmghw.png

#13 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:52 AM

I am going to get the Nerf armor because it adds grip and seems to protect it very nicely. Plus you can still charge it with it in the cradle if you have it! :P

Really? How about the stand that it comes with?

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#14 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:54 AM

Probably not. I'm usually OCD about the well-being of my controllers, so it doesn't really affect me.

I will however keep a lint free cloth near it at all times to wipe away the smudgities.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#15 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:55 AM

I'm happy using the stand, which displays it and keeps it somewhere. I'll have to wipe dust off the screen every once in awhile but oh well.

Edited by PotatoHog, 25 November 2012 - 06:56 AM.

#16 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:25 AM

Really? How about the stand that it comes with?

It works with the stand and charging cradle according to the videos I saw, they placed it in the cradle and it worked just fine.

2lvmghw.png

#17 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:40 AM

It works with the stand and charging cradle according to the videos I saw, they placed it in the cradle and it worked just fine.

Cool, if only the nerf case protected the front too. X(

sfOI1m6.jpg

#18 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:56 AM

Cool, if only the nerf case protected the front too. X(

Well it cant cover every inch of the front. Plus if it drops on the front the analog sticks would take the impact. Only if you drop it on something would it hit the screen.

2lvmghw.png

#19 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:15 AM

Well it cant cover every inch of the front. Plus if it drops on the front the analog sticks would take the impact. Only if you drop it on something would it hit the screen.

I guess... but it also does take away from the nice sleekness of the gamepad.

sfOI1m6.jpg

#20 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:17 AM

That ones better but its still cheap and tacky with those ridges.

Edited by Gamejunkie, 25 November 2012 - 09:18 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!