43 replies to this topic

#21 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:18 AM

what did ya say?

I said "When Nintendo win the console wars Micr$oft and $ony have my permission to die"

#22 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Kirby, DK

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:18 AM

Only 400,000? Seems underwhelming.
*preparing for flame comments*

Okay well, it's pretty good still but I expected more from the launch of a new Nintendo console.

Sold out generally means that its... sold out. So I find it difficult for Nintendo to sell want they don't currently have, which is stock.
If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?

Posted Image

#23 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:51 AM

Sold out generally means that its... sold out. So I find it difficult for Nintendo to sell want they don't currently have, which is stock.

They should have provided more Wii Us at launch. But I think I overread that it was sold out or something, because you're right, they can't sell more. I'm curious to see how the Wii U will perform in a month from now: will it still sell good? Or would it need a pricedrop?
No sig.

#24 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:27 AM

Supposedly the Wii U will have better supply. It'll be interesting to see what their 4 week sales are compared to the Wii which was severely constrained during launch.

#25 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:22 AM

I suspect Nintendo was being cautious with their initial launch supply. It also looks better if they supply less and sell out rather then flood the market and have Wii U's sitting on retail shelves.

#26 Etkar

Etkar

Blooper

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:37 AM

I said "When Nintendo win the console wars Micr$oft and $ony have my permission to die"

Oh, you think Nintendo is your ally? You've mereley adopted Nintendo. I was born in it! Molded by it. I didn't see Sony and Microsoft until I was already a man but by then it was nothing to me but BLINDING!

#27 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:41 AM

LOL. Some of you guys are funny.

A system sells out and you call it disappointing. Funny stuff.

The reason the Xbox sold more third week was due to 3 things. A price cut/Package deal. Halo 4. AND a massive amount of units already collecting dust.

Possibly one more thing...people know what an Xbox is. Can't say that about the Wii U at this point.

Err third=this

#28 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:55 AM

Yeah, I think everyone should relax and wait for the overall holiday sales to be shown, if Nintendo really stocks up retailers like they say they will, we can see more consoles move in the second.and third shipments than the first.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#29 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:24 PM

It's only going to grow from here (obviously). Good opening number. No doubt it'll once again be a console that can't be ignored in terms of software profit potential...just hope it walks a better line with shovelware this generation. Give me more games like ZombiU (perfect execution of the Gamepad use IMO) and I'll be more than happy.

#30 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:37 PM

I see why it was deleted.

#31 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:43 PM

I see why it was deleted.

Why lol it was just a joke, I didn't mean it, no company deserves to die the fallout is horrible and for the people that lose thier jobs it's obviously not fair to them at all, I wish Sony and Microsoft the best of luck for the future, espesially Sony with the place they are in at the moment, but it was just a joke.

#32 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:45 PM

Why lol it was just a joke, I didn't mean it, no company deserves to die the fallout is horrible and for the people that lose thier jobs it's obviously not fair to them at all, I wish Sony and Microsoft the best of luck for the future, espesially Sony with the place they are in at the moment, but it was just a joke.

Yes, I know. I guess they took it seriously.

#33 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:52 PM

Yes, I know. I guess they took it seriously.

The way gaming is at the moment we need all three, they are all important in thier own ways, but one is bound to drop out in the next 5 - 10 years and it will be devistating, but that is business, I know it sounds unlikely, but I REALLY, REALLY want to see Sega make another console, I can't help but think that is what Area 51 is for, they are hiding something :ph34r:

#34 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:55 PM

The way gaming is at the moment we need all three, they are all important in thier own ways, but one is bound to drop out in the next 5 - 10 years and it will be devistating, but that is business, I know it sounds unlikely, but I REALLY, REALLY want to see Sega make another console, I can't help but think that is what Area 51 is for, they are hiding something :ph34r:

Nope, Nintendo will own Sega in 5-10 years :laugh:

#35 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:03 PM

Nope, Nintendo will own Sega in 5-10 years :laugh:

Do you recon? you gotta admit, it would be cool to see what Sega could come out with now, I really like all thier past consoles, if they were to jump in again with modern day tech, wow, I personally think it would be awesome. Sonic was always best on thier console, I truly belive only Sega could make it amazing again.

#36 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:34 AM

Hoew does that compare to other consoles NA 1st week sales?

World wide PS3 did about 600k i believe. It's hard tip find exact numbers though.

They should have provided more Wii Us at launch. But I think I overread that it was sold out or something, because you're right, they can't sell more. I'm curious to see how the Wii U will perform in a month from now: will it still sell good? Or would it need a pricedrop?

Nintendo is doing a better job keeping a steady flow of Wii U's. They will do fine this holiday season. MS and Sony should be worried.

Edited by MorbidGod, 03 December 2012 - 06:24 AM.

Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#37 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:42 AM

I wonder how it went in EU...

#38 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:14 AM

Me too. I've been to a lot of stores the past few days, and I only saw a premium pack ONCE, so that one was pretty succesful. I saw about 5 Standard packs in 1 store though, so that one must sell less (even though I witnessed a chick pick one up along with NSMBU, damn I was jealous).
No sig.

#39 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:17 AM

400.000 in USA but 40.000 in the Uk.. and no more than 80.000 in the whole EU...hmmm

#40 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Kirby, DK

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:19 PM

400.000 in USA but 40.000 in the Uk.. and no more than 80.000 in the whole EU...hmmm

The financial crisis deeply affect us over here man.
If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!