Photo

Tally-ho, pip pip and Cheerio, it's the British Wii U Launch Thread.

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#21 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:53 AM

Yo ma peeps from Britainnn, how is ya all doin eh? LOL, I sold my Xbox 360 my PSP and all my games, I've pre ordered the ZombiU Bundle with Assassin's Creed 3, New Super Mario Bros U and Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed :D I went to a lock in last week at my local GAME and played the Wii U, whilst I was there I found out that we were having a midnight launch along side FarCry 3, even though I was told previously we wern't having one lol, 55 HOURS 7 MINS LEFT COME ON THURSDAY NIGHT :D

#22 Dan1984uk

Dan1984uk

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:19 AM

Yo ma peeps from Britainnn, how is ya all doin eh? LOL, I sold my Xbox 360 my PSP and all my games, I've pre ordered the ZombiU Bundle with Assassin's Creed 3, New Super Mario Bros U and Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed :D I went to a lock in last week at my local GAME and played the Wii U, whilst I was there I found out that we were having a midnight launch along side FarCry 3, even though I was told previously we wern't having one lol, 55 HOURS 7 MINS LEFT COME ON THURSDAY NIGHT :D

I did the same I traded in a load of PS3 games today plus game gave me an extra 33% on top that plus on midnight Thursday I'm trading my PS3 so my Wii U is practically paid for all ready :D.

#23 backudog

backudog

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • NNID:backudog

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:28 AM

MESSAGE BEGINS........What-ho chaps and ...erm..chapettes?..chapesses?.....anywho, pre-ordered my premium wii u and copy of zombie u from littlewoods catalogue on the 14th september, yeah i know, but mums got a catalogue and she'll get cashback etc so meh. order says its been processed and thats about it so far :( , but they've been pretty good in the past so will have to wait and see, order probably wont update until thursday i expect, but as ive waited this long so a few more days wont be a problem...........WHO AM I KIDDING?! I CANT WAIT! I NEEDS ME PRECIOUS!! I WANTS ME PRECIOUS NNOOOOOWWWW!!!!!......*cough*...Quickly Nurse! my pills!!.........THAT IS ALL.....MESSAGE ENDS.....

Edited by backudog, 27 November 2012 - 09:43 PM.

I hear voices in my head all the time, telling me what to do. But I just ignore them and carry on killing.

#24 Gavster

Gavster

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:36 AM

I live near Leeds and went to my local Game store (White Rose) to have a quick play with there demo unit. Must admit it was Fantastic. Found out whilst i was there that they are not having a midnight launch. They are going to open up at 7.00am instead

Just had 2 e-mails come through from ShopTo on my i-phone 2 minutes ago. My Assassins Creed 3 pre order is now being processed. Looks like everything will be with me for Friday. The anticipation is killing me now :D

Edited by Gavster, 27 November 2012 - 09:32 AM.

Posted Image

NNID - Gavster

#25 illogicology

illogicology

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:48 AM

I live near Leeds and went to my local Game store (White Rose) to have a quick play with there demo unit. Must admit it was Fantastic. Found out whilst i was there that they are not having a midnight launch. They are going to open up at 7.00am instead
Just had 2 e-mails come through from ShopTo on my i-phone 2 minutes ago. My Assassins Creed 3 pre order is now being processed. Looks like everything will be with me for Friday. The anticipation is killing me now :D

That's my local Game too! I live in Morley. They never have midnight launches because it would necessitate keeping the whole centre open.

#26 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:11 AM

The Irish launch is on Friday too, I'll be getting mine from gamestop.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#27 Gavster

Gavster

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:15 AM

That's my local Game too! I live in Morley. They never have midnight launches because it would necessitate keeping the whole centre open.

It's a small world illogicology. Maybe have to swap gamertags if your getting wiiu?

Well looks like my assassins creed 3 will be with me tomorrow, as ShopTo have now dispatched it lol. Will have to sit and stare at it untill Friday :wacko: .

Posted Image

NNID - Gavster

#28 illogicology

illogicology

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:57 AM

It's a small world illogicology. Maybe have to swap gamertags if your getting wiiu?

Yeah, with any luck Amazon will have mine to me on launch day. Doubt it'll be early. Only problem is that my budget won't stretch to many games, grabbing NSMBU and even that isn't likely to turn up on time.

#29 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:11 AM

Well looks like my assassins creed 3 will be with me tomorrow, as ShopTo have now dispatched it lol. Will have to sit and stare at it untill Friday :wacko: .

You never know. The console might arrive on Thursday as all preorder games do from Shop To. Mine is also preordered with them and its being processed along with New Super Mario Bros U as one order even though I ordered NSMB U separately. Here's hoping everything arrives on Thursday. That said even though ill have to fight my lack of will power ill probably wait until Saturday to set it up. I still need to disconnect and remove my Wii in order to make room for the Wii U.

#30 illogicology

illogicology

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:37 PM

I must admit, I'm crossing my fingers for a Thursday arrival. My order is with Amazon and hasn't dispatched yet but the rumour is Amazon starts dispatching tomorrow. If I'm lucky and it leaves early enough in the day, first class post could get it to me early. A whole extra day to set it up, get the update going etc. would be very welcome.

#31 Ringo_Scar

Ringo_Scar

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:43 PM

illogiology

i actually work for Amazon, i am about to go to my desk in the next few hours and i may be able to give you an update on when we will start shipping them. As of Sunday we only had Zombiu Sets in and no basics or deluxe. Hopefully it wont be a mess like Black Ops 2, A few thousand people got it a day late :/ but then again there was way more copies. I know somebody said at Amazon about not shipping until Wednesday night at the earliest to ensure they dont get delivered early.

#32 illogicology

illogicology

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:52 PM

illogiology

i actually work for Amazon, i am about to go to my desk in the next few hours and i may be able to give you an update on when we will start shipping them. As of Sunday we only had Zombiu Sets in and no basics or deluxe. Hopefully it wont be a mess like Black Ops 2, A few thousand people got it a day late :/ but then again there was way more copies. I know somebody said at Amazon about not shipping until Wednesday night at the earliest to ensure they dont get delivered early.

Any updates would be much appreciated. Going to such lengths to make sure they don't arrive early seems strange. I know Friday is release day and they don't want to upset Nintendo, but it doesn't seem to be much of a problem for ShopTo. I'm pretty sure they do it on purpose.

Not that I mind. I've had a lot of good experience with Amazon and so long as I get it on release day, I've nothing to complain about. I suppose they don't really need to worry about differentiating themselves from the competition, they are the competition.

#33 Etkar

Etkar

Blooper

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:26 PM

My precious Wii U ZombiU bundle just got shipped. It should arrive on Thursday. MWAHAHA! Suck it, Britain! Norway FTW!

#34 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:29 PM

I just done saw this.

I just gained 32 GB of space.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#35 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:35 PM

I just done saw this.
I just gained 32 GB of space.

That's pretty cool. My camera's SD card actually came with one of those adapters. I'll have to try it out.

#36 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:27 PM

Got a phone call from my local Game today saying i am guaranteed a Zombi U Premium, i also have NintendoLand & Super Mario U ordered from the same store, i also have COD BO2 from Zavii coming to.

My Game is opening at midnight so i will be going to pick it up then :D

#37 reef7009

reef7009

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:43 PM

I asked a nice chap at HMV today : "Sir , have you received shipment of the Wii U yet"? "Indeed we have Sir!....The ' U ' has landed" I was then told to present myself at the store on friday to collect :) Jolly Hockysticks!

#38 illogicology

illogicology

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:46 AM

Mercy, is it Wednesday already? Amazon UK dispatches should kick off tonight, by all accounts. Excitement.

#39 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:02 AM

Has anyone actually recieved their order already? I know people have gotten emails about it being on its way but these things are usually sent by a courier so i doubt anyone has got it early (especially from Asda since they probably stick to the rules and make sure it doesnt arrive early). I work in Tesco head office and there is a major shortage of Wii U deluxe consoles. Some people who have pre ordered wont get it until the 10th of December now so i think it depends on how early you pre ordered. Luckily i preordered mine ages ago and got an email saying mine was still due for delivery on friday :P

Oh and i just realised the games/pro controller i ordered from shopto.net has been shipped so looks like i might get that a day early :D

Edited by Hunter, 28 November 2012 - 02:05 AM.

#40 illogicology

illogicology

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:19 AM

I'm not worried about stock problems affecting me really. Not only did I get my pre-order through back in September, but I ordered the Ghetto White model too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!