• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 illogicology

illogicology

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:02 PM

Leaks just keep coming out of Canada today, first Wii Mini and now this.

Yoshi's Land was one of those games spotted when that guy stumbled into the MiiVerse admin menu. It could be that Futureshop's source is also that leak, but it's still pretty interesting.

#2 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:06 PM

Here is a source for this topic.

I would take this as a grain of salt.

#3 Etkar

Etkar

Blooper

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:15 PM

Yoshi's LAND? Not ISLAND?! :o

#4 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Metroid, mariokart

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:25 PM

So will this be a whole new game for the wiiu
Posted Image

#5 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:46 PM

More info. Future Shop has added some info for the game:

Join everyone's favourite dinosaur in his first big starring role on Nintendo Wii U - Yoshi's Land. Utilise the power of the Wii U Touchscreen GamePad to enjoy dual-screen fun in this epic adventure with stunning HD graphics and connectivity with the MiiVerse.

Take Yoshi on an epic adventure to remember in Yoshi Land for Nintendo Wii U. Check out Yoshi as you've never seen him before: in glorious high definition. Enjoy dual-screen control thanks to the Wii U Touchscreen GamePad, while you'll also be able to experience full integration with Nintendo's MiiVerse service.

(Source)

This description is something anyone can make up. All Wii U games have HD graphics, dual-screens, and most of the first party games will use Miiverse. An employee might've been required to include a description, and took something out of his/her butt.

Also, it seems that Best Buy has listed the game as well. You can find the listing here.

Edited by Blake, 27 November 2012 - 01:47 PM.

#6 illogicology

illogicology

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:52 PM

(Source)

This description is something anyone can make up. All Wii U games have HD graphics, dual-screens, and most of the first party games will use Miiverse. An employee might've been required to include a description, and took something out of his/her butt.

Also, it seems that Best Buy has listed the game as well. You can find the listing here.

Agreed, I'm not saying it's genuine, just linking for discussion purposes. However that description is worth considering. Yeah, anyone could have made it up with enough knowledge of the Wii U and Nintendo characters, but that's not necessarily the same person who types up product descriptions. They're usually supplied by the publisher and making up a product description for a product that's only rumoured to exist is not standard practice for a reputable online retailer. Still... I didn't think Amazon would open pre-order for products with fan made covers on the page and they do that all the time.

#7 coolsarahkry

coolsarahkry

Blooper

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Avatar:TLA, Glee

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:53 PM

Wow, this sounds really cool. Yoshi's island ds was fun, I want this game.

Edited by coolsarahkry, 27 November 2012 - 01:53 PM.

Posted Imageby cerberuz

#8 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:59 PM

(Source)

Exactly, the description tell us nothing about the game, besides that the location Yoshi would be in would be known as " Yoshi Land" ( why not the island?). But since Best Buy is listing this too, I'm going to guess that the employees that are putting this up are easily assured that the game exists due to the Miiverse leak. But there's always a chance of this being legit. Nintendo did say there were more launch window surprises, this could be one of them. But I'd take it with a grain of salt, remember a few months back when some GameStop stores had display boxes for Donkey Kong 3DS and Kirby 3DS? They turned out to be fake, but I'd say Yoshi's Land seems more likely. Just due to the fact that Nintendo themselves had that information in Miiverse.

#9 TylerV

TylerV

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:18 PM

Seems exciting. I'd definitely want this.

#10 Goom

Goom

The Happyman Thief

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • NNID:SpikedGoomba
  • Fandom:
    pingas

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:28 PM

I want Goomba Land T_T

Posted Image

I am the hero this forum needs, but not the one it deserves.

#11 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:44 PM

If it won't be legit, then why would a big store chain like Best Buy post it? Then again, retailers have been stupid enough sometimes.
No sig.

#12 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:50 PM

Well, at the very least feel free to give the idea hope.

Better than doom saiyan.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#13 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:12 PM

If it won't be legit, then why would a big store chain like Best Buy post it? Then again, retailers have been stupid enough sometimes.

Remember Donkey Kong 3DS

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#14 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:18 PM

I hope this is real. Would be a great surprise for us. And does anyone have the source for Nintendo saying their were more launch window surprises?
zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#15 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:10 PM

Hopefully this happens.

#16 SNES

SNES

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:48 AM

I hope this is real. Would be a great surprise for us. And does anyone have the source for Nintendo saying their were more launch window surprises?

"I think we will continue to surprise the fans with announcements and information," Fils-Aime said. "I would not go so far as to say you know everything in our launch window."

http://kotaku.com/59...oming-surprises

#17 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:59 AM

Interesting leak to say the least. I myself havem't played a Youshi game, but I'm sure I would on WiiU. Can't say how legit this is. Given this is one of the game's in the Miiverse leak and retailers are taking pre-orders, I think this might just be real.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#18 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:02 AM

"I think we will continue to surprise the fans with announcements and information," Fils-Aime said. "I would not go so far as to say you know everything in our launch window."
http://kotaku.com/59...oming-surprises

I was just going to bring that up. I don't think anything is out of the question with that statement
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#19 ZombiCarolyn

ZombiCarolyn

Boo

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:55 AM

Yoshi's LAND? Not ISLAND?! :o

shame on them!

#20 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members