Photo

G'day hows about wii throw another shrimp on the barbie?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jazzuri

jazzuri

Goomba

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:52 PM

Australia.
New to the forums. Picked up my Wii U yesterday.
Im an old timer whos first getup was on the vic 20.

Unfortunately for me Im a natural fault finder and if this things got some issues...well I'm likely to experience them!
Coincidence? probably not.

I do however like fixing most things myself so If I find a prob I'l post it here hopefully along with a way around it....

Why dont I start things off....1st issue of the bat Wii U DHCP problems. If u have them do the following....

Wii U Manual Set-Up (How to Manually Set Up an Internet Connection): http://www.nintendo....p&helpcatID=253

Once you have completed the Manual Set-Up of the Wii U's internet connection settings please place the IP Address you have created for the Wii console into your routers DMZ settings. For instructions on how to do this please refer to the routers product manual or contact your router manufacturer.

In addition please change your router's channel setting to 1 or 11. By default, most routers broadcast on channel 6, which overlaps with other channels and may be weaker. For help doing this, click here and select your router brand and model (if available). The information you need is found in the "Broadcast Channel" area:

Wireless Routers - Default Settings: http://www.nintendo....uters/index.jsp

If not I look forward to finding more.....(Squeaky thumbsticks on the gamepad are currently on my agenda :))

Edited by jazzuri, 30 November 2012 - 09:53 PM.

#2 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:28 PM

Hello and welcome to the forums :D

#3 Wolfy

Wolfy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Fandom:
    snep baks n sweg

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:11 AM

Australia.
New to the forums. Picked up my Wii U yesterday.
Im an old timer whos first getup was on the vic 20.

Unfortunately for me Im a natural fault finder and if this things got some issues...well I'm likely to experience them!
Coincidence? probably not.

I do however like fixing most things myself so If I find a prob I'l post it here hopefully along with a way around it....

Why dont I start things off....1st issue of the bat Wii U DHCP problems. If u have them do the following....

Wii U Manual Set-Up (How to Manually Set Up an Internet Connection): http://www.nintendo....p&helpcatID=253

Once you have completed the Manual Set-Up of the Wii U's internet connection settings please place the IP Address you have created for the Wii console into your routers DMZ settings. For instructions on how to do this please refer to the routers product manual or contact your router manufacturer.

In addition please change your router's channel setting to 1 or 11. By default, most routers broadcast on channel 6, which overlaps with other channels and may be weaker. For help doing this, click here and select your router brand and model (if available). The information you need is found in the "Broadcast Channel" area:

Wireless Routers - Default Settings: http://www.nintendo....uters/index.jsp

If not I look forward to finding more.....(Squeaky thumbsticks on the gamepad are currently on my agenda :))

Cheers mate, how's the missus? I had the problem with the internet last night on launch, I spent 3 hours fixing it, jeez. And I get what you mean with the squeaky thumbsticks, and they are a bit hard to control at first since the deadzone is sooooo weird. Also the other thing I don't like is that when you receive a message/notification or something from Miiverse you have to completely go into it to see what it is, and it's usually something stupid, I wish it also made a sound when you received something in the Miiverse. Other that that, AC3 is awesome, NL is alright, can be fun and I will be opening my copy of ZombiU when I invite someone over (should be fun)

#4 jazzuri

jazzuri

Goomba

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:28 AM

Hello and welcome to the forums :D

Thanks

Cheers mate, how's the missus? I had the problem with the internet last night on launch, I spent 3 hours fixing it, jeez. And I get what you mean with the squeaky thumbsticks, and they are a bit hard to control at first since the deadzone is sooooo weird. Also the other thing I don't like is that when you receive a message/notification or something from Miiverse you have to completely go into it to see what it is, and it's usually something stupid, I wish it also made a sound when you received something in the Miiverse. Other that that, AC3 is awesome, NL is alright, can be fun and I will be opening my copy of ZombiU when I invite someone over (should be fun)

Shes awesome, I think shes in playing nintendoland with the kids at the moment and havin a cracker!
Me on the other hand im in the garage watching clips on how to fix squeaky thumbsticks :)
Not sure what I like more gaming or resolving quirks.....?

The Miiverse thing is a pain in the butt but I'm no stranger to early adopter pains and I guess Nintendo are no different.

I think all the negativity after the american launch caused me to lower my expectations and as such Im pretty damn pleased with the console in its current form and after seeing how the 360 & ps3 grew over time this thing has the potential for brilliance...

Edited by jazzuri, 01 December 2012 - 12:30 AM.

#5 SILV3RSCORPION

SILV3RSCORPION

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Fandom:
    Borderlands , Metroid Prime

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:13 AM

Hello Jazzuri, Welcome to the forum.
Posted Image
NNID - SILV3RSC0RPI0N

#6 alan123