Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:57 AM

I timed it again, it's still IDENTICAL. 15 seconds to get into System Settings and 22 seconds to get back. There's absolutely no speed difference.
However, one thing that IS fixed, is when I turn my console on, it actually displays the games/apps I've downloaded onto the external HDD. Before, I'd have to go into System Settings and then back out, and it would magically be there.
I'm at least happy I no longer have to do that.

I never had this issue either.

How do you know there is an update? I turned my wii u this afternoon(alaska time) and did not know there was an update, but this evening I read this post, I had to go into system settings and click on system update. So I take this is not like the wii where updates were automatically updated even when turned off(wii connect 24).

When were wii updates ever downloaded automatically?
Most I ever got was a message saying there is one in the messenger.

Download manager has a constant download for system updates which is inactive when there's no update, and will download an update in the background so long as you're not in an online game, just like the 3ds.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#62 suzuki650

suzuki650

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:27 AM

Another phenomenally slow download. Nintendo need to sort this crap out.

#63 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:34 AM

I haven't updated yet, but I just hopped over to IGN and some people say it's faster while some people say it's not. Is it possible that people could experience significantly different load times within the start up menus and MiIverse.....I don't get it.
Currently playing: AC 3, ZombiU, BLOPS 2, Nintendoland, NSMBU, Nano Assault Neo, Halo 4, Darksiders 2, and Far Cry 3

Wii U ID------BeMore

#64 bornsupercharged

bornsupercharged

Blooper

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Forza, Gears of War

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:43 AM

I haven't updated yet, but I just hopped over to IGN and some people say it's faster while some people say it's not. Is it possible that people could experience significantly different load times within the start up menus and MiIverse.....I don't get it.

It's a placebo effect, you want to believe something is faster. But I timed it, going into System Settings and back out is identical, loading into the eShop and Miiverse are all identical. I dont know why people are claiming Miiverse is any faster, it's not.

I don't doubt that they fixed some bugs, tweaked some things, perhaps trojan'd some new functionality such as TVii into the Wii U without telling us, so that when they enable it it's instantly there - but that might just be wishful thinking.

Here's what Nintendo IS saying about 2.1.0:

Version 2.1.0 U
Released: December 4, 2012
Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wiiu/en_na/system_system_update.jsp
Posted Image

#65 Chloe

Chloe

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Fandom:
    Toadette, Kirby, Luma, Super Mario 64.

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:25 AM

I haven't got round to the installing the update yet, but did it make any difference?

✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶  ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
♥ NNID: Blushes

#66 Spinal

Spinal

Blooper

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:27 AM

I haven't got round to the installing the update yet, but did it make any difference?

I belive it fixed the "freezing" problem.
Posted Image

#67 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:29 AM

Not for me.

Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience.

Usually this means they blocks exploits.
Maybe what Marcan used to get the specs?
Doubt they'd work that fast though.
Don't make no sense.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#68 Chloe

Chloe

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Fandom:
    Toadette, Kirby, Luma, Super Mario 64.

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:34 AM

I belive it fixed the "freezing" problem.

Oh right,
Thankfully I haven't had any issues with my screen freezing, but I've noticed it can be incredibly slow.

✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶  ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
♥ NNID: Blushes

#69 Skywalkman-GB

Skywalkman-GB

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • Fandom:
    ZELDA! + FPS

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:55 AM

i actually had a freeze loading black ops after the update, hope this was a freek incident, as i had to pull the plug to restart (hard reset)

NINTENDO Wii U ID = Skywalkman-GB

Gaming - Wii U Black 32GB - Pro Controller + Wii Red - PC - i5 2400K GTX460 SSC - Studio Setup - Korg microstation - Korg microsampler - Korg microkorg XL - Xenyx 1002 mixer - Boss SL-20 slicer
Find my own tracks, gaming videos etc here http://www.youtube.c...ce?feature=mhee

Posted Image

#70 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Metroid, mariokart

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:07 AM

I timed it again, it's still IDENTICAL. 15 seconds to get into System Settings and 22 seconds to get back. There's absolutely no speed difference.
However, one thing that IS fixed, is when I turn my console on, it actually displays the games/apps I've downloaded onto the external HDD. Before, I'd have to go into System Settings and then back out, and it would magically be there.
I'm at least happy I no longer have to do that.

But still, getting into Miiverse or eShop still take the same amount of time, so there's no speed fixes in this patch. I also checked for TVii, it's still not available. With such a huge update, I'm curious what exactly actually got fixed, and what they put on the system that's new... I just can't fathom why a patch which fixed so little, would be so large. Unless the update is a whole freakin' OS image, which honestly might be the case. It's not a bandwidth efficient way to accomplish the task, but perhaps Nintendo had that many things wrong that patching just a few files wouldn't work and they figured they'd just update the whole enchilada.

I thought miiverse was a lot faster than it was before the menue screen is slow still but def noticed an improvement wit hmiiverse
Posted Image

#71 Flop

Flop

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:17 AM

I haven't noticed any differences since I installed it. Load times are still as slow, probably slower.

#72 bornsupercharged

bornsupercharged

Blooper

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Forza, Gears of War

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:27 AM

I haven't noticed any differences since I installed it. Load times are still as slow, probably slower.

Yep. :mellow: I was expecting the Nintendo Direct to address it, but nope they would rather spend 10min on game trailers, 10min on google maps, and the rest on the 3DS. Basically this wasn't Nintendo being Direct about anything.
Posted Image

#73 GoodGuy

GoodGuy

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:54 AM

Maan the downloads are really slow, this is 2012 it shouldn't take this long to download an update. On my Xbox it takes maximum 15 min to download an update this is pathetic

#74 susanmary428

susanmary428

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Fandom:
    Super Mario Bros., Legend of Zelda

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:08 AM

Maan the downloads are really slow, this is 2012 it shouldn't take this long to download an update. On my Xbox it takes maximum 15 min to download an update this is pathetic

I agree here, GoodGuy. Especially since updates on the Wii and the 3DS take a fraction of the time it takes on the U!
Playing Nintendo for 25 years...playing Nintendo for 50 more! @rainbow_spark

3DS Friend Code: 3394-4860-6744 / Nintendo Network ID: suzy_jose

#75 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:14 AM

Yep. :mellow: I was expecting the Nintendo Direct to address it, but nope they would rather spend 10min on game trailers, 10min on google maps, and the rest on the 3DS. Basically this wasn't Nintendo being Direct about anything.

Ha Ha, and there was another thing that they were not very direct about. Pikmin 3 has another release "window" of April-June in NA. Oh brother.
Currently playing: AC 3, ZombiU, BLOPS 2, Nintendoland, NSMBU, Nano Assault Neo, Halo 4, Darksiders 2, and Far Cry 3

Wii U ID------BeMore

#76 xMichiyo

xMichiyo

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo <3

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:54 AM

Ha Ha, and there was another thing that they were not very direct about. Pikmin 3 has another release "window" of April-June in NA. Oh brother.

I don't think anything got an actual release date. :P

#77 RolledUp20s

RolledUp20s

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:00 AM

The latest firmware update is now available for Nintendo's freshly-launched Wii U home console. While the infamous day one update (Version 2.0.0) activated Miiverse and the Wii U's online capabilities, the latest update (Version 2.1.0) offers improvements to overall system stability, as well as other minor adjustments to improve the Wii U experience.

That was from an article by the way

#78 susanmary428

susanmary428

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Fandom:
    Super Mario Bros., Legend of Zelda

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:09 AM

So just to update with my experience, this download took just about 30 minutes to complete, then another 10-15 to install. I work from home, so one of the perks, I guess, will be running over, getting it started, then coming back to my office. In the few minutes I had to play with it after completion, I do see slight improvements in load times to Miiverse. Anything that offers more stability is a plus, though I haven't experienced many issues in the first place.
Playing Nintendo for 25 years...playing Nintendo for 50 more! @rainbow_spark

3DS Friend Code: 3394-4860-6744 / Nintendo Network ID: suzy_jose

#79 reef7009

reef7009

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:11 AM

Ive had a freeze too since updating today. Oh dear Nintendo....dear oh dear.

#80 OneManTagTeam

OneManTagTeam

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:50 AM

Just got my Wii U today so downloading an update at the moment. Does anyone know if this will include today's update too or will that be a separate one after this one?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!