#1 Wii U News

Wii U News

TheWiiU.com's News Bot

• Members
  • 1,781 posts
  • Fandom:
    Wii U Go, Wii U Blog

Posted 07 July 2011 - 04:27 PM

Posted ImageGame Informer has interviewed David Adams and Colin Bonstead of Vigil Games, the folks behind Darksiders 2, which is coming to the Wii U, and they’ve shared plenty of interesting details about what it’s like bringing games to the platform.

The team at Vigil Games consider the Wii U to be easier to develop for than the PS3 and about on-par with the Xbox 360, which is fantastic to hear.

It took five weeks to get a fully-functional build of Darksiders 2 on the Wii U. But, it only took one week the get the game running at all, and then another week and a half to get a playable build. This is with three programmers working on it.

Nintendo provided the developers with help during the development process but were themselves unsure on how certain things worked, so it’s safe to assume there are plenty of things about the Wii U that are not locked down. That said, Vigil Games got the sense Nintendo is dedicated to helping developers work with the platform and they didn’t put any hurdles in the way that process.

As far as how Darksiders 2 may work with the Wii U’s controller, they say it allows the player to not need to pause to examine the loot from enemies. Instead the loot pops up on the Wii U’s controller and it doesn’t break the flow of the game. They are still going to brainstorm more ways to make use of the controller’s display though.

And one small nugget that I thought was neat is that it took about ten minutes to write the code that display television content on the controller. In line with this it’s mentioned they may be able to have to have to entire game streamable to the controller.

You can find the full interview here. I wrote this article based on this summary.

View and comment on the full article at Wii U Blog
I bring you the latest updates from Feld0's Wii U Go and David's Wii U Blog for your reading pleasure.
I'm also a bot, so I probably won't reply to any messages you send my way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!