Photo

Wii U SKINS! FINALLY! Found a online deal for today only!

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 aMaG1CaLmAnG1Na

aMaG1CaLmAnG1Na

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:37 AM

So I have been in contact with a bunch of skin places since the Wii U release hoping to get some during all the holiday deals. Most wouldn't give me a release date, but www.DecalGirl.com did and today they are up on their site! Best thing is they have a deal that ends today that is Buy Two Get One Free!

Anyway I ordered

Bullseye

Posted Image

Retro Horizontal

NO IMAGE BUT SUPPOSED TO LOOK LIKE NINTENDO 8-Bit

Orange Crush
Posted Image

Anyways thought I would pass on the info!

Edited by aMaG1CaLmAnG1Na, 07 December 2012 - 08:37 AM.

CURRENTLY PLAYING: ZombiU, Black Ops 2, Super Mario Bros U, Sonic Transformed

#2 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:20 AM

That's cool, i want one.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#3 hubang

hubang

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:38 AM

Thanks for the heads up; some interesting designs on that site. Would you be willing to give us some feedback once you've gotten yours and put them on?

Someone would make a killing if they made a matte black one.
Nintendo Network ID: hubang

#4 aMaG1CaLmAnG1Na

aMaG1CaLmAnG1Na

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:04 AM

Thanks for the heads up; some interesting designs on that site. Would you be willing to give us some feedback once you've gotten yours and put them on?

Someone would make a killing if they made a matte black one.

Sure ill post some pics and a review. I have ordered their skins before for other devices and they were top notch. Also I believe it did see a plain black one and all of the skins are available as either a matte or gloss finish...... so there you go.

#5 hubang

hubang

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:09 AM

Sure ill post some pics and a review. I have ordered their skins before for other devices and they were top notch. Also I believe it did see a plain black one and all of the skins are available as either a matte or gloss finish...... so there you go.

Good lookin out! I whizzed by it the first time apparently lol.
Nintendo Network ID: hubang

#6 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:18 AM

Cool skins, but I the vast majority are pretty generic. I'd like some branded skins that cater more to gamers...like Zelda, Mario, Metroid etc etc
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#7 aMaG1CaLmAnG1Na

aMaG1CaLmAnG1Na

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:21 AM

Cool skins, but I the vast majority are pretty generic. I'd like some branded skins that cater more to gamers...like Zelda, Mario, Metroid etc etc

I think the issue with that is the licensing, so it probably wont happen. It looked like they will do custom skins if you submit graphics that you have permission to reproduce.....So maybe something with fan art would be ok

#8 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:52 AM

I think the issue with that is the licensing, so it probably wont happen. It looked like they will do custom skins if you submit graphics that you have permission to reproduce.....So maybe something with fan art would be ok

Odd since they have a bunch of AC3 skins o.O
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#9 Kermit

Kermit

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:07 PM

For anyone interested in buying some of these, use 'DECAL10' as a coupon code at the checkout and you'll get 10% off!

I think I'll treat my console to one some time soon :)

Wii U - WaxiesDargle / 3DS - 4897-5995-1582

Posted Image

#10 aMaG1CaLmAnG1Na

aMaG1CaLmAnG1Na

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:29 PM

Odd since they have a bunch of AC3 skins o.O

I have a feeling Activision may be more willing to license their material than nintendo but who knows

#11 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:21 PM

http://www.decalgirl...ndo-Wii-U-Skins

Better link. Many different skins.

My Favorites
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Soul, 07 December 2012 - 04:21 PM.

#12 bornsupercharged

bornsupercharged

Blooper

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Forza, Gears of War

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:26 PM

There's problems with adhesives, residue, alignment, durability, etc. Most of the time these end up going straight into the trash can after messing around with a few minutes and realizing it's never going to get applied perfectly. And then, depending on the quality of adhesive, within a few hours to a few days you realize it will never stay on. And when you go to remove it, sometimes you've left with a sticky residue surprise. Unfortunately unless it's done with hydrographics (which since its just a decal, it's not) or precision painting of an actual console/gamepad, I wouldn't recommend buying. Think special edition 360 controllers, the official ones, they're high quality and it's not just some decal. This just screams cheap and a waste of money.

Edit: But I haven't purchased from them before so I can't judge them. This is from their site:

DecalGirl skins are made of premium automotive-grade cast vinyl with a special adhesive backing to prevent air bubbles during installation and leave no residue when removed. Our skins are strong but super thin, measuring about 5 mil total - or five thousandths (0.005) of an inch - that's thin! It also means they'll work with just about any kind of dock, charger or case on the market.

http://support.decalgirl.com/customer/portal/articles/529937

I do wish the best of luck to anyone who pays $20 for this, but I still wouldn't recommend it unless you have money to burn and don't mind ending up putting the decal in the trash if the aforementioned issues arise.

Edited by bornsupercharged, 07 December 2012 - 10:31 PM.

Posted Image

#13 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:46 PM

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, they are really nice. I want one, GIMME!

#14 chamot07

chamot07

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Fandom:
    Madden, FIFA

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:43 PM

this is impressive, great find! :)

#15 linners84

linners84

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:30 AM

Look nice, but I'm always too nervous to put a sticker on electronics!

NNID - linners84     

3DS Friend Code - 5129 0547 8683

#16 reef7009

reef7009

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:05 AM

Not so much a skin as such...but if anyones interested HMV in uk are selling a silicone case for the gamepad. Its in black or white and its pretty cool. The only thing i dont like is when its on it wont sit in charging dock properly to charge , but i just connect the cable at the top instead and it does still sit on the dock though. Its made the pad feel much more sturdy and looks great. No more fingerprints either :) They also sell a screen protector.

#17 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:27 AM

these are stickers? Is it good? It may damage the plastic surface with the glow or something...(?)

#18 aMaG1CaLmAnG1Na

aMaG1CaLmAnG1Na

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:44 AM

Alright guys got all 3 of mine in the mail yesterday and installed one! The quality is superb (just like all of the ones I have ordered for other devices in the past). The fitment is perfect, all of the cutouts are accounted for and in the right places, Installation was really straightforward. I couldn't be more happy with them! I'll post a few pictures this weekend when I get the skin on my other Wii U as well.

There's problems with adhesives, residue, alignment, durability, etc. Most of the time these end up going straight into the trash can after messing around with a few minutes and realizing it's never going to get applied perfectly. And then, depending on the quality of adhesive, within a few hours to a few days you realize it will never stay on. And when you go to remove it, sometimes you've left with a sticky residue surprise. Unfortunately unless it's done with hydrographics (which since its just a decal, it's not) or precision painting of an actual console/gamepad, I wouldn't recommend buying. Think special edition 360 controllers, the official ones, they're high quality and it's not just some decal. This just screams cheap and a waste of money.

Edit: But I haven't purchased from them before so I can't judge them. This is from their site:

http://support.decal...articles/529937

I do wish the best of luck to anyone who pays $20 for this, but I still wouldn't recommend it unless you have money to burn and don't mind ending up putting the decal in the trash if the aforementioned issues arise. The adhesives they use leave absolutely no trace behind when they are removed (I had one on an iPad that sat in the sun on several occasions and actually overheated it was so hot....... when the skin was removed a year later there was no residue, no signs of anything). So I wouldn't hesitate to buy from either of those sites.

Not sure what low quality skins you have been buying but I have bought 20+ skins for everything from laptops to phones and consoles from both decalgirl.com and skinit.com and they have always been the best quality skins I have seen.

Edited by aMaG1CaLmAnG1Na, 13 December 2012 - 07:46 AM.

#19 GOOBER

GOOBER

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:25 AM

THE WOOD ONE IS DIFFERENT

THE RETRO ONE IS NEAT TOO......

Posted Image

#20 GabCM

GabCM

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:39 AM

Woah, DecalGirl is pretty fast in releasing new skins.

By the way, if you people want to customize your own Wii U skin, you can wait until http://www.uniqueskins.com releases their Wii U skins. This site is pretty good when it comes to importing, resizing, rotating and arranging any picture, even in layers. The skins themselves are also pretty nice. They've released one for the Wii, 3DS and even 3DS XL, so I don't see why they wouldn't make one for the Wii U.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!