• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 RolledUp20s

RolledUp20s

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:49 AM

I'm looking to pick up a few wii remotes..but paying £40 each is just silly. Looking on eBay there's someone selling them for £14, it doesnt have a wii logo so I assume its a 3rd party remote.

Is there any difference between the 3rd party and official remote plus?

Edited by RolledUp20s, 08 December 2012 - 01:49 AM.

#2 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:55 AM

Personally I wouldn't buy off brand or third party accessories especially when it comes to controllers. They are typically never licenced and usually reverse engineered. Even if they are licenced they won't be of the same quality as the official ones. I've ordered the following official black Wii remote plus from Shop To. It's comes bundled with a Wii game called Fling Smash which isn't that great but its the cheapest option I've found for getting an official remote at just under £30. Multiplayer isn't a big thing with me even local so I don't need multiple controllers.

http://www.shopto.ne...plus-controller

Edited by Gamejunkie, 08 December 2012 - 01:56 AM.

#3 RolledUp20s

RolledUp20s

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:00 AM

Personally I wouldn't buy off brand or third party accessories especially when it comes to controllers. They are typically never licenced and usually reverse engineered. Even if they are licenced they won't be of the same quality as the official ones. I've ordered the following official black Wii remote plus from Shop To. It's comes bundled with a Wii game called Fling Smash which isn't that great but its the cheapest option I've found for getting an official remote at just under £30. Multiplayer isn't a big thing with me even local so I don't need multiple controllers.

http://www.shopto.net/wii/WIIFL01-flingsmash-includes-black-wii-remote-plus-controller

Thanks, ill check that out. I have £8 in points for shopto aswel.
With Xmas coming I was thinking more family will be over and I was going to get sonic racing and Nintendo land aswel. I suppose 2 wii motes would be ok for now..at least the gamepad can be used as a 3rd. They are expensive though.
..but ye, I'm a sucker for official logos myself lol

#4 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:08 AM

I've been using 3rd party motion plus for years now. Never had a problem with the 3 I have. And they are real cheap ones. Im talking like $6 aus including delivery lol

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#5 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:39 AM

I've been using 3rd party motion plus for years now. Never had a problem with the 3 I have. And they are real cheap ones. Im talking like $6 aus including delivery lol

Then you've been lucky. I still don't advocate them but each to his/her own. I've bought third part controllers before all be it wired ones for older systems and they didn't last long. Today's controllers mainly being wireless are more prone to having issues.

#6 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:50 AM

Have you consider buying them used? Used remotes are dirt cheap on Amazon

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#7 RolledUp20s

RolledUp20s

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:17 AM

Does the official remote plus require the sensor bar?

#8 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:47 AM

Does the official remote plus require the sensor bar?

All Wii remotes require the sensor bar for pointing functionality regardless if their official or not and whether they're the old ones or the newer plus ones.

#9 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:35 AM

Ive had 3rd party remotes pretty much since motion plus came out and never had a problem with them.

Also I got 3 off eBay for a total of £32ish

Edited by Hunter, 08 December 2012 - 10:37 AM.

#10 Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:10 PM

I have the Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver remote (not motion plus, sadly) and I was concerned when I ordered it that the motion sensors might not work as well. I haven't been able to notice any difference so far.

I have to admit though, if you are using it for multiplayer then it seems fairer to have all official controllers. That way nobody can claim they are losing because their controller is more laggy, less sensitive, than the official ones.

I even remember a case on the Dreamcast where Sonic would run faster on certain unofficial controllers because of how the analog was calibrated differently. So it certainly can introduce issues when they are not following official specifications.

Sheffield 3DS | Steam & XBOX: Alex Atkin UK | PSN & WiiU: AlexAtkinUK

How to improve the Wii U download speed.

#11 Spinal

Spinal

Blooper

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:19 AM

I picked up one of madcatz packs with controller/nunchuck in one (I belive it was something like 19.99USD) and i haven't had any problems with them.
Posted Image

#12 bornsupercharged

bornsupercharged

Blooper

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Forza, Gears of War

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:20 PM

I would highly recommend getting an official one... my Power A doesn't register at all, period, with my Wii U. Worked fine on the Wii. Dunno why.
Posted Image

#13 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:56 PM

I order 2 no name brand motion plus from ebay and they work great.
Just put in some real batteries and all is good. I fully tested them.
The vibe and sound on them is weak but they get the job done.

Mines was $17 ship wiimote and nunchuck combo. Any color.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#14 TigerKraw

TigerKraw

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Fandom:
    COD,Halo,Farcry,Nintendo

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:58 AM

I've also been looking a original and 3rd party Wiimotes, the originals retail for around $59 Australian dollars here.

Times that by 4 wiimotes you are starting to look at a lot of money.

Secondhand may be the way to go, but not guaranteed that the 2nd hand ones may just be 3rd party anyway.
In most cases here it would be cheaper to buy a complete a secondhand Wii system with games and Wiimotes, compared to buying 2 or 3 wiimotes from our local stores.

So if most people have no problems with 3rd party Wiimotes, I might just purchase one online, try it out, if good purchase more, if not pay extra for genuine Nintendo Controllers.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!