Photo

Mii's on the WiiU (Need answers before x-mas PLEASE!)

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Madmax2012

Madmax2012

Goomba

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:41 PM

Hey guys.

I'm new here so bear with me.

So I bought a WiiU for the kids for Christmas and I'm trying to figure it all out so they can play right away. I already did the update. Yesterday, I transfered everything from the Wii to the WiiU (btw......the instructions for that were not as straight-forward as they made it seem).

My question is......how do I get my kids' Mii's to show up ANYWHERE on the WiiU? I also wanted to use their Mii's as user profiles so they can password protect them........hopefully cutting down on fights over who deleted who's save info. Can this be done?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 Sage

Sage

Chronicler

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • NNID:ViralLight
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda, Splatushi

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:45 PM

The Miis have to be tied to an account to show up. When you are making a new account there should be an option to import a Mii to be your account Mii. When you make a new account choose Create/Receive unfortunately this can only be done with a 3DS (Wii and Wii U have no way to communicate). Wii>3DS>WiiU is the only way to do this.

Edited by Viral Light, 13 December 2012 - 01:55 PM.

#3 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:46 PM

Hey guys.

I'm new here so bear with me.

So I bought a WiiU for the kids for Christmas and I'm trying to figure it all out so they can play right away. I already did the update. Yesterday, I transfered everything from the Wii to the WiiU (btw......the instructions for that were not as straight-forward as they made it seem).

My question is......how do I get my kids' Mii's to show up ANYWHERE on the WiiU? I also wanted to use their Mii's as user profiles so they can password protect them........hopefully cutting down on fights over who deleted who's save info. Can this be done?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

From what I understand, the Miis you transfer from the Wii can only be used for regular Wii software, and show up only in the Mii Chanel on the Wii menu. For Wii U software, you have to make new Miis on the Wii U's Mii Chanel. There might be a way to take Miis from the Wii menu's Mii Chanel to the Wii U's Mii chanel, but I haven't found one yet.
Posted Image

#4 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:36 PM

you cannot transfer Mii's from the Wii to the Wii U, they are only transferred for the Wii games you move over to the Wii U, if you still have a Wii it would be better if you just use the Wii, i myself do not see the point in transferring stuff over, but this is just me,

the best thing for you to do is create the master Mii account in your name & you have access to all the settings & passwords then set up other additional accounts for your children, it is just like setting up accounts on a windows pc, you have a administer account & then have other people use user accounts.

#5 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:57 PM

I transferred all of my Wii Miis to my Wii U Mii plaza.
It is doable, I think it's an option on the Wii U Mii plaza main screen.
Again, ignore anyone who says it's impossible, because I have all of my Wii-created Miis on my Wii U plaza.

#6 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:15 PM

Here's how you copy every single Mii from the Wii you copied over to your Wii U onto the Wii U's Mii Maker application:
1. Load Mii Maker
2. Select Send/Receive Mii
3. Select Copy from Wii Menu
4. Check for Mii's
5. Copy (Will overwrite them if you did it before)
6. Done

Once they're copied you can mark them as favourites to have them show up on the sidelines of your games, or allow them to be selectable like in Nintendoland.
You can also use those Mii's to make accounts for your kids, and password them as you like, parental controls etc.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#7 Buoysel

Buoysel

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo in General

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:44 PM

I transferred all of my Wii Miis to my Wii U Mii plaza.
It is doable, I think it's an option on the Wii U Mii plaza main screen.
Again, ignore anyone who says it's impossible, because I have all of my Wii-created Miis on my Wii U plaza.

This. I was able to bring every single Mii I had on my Wii into the Wii U Mii Plaza with no problems at all.

#8 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:12 AM

I transferred my miis and they all show up on my wii u.... To the original poster: make your children's miis a "favorite". Then they will show up as playable in Nintendo land and other games. They will also show up in the background of some games, which is always fun. So basically, do what Nollog stated above.

Edited by Fig, 14 December 2012 - 04:17 AM.

#9 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:11 AM

Looks like your question has mostly been answered. One more thing, though. If you want to be able to use the Miis in a game (such as Nintendo Land), you'll need to make sure that they are all "favorited". You'll just need to go into the Miis' settings and make sure they're favorited.

As for making accounts, if you already have one account, I think you need to click the blue button with a Mii in it at the upper-left corner of the home screen. Once there, it should be apparent how to create a new account. If you haven't set up an account yet, click in the Nintendo Network icon on the home screen.

BTW, don't sue me if my information isn't correct. I'm just going off of memory here. :P I'll go check to see if I'm correct.

I'm not 100% sure about the need to favorite your Miis to use them in games, but that's what worked for me. :D

Edited by MatrixChicken, 14 December 2012 - 11:15 AM.

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#10 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:02 PM

I think u all confused the guy.. he didnt asked how to transfer them.. but how and if its possible, every children he got, to use their personal miis as a seperate multi accnts in the wii U.

Answer : I am not an owner yet, but from what Ive read, you can only have 1 acc per wii U... so if you have 2 or 3 kids, they cant have seperate accounts in 1 console.. You have to buy 2-3 consoles.. hehehe

except if wii U can have 1 master acc and many sub accounts... I dont know...

Edited by Orion, 14 December 2012 - 12:07 PM.

#11 Buoysel

Buoysel

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo in General

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:50 PM

Answer : I am not an owner yet, but from what Ive read, you can only have 1 acc per wii U... so if you have 2 or 3 kids, they cant have seperate accounts in 1 console.. You have to buy 2-3 consoles.. hehehe

Seems like you've been reading from an unreliable source. The Wii U can store multiple accounts at one time, each with it's own save data for games that can be deleted individually. Mine has 5. Mii's, by default, are required to be used as an avatar for each account. If you want them to show up in games like Nintendoland, then you need to favorite the Miis you want to show up. Miis used as avatars will automatically be favorited.

I think the "master account" is whichever account sets the parental controls. Despite being the original owner of my Wii U, I get no special privileges the other users can't do.

Edited by Buoysel, 14 December 2012 - 09:04 PM.

#12 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:25 PM

I think this is the definition of true trolling, someone detach a very small part of a text and he manipulates, changes the whole meaning... My source is not unreliable, I said " I think" and in the second sentense I type

" except if wii U can have 1 master acc and many sub accounts... I dont know... " that means, my info is not from any source, and I typed that, because wii U owners can answer that!!! :) (dont blame me for that, I tryed to bring the guys answer, into the right path)...

All the prev answers were about mii's and wii... but the guy asked, how to link each indevidual mii with a sub account.

Edited by Orion, 14 December 2012 - 11:27 PM.

#13 Buoysel

Buoysel

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo in General

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:45 AM

It's like you didn't even read my post. In the first sentence I countered your statement, and in the second (or third, concerning avatars) I provided the information the OP requested. Lastly, I offered information about "master accounts," which you brought up. Granted, I forgot to put paragraph breaks during the edit, but since when did offering assistance equate to trolling? Even if I may have misunderstood both what you and the OP were saying initially?

Furthermore, the OP wanted genuine answers from Wii U owners, or people who have experienced the Wii U enough to at least know what they're talking about. If you didn't know, why bother replying in the first place? In that case, the one who would be held accountable for misleading the OP (or "trolling") would be you.

Edited by Buoysel, 15 December 2012 - 06:13 AM.

#14 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:18 PM

Furthermore, the OP wanted genuine answers from Wii U owners, or people who have experienced the Wii U enough to at least know what they're talking about. If you didn't know, why bother replying in the first place? In that case, the one who would be held accountable for misleading the OP (or "trolling") would be you.

Oh how dare u... lol I just pointed a mistake I noticed in the users answers... :P

Edited by Orion, 15 December 2012 - 01:20 PM.

#15 Ambidextrous

Ambidextrous

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:07 PM

To be fair Orion I can see why your post agitated buoysel you did sort of insinuate he was 'trolling' , as I read your post I was also thinking where the heck did you get that info from as its wholly innaccurate anyways I'm not picking on you I just don't think your reaction was fair on buoysel as you did say 'from what I read' hence its understandable he would take that as you referring to a source. Obviously its all misunderstandings of what was wrote/read :)

#16 Madmax2012

Madmax2012

Goomba

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:12 PM

Thanks for ur help everybody. Getting ready to post a new question now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!