Photo

Two players - New Super Mario Bros. U (help)

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Crimson_Engage

Crimson_Engage

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:30 AM

Hello all, new here so sorry if this has been asked but I have been trying to figure out how to play two players on NSMBU.

I have the gamepad and one Wiimote but can't for the life of me figure out how to have two players running on screen at once. It's always just Mario and the person with the pad lays down blocks.

Is there no way to play with a Wiimote AND with the gamepad to play?

#2 Insanity_Boi

Insanity_Boi

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda Mario Metroid Mario Kart

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:55 AM

Sadly no. Multiolayer can only be done with every player using wiimotes

#3 9646gt

9646gt

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:59 AM

Sadly no. Multiolayer can only be done with every player using wiimotes

Sorry but that statement is confusing. Do you mean if you start the game with ONLY two wii remotes that both players can s be on screen at once? I how does one do this

#4 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:29 AM

Sorry but that statement is confusing. Do you mean if you start the game with ONLY two wii remotes that both players can s be on screen at once? I how does one do this

Although I haven't tried it I believe it works just like the NSMB game on the Wii. It's multiplayer with up to four players on the screen each using a Wii remote. The only difference is if you have a fifth player he/she can use the Gamepad not to actually play the game but to create blocks to help or hinder the other four player. In other words if everyone wants to actually play the game they have to use Wii remotes. The Gamepad only works for this in single player.

#5 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:02 AM

Single play with just the gamepad.

Multi player with up to 4 wiimotes.
Speed Mode is 4 wiimotes for players and 1 with gamepad to add boxes.
No way around this, this is just how they made the game.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#6 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:23 AM

You can only use the GamePad to control a character in single player mode. When you try to use the GamePad in multiplayer, it automatically goes to boost mode.

#7 Crimson_Engage

Crimson_Engage

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:51 PM

They should really patch this. I don't understand the reasoning for NOT letting people use the pad to play MP also.

#8 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:52 AM

They should really patch this. I don't understand the reasoning for NOT letting people use the pad to play MP also.

At the end of the day that's not going to happen as this is the way Nintendo intended the game to be played.

#9 9646gt

9646gt

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:03 AM

You can only use the GamePad to control a character in single player mode. When you try to use the GamePad in multiplayer, it automatically goes to boost mode.

Finally plain English lol thank you. Good thing I have two wii remotes!

#10 Crimson_Engage

Crimson_Engage

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:25 AM

At the end of the day that's not going to happen as this is the way Nintendo intended the game to be played.

Although I understand what you are saying, that doesn't change the fact that it was a dumb decision.

#11 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:59 PM

Although I understand what you are saying, that doesn't change the fact that it was a dumb decision.

I agree. I just came on here to see if I could find an answer about this. Unbelievable that you just can't turn boost mode off with the gamepad and use it as a regular controller for multiplayer.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!