#21 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:40 AM

No. People just expect things to load up in a reasonable amount of time which they have every right to expect and get. If the PS3 and Xbox 360 can load apps and other UI related stuff quickly so should the Wii U. At the moment is a joke to put it mildly and Nintendo do need to do something about it. Hopefully this new update will fix the problem.

If they can't wait 10 seconds for an app to load, they need to be less impatient and stop whining.

Posted Image

#22 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:03 AM

YAY, I err suppose, I personally have had no problems really, in some instances my Wii U is faster than my 360, really don't understand what people are complaining about.

Like I said in another thread you either have no idea how much slower it is then the other consoles or you're easily satisfied. Not to mention considering you only seem to have praise for the console and Nintendo which is sill because nothing is perfect. Anyways so you're happy with it but a lot of others are not.

#23 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:10 AM

Like I said in another thread you either have no idea how much slower it is then the other consoles or you're easily satisfied. Not to mention considering you only seem to have praise for the console and Nintendo which is sill because nothing is perfect. Anyways so you're happy with it but a lot of others are not.

I own a Wii U, PS3 and 360. People are whining WAY too much about the load times.

Posted Image

#24 hubang

hubang

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:30 AM

Obligatory "why, in my day..." post.

Everyone has it so easy now; I had a Neo Geo CD back in the day. Here were the load times for King of Fighters '99:

Loading Initial Start Menu - 21 seconds
Character Select Load Time - 9 seconds
Team Play Round 1 Load Time - 53 seconds
Team Play Round 2 Load Time - 20 seconds
Team Play Round 3 Load Time - 28 seconds
Single Play Fight Load Time - 48 seconds
Single Play Round 3 Load Time - 14 seconds
Comment After Fight Load Time - 22 seconds

I'm really glad they're optimizing the Wii U load times but take some solace in that you probably never had to wait like I did!
Nintendo Network ID: hubang

#25 Insanity_Boi

Insanity_Boi

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda Mario Metroid Mario Kart

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:40 AM

Patience is a virtue

#26 bornsupercharged

bornsupercharged

Blooper

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Forza, Gears of War

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:06 AM

Patience is a virtue

There is NO reason for the long load times, period. This is something that they should have had optimized before the console was even shipped out. Our phones, tablets, computers, even last generation 360/PS3 are pretty much instant when it comes to menus. Why does getting into (and out of) System Settings on my Wii U take SO DANG LONG? It sure as hell isn't to teach us "patience is a virtue".

Ok how about this, on your cell phone go to call someone. Wait 15 seconds for the dialer/phone book to appear. Now click on a contact to call them. Wait another 15 seconds for it start ringing.
Once you're done talking to them, wait 15 seconds for it to go back to your home screen. Is that acceptable to you?
Posted Image

#27 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:11 AM

If they can't wait 10 seconds for an app to load, they need to be less impatient and stop whining.

Absolute rubbish. If you're happy with it then good for you. That doesn't mean other people should accept it when its totally unneccessary and unacceptable.

I own a Wii U, PS3 and 360. People are whining WAY too much about the load times.

No they're not. I think your the one who needs to stop whining and complaining. If you think its ok then good for you but others don't.

#28 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:19 AM

Absolute rubbish. If you're happy with it then good for you. That doesn't mean other people should accept it when its totally unneccessary and unacceptable.

Unacceptable...? You mean an 8 to 10 second wait? What is unacceptable in this picky gamer world is laughable. All people do is nit-pick at the bad stuff when they should be more positive. It's a great system with a wonderful controller and a good game library. The eShop has some pretty good titles like Trine 2 and Nano Assault. If the wait was 15+ seconds, your argument would be more understandable. But it's not.

No they're not. I think your the one who needs to stop whining and complaining. If you think its ok then good for you but others don't.

Me stop..? Stop what? Proving a valid point? The fact that people are like "waaaaaaaaaaahhhhh the loading times are like too long for me" is getting pretty old. If you can't handle 10 seconds of loading time, then don't play the Wii U. I don't know why you bothered to respond both of my posts.

Edited by Dragon, 20 December 2012 - 07:21 AM.

Posted Image

#29 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:27 AM

Oh God on Earth not you again, urrrrrggggggggg

Thank you finally someone who sees sence, I swear this GameJunkie dude is stalking me :(

#30 Wonder Blue

Wonder Blue

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Xenoblade

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:45 AM

well, i agree at some point; the loading times can be upsetting at times, specially for a console that is supposed to be next gen (and has 1 gig of ram) i hope the update makes things faster

​
vs3Qt8Z.jpg

#31 the gamz girnalizt

the gamz girnalizt

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    criticising nintendo

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:55 AM

I don't mind the long loading times. If a system update happens that shortens loading times, it's really just a bonus for me.

gamz girnalizm all da way

#32 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:01 AM

Wow my post turned into an argument. How about this? If you don't mind the load times then that is just fine, and if you do then that is just fine too. Here is my question now because this one is a bigger problem. NBA 2K13 is freezing on me like every other time I boot it up, and I have had to pull the plug. Is that effing up my Wii U or what?
Currently playing: AC 3, ZombiU, BLOPS 2, Nintendoland, NSMBU, Nano Assault Neo, Halo 4, Darksiders 2, and Far Cry 3

Wii U ID------BeMore

#33 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:05 AM

Unacceptable...? You mean an 8 to 10 second wait? What is unacceptable in this picky gamer world is laughable. All people do is nit-pick at the bad stuff when they should be more positive. It's a great system with a wonderful controller and a good game library. The eShop has some pretty good titles like Trine 2 and Nano Assault. If the wait was 15+ seconds, your argument would be more understandable. But it's not.
Me stop..? Stop what? Proving a valid point? The fact that people are like "waaaaaaaaaaahhhhh the loading times are like too long for me" is getting pretty old. If you can't handle 10 seconds of loading time, then don't play the Wii U. I don't know why you bothered to respond both of my posts.

You just sound like a typical fanboy who thinks he's always right and everyone else s either wrong or not entitled to their opinion. It's also a lot more then 10 seconds and the Wii U should have response times similar to that of its competitors. It's closer to 20-30 seconds actually, not to mention the download times are also a joke compared to Its competitots.. It's not getting old and there is no reason why I should stop using the Wii U because of it. Nintendo themselves have already admitted its a problem and are going to try and fix it with an update. You have no clue what so ever about what you're talking about and I suggest you keep out of such threads if you're getting tired of hearing it. Nobody is forcing you to read them. Now go whine and complain somewhere else as you do not make a valid point.

Oh God on Earth not you again, urrrrrggggggggg
Thank you finally someone who sees sence, I swear this GameJunkie dude is stalking me :(

Its got nothing to with me stalking you or anyone else. It's got to do with you thinking the Wii U is all fine and dandy and along with Nintendo can't do any wrong.

#34 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:08 AM

People act like the Wii U is running at Dial Up speeds. lol

Mine is! lol jk.

But techincally, with the random freezes, loading is a problem.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#35 bornsupercharged

bornsupercharged

Blooper

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:09 AM

You just sound like a typical fanboy who thinks he's always right and everyone else s either wrong or not entitled to their opinion. It's also a lot more then 10 seconds and the Wii U should have response times similar to that of its competitors. It's closer to 20-30 seconds actually, not to mention the download times are also a joke compared to Its competitots.. It's not getting old and there is no reason why I should stop using the Wii U because of it. Nintendo themselves have already admitted its a problem and are going to try and fix it with an update. You have no clue what so ever about what you're talking about and I suggest you keep out of such threads if you're getting tired of hearing it. Nobody is forcing you to read them. Now go whine and complain somewhere else as you do not make a valid point.

Well stated, I back you 100% on this.
Posted Image

#36 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:20 AM

Too bad you have no understanding of what a fanboy actually is. A fanboy is 100% blind and won't buy anything except from his preferred company. A fanboy will also blindly bash other companies because of pure hatred towards anything his/her company doesn't make. My Wii U load times are only 10 seconds. So I don't know why other Wii Us would differ from any other. If you all you are going to do is falsely criticize me, then YOU do not belong on threads like this. And who said I had a problem with these threads? I simply stated how I feel about this and you replied to me with a slight bit of negativity. Welcome to the internet where fights can be started from such simple topics.

Well stated, I back you 100% on this.

So you are backing him up on a false claim that I'm a fanboy?

Mine is! lol jk.

But techincally, with the random freezes, loading is a problem.

Freezing has been the biggest problem so far for me. It doesn't happen to often, fortunately.

Wow my post turned into an argument. How about this? If you don't mind the load times then that is just fine, and if you do then that is just fine too. Here is my question now because this one is a bigger problem. NBA 2K13 is freezing on me like every other time I boot it up, and I have had to pull the plug. Is that effing up my Wii U or what?

That will happen with a slight bit of anger and negativity. :/

Posted Image

#37 bornsupercharged

bornsupercharged

Blooper

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:39 AM

[..]My Wii U load times are only 10 seconds.[..]

So you are backing him up on a false claim that I'm a fanboy?

No, I'm backing him up that "It's also a lot more then 10 seconds and the Wii U should have response times similar to that of its competitors"

Watch the video I made:

Your Wii U is the SAME EXACT hardware as mine, and everyone else's. There is no way your menus load 50% faster than mine, period.
Posted Image

#38 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:47 AM

No, I'm backing him up that "It's also a lot more then 10 seconds and the Wii U should have response times similar to that of its competitors"

Watch the video I made:

Your Wii U is the SAME EXACT hardware as mine, and everyone else's. There is no way your menus load 50% faster than mine, period.

Yeah the menu loading s/b the same for everyone and that video is spot on to my experience. As far as game downloads and system updates go I have actually had ok experience with the Wii U. I actually think that my Wii U downloads quicker than my PS3, but both are much slower than my 360.

Edited by BobbyRiddle, 20 December 2012 - 09:53 AM.

Currently playing: AC 3, ZombiU, BLOPS 2, Nintendoland, NSMBU, Nano Assault Neo, Halo 4, Darksiders 2, and Far Cry 3

Wii U ID------BeMore

#39 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:37 AM

Obligatory "why, in my day..." post.

Everyone has it so easy now; I had a Neo Geo CD back in the day. Here were the load times for King of Fighters '99:

Loading Initial Start Menu - 21 seconds
Character Select Load Time - 9 seconds
Team Play Round 1 Load Time - 53 seconds
Team Play Round 2 Load Time - 20 seconds
Team Play Round 3 Load Time - 28 seconds
Single Play Fight Load Time - 48 seconds
Single Play Round 3 Load Time - 14 seconds
Comment After Fight Load Time - 22 seconds

I'm really glad they're optimizing the Wii U load times but take some solace in that you probably never had to wait like I did!

Yes. That's called innovation! And you're definitely not the only person that gamed in 99.

#40 9646gt

9646gt

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:01 PM

I am almost 30 years old. I have been waiting on load screens all my life lol. My first 386 computer took forever to load its primitive graphics. But in this day and age of highly efficient processors and solid state storage, it's not acceptable. I am not going to go on youtube crying about it. HOWEVER, if Nintendo is able to update the software so that loading is down to a minimum, this means the software was never properly optimized to begin with. So are you telling me I should just accept the fact that Nintendo released a console with unfinished un-optimized software and sold it to me for $350 + tax? I think we have a right to be upset. But some people do take it too far. I would like to bring back up the day 1 update. That update was a direct result of shipping unfinished software. And almost everyone complained about that, yet this lack of optimization should just be kept quiet?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!