• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Crimson_Engage

Crimson_Engage

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:47 AM

I want to buy it off Club Nintendo for the virtual console but I was wondering if a wiimote would work with it or the game pad? Or do I need to get a pro-controller?

Edit- It says you need a Wii (just got rid of mine). Can MP2 and 1080 not be purchased for the Wii U?

Edited by Crimson_Engage, 21 December 2012 - 08:49 AM.

#2 Varg

Varg

Spiny

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • Fandom:
    FInal Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Zelda

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:50 AM

I'm actually looking for this answer as well and can't find it. I'm assuming classic controller/pro and the gcn controller will work, but not sure on the wiimote and nun chuck . This is my favorite Mario party game too and the wife is talking a lot of smack that she can destroy me in it soI gotta get this ASAP .

Edit. Well the wiiu Is basically a wii when booted in wii mode so I wouldn't see a problem . What exactly do you have to do to get it with the club points? Do you just get a redeem code?

Edited by Varg, 21 December 2012 - 08:52 AM.

#3 Crimson_Engage

Crimson_Engage

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:53 AM

Yea, just sign up, enter the codes for whatever games you have purchased and you are good to go. Every game you buy gives you coins you can spend in the store. I only have 260 saved up so I wanted to buy this or keep saving for something else.

Edited by Crimson_Engage, 21 December 2012 - 08:54 AM.

#4 Chaotix

Chaotix

Team Nerd

• Section Mods
  • 728 posts
  • NNID:Chaot1x
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:56 AM

The Wii remote doesn't work for this game and your best bet is either to use a wii pro controller or a gamecube controller.

Me personally I use a nintendo gamecube wavebird controller and it's the best imo to use while playing mario party 2.

For people who don't have this game I suggest picking it up and it's a steal of a deal for 150 coins on club nintendo.

eEG8Ies.png

#5 Varg

Varg

Spiny

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • Fandom:
    FInal Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Zelda

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:01 AM

Yea, just sign up, enter the codes for whatever games you have purchased and you are good to go. Every game you buy gives you coins you can spend in the store. I only have 260 saved up so I wanted to buy this or keep saving for something else.

Yeah I'm signed up and everything already but never purchased a game On the site yet. If they just give you a redeem code then there should be no problem using it on the wii u. GameCube controllers do not work with the wii u so it looks like were stuck with just the classic controllers .

Edited by Varg, 21 December 2012 - 09:02 AM.

#6 Crimson_Engage

Crimson_Engage

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:04 AM

Gah, I don't have a classic controller or a pro. I might buy one later.

#7 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Party, Animal Crossing

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:55 AM

Mario Party 2 is the only Mario Party game that I don't have (aside from Mario Party 9, going to pick that up soon). Will be getting this for sure as soon as possible. Probably my favorite Mario Party game. I remember renting it for 3 weeks in a row. :laugh:

Edited by PyroKinesis, 21 December 2012 - 11:55 AM.

#8 GOOBER

GOOBER

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:26 PM

i dont see it listed

NM i see it now, I wasnt looking at the top before the page seperates.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!