• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:45 PM

16 dedicated Nintendo fans have teamed up create Nintendo Force, a spiritual successor to Nintendo Power! The fans are well-known among the Nintendo fanbase.

Posted Image

Nintendo Power put up 25 great years in the industry, battling against all sorts of shifting methods of content delivery. Sadly, the time came when Nintendo decided to not push forward with the iconic magazine anymore. That left every Nintendo Power fan, old and young, with a big hole in their heart. That's where the Nintendo Force crew is hoping to step in and patch things up.

Nintendo Force is a spiritual successor to Nintendo Power. The magazine is aiming to provide the same type of content/vibe that Nintendo Power brought us for so many years. The difference is, Nintendo Force is staffed by Nintendo fans that currently work for some of the most well-known Nintendo websites out there.

Official Website (I recommend reading this.)

Wow, I'm really excited for this! I wonder if it will be print or digital. It seems to be print, but I wonder how they are going to get it published.

Edited by Blake, 21 December 2012 - 12:48 PM.

#2 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:48 PM

I don't see this taking off. I'm not sure why, but this has "not going anywhere positive" written all over it.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#3 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:54 PM

I'm not getting to excited lol - but it would be awesome
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#4 CNR

CNR

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:03 PM

If anything i can only see this being digital but then again i doubt this is going anywhere.
Posted Image

#5 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:28 PM

I sure hope these guys brush up on Design Language 101 before they publish any issues, because that background made my eyes bleed.

Edited by Tom, 21 December 2012 - 02:29 PM.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#6 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Party, Animal Crossing

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:55 PM

I still have the Nintendo Power where they played the GameCube Animal Crossing, because that's what got me interested in the game. Pre-ordered it immediately upon getting home from school. Wore the covers off that issue. :P

#7 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:57 PM

Cool. It probably won't come to England (I didn't read it all so don't moan at me if it is). NGamer has gone and the Official Nintendo Magazine is absolute crap now.

Edited by NintyFan101, 21 December 2012 - 02:57 PM.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#8 Sage

Sage

Chronicler

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • NNID:ViralLight
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda, Splatushi

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:13 PM

Nintendo Force sounds like a Saturday morning kids show "Nintendo Force Assemble!". No really this would be nice if it would actually take off, I don't see it though.

#9 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:21 PM

FAKE!!! Lol just kidding, but since no one can see this - whoever quotes me me saying I'm an idiot, is an idiot themselves. Good tip, if a post seems dumb, try highliting it.

#10 Insanity_Boi

Insanity_Boi

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda Mario Metroid Mario Kart

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:00 AM

Just liked them on facebook. Hopefully this turns out to be true. If so we can look forward to the first issue in January

#11 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:29 PM

Nintendo Force@NintendoForce
Digital or physical? Both! #NintendoForce will be available both on-screen and in your hands, straight from your mailbox.

Well, there's the answer to that question.

#12 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:56 AM

I friended them on FB and they are updating it - seems like they are really serious about it
Posted Image
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#13 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:55 AM

I'm definitely going to support Nintendo Force and get a physical subscription.

#14 Ginko

Ginko

Goomba

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:01 PM

I mean if they really put alot of work into it, like countless hours, they can succeed.

#15 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:08 PM

I'm definitely going to support Nintendo Force and get a physical subscription.

I'm done getting physical magazines. I read them once, then put them in my closet to sit there until there are too many and I throw them out. Online subscriptions for the win.

#16 Insanity_Boi

Insanity_Boi

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda Mario Metroid Mario Kart

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:02 AM

I prefer physical copies. I guess Im a hoarder.

#17 backudog

backudog

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • NNID:backudog

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:36 PM

I prefer physical copies. I guess Im a hoarder.

Im like that too, digital is ok, but nothing beats having the physical mag in your hands and flicking through the pages. also it just feels wrong reading an ipad on the crapper! :D Im will confess to being a bit of a hoarder when it comes to mags too, got every issue of gamesmaster magazine so far (issues 1 to 260!) and GamesTM mag (issues 1 to130!) dont really need to keep them, but i do lol!
I hear voices in my head all the time, telling me what to do. But I just ignore them and carry on killing.

#18 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:42 PM

I will also go physical. I collect old mags since it brings back tons of memories. I have almost every issue of EGM ever printed. Almost all the official Dreamcast mags and a bunch of my favorite of all time...Gamefan. Also Nintendo Power.
Posted Image

#19 backudog

backudog

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • NNID:backudog

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:04 PM

ahh Gamefan was awesome! couldn't get it that often over here, but the ones i did get were great. similar story with EGM too, pity i got rid of them ages ago, i now have to trawl the 'net to find those if i wanna do a spot of nostalgic reading (found a couple of good sites that host downloadable free copies of tons of retro mags (all legal too i think? well i hopethey are anyway :blink: ) not the same as phisical but the quickest way to do some retro reading!

Edited by backudog, 28 December 2012 - 02:05 PM.

I hear voices in my head all the time, telling me what to do. But I just ignore them and carry on killing.

#20 Ninty64X

Ninty64X

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • Fandom:
    MST3K, Animation, Metal Gear, OddWorld

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:19 PM

Sounds good to me. After having Nintendo Power and N gamer gone, it'll be nice to have some big N coverage come through the mail. That is if it's print, but that's what it seems to be.

On the hunt for her dad's killer, she learns she needs to step up her game. It's time to unleash some superpowers. - Netflix's amazing Kill La Kill description

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!