• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:34 AM

Hi peeps,i came across this on the net and thought some of you may be interested

http://www.extremete...ot-great-either

#2 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:18 AM

I'd bet my left nut that several of the tech nuts on this forum have already read this, or articles stating the same thing (heck, even I don't really get into this console tech numbers nonsense and know Marcan cracked it).

There's nothing wrong with this thread per se, and despite it not really looking like it, these types of thread have been flamebait in recent days. The brawl over specification discussion is ridiculous.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#3 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:50 AM

And so the war continues ...
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#4 Insanity_Boi

Insanity_Boi

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda Mario Metroid Mario Kart

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:53 AM

Here we go again

#5 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:07 AM

I know you are new, but please use the search function (or in this case look at the "pinned" threads) in the future to see if there are any ongoing discussions on specific topics. We actually have an official specs discussion thread: http://thewiiu.com/t...ussions-thread/

All these specs threads are killing me... slowly... but surely.

Edited by Hunter, 22 December 2012 - 06:09 AM.

#6 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:29 AM

Hmm that a tiny bit depressing since if just go by speed the wii U is weaker than the 360 every single way but I am not just going to go by speed but it does mean the wii U is going to be essentially(appears to be) a wii of next generation . But anywho If I survived a generation with the only console being a wii I can surly survive a generation with only a wii U :)

Edited by The Lonely Koopa, 22 December 2012 - 07:52 AM.

#7 ThatGuy

ThatGuy

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Mother (Earthbound)

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:55 AM

Hmm that a tiny bit depressing since if just go by speed the wii U is weaker than the 360 every single way but I am not just going to go by speed but it does mean the wii U is going to be essentially(appears to be) a wii of next generation . But anywho If I survived a generation with the only console being a wii I can surly survive a generation with only a wii U :)

It seems pretty obvious to me that the Wii U isn't weaker than the 360... clock speed alone isn't the only decisive factor to a console's power.

Steam Profile: http://steamcommunit.../id/ThatGuy3333
3DS Friend Code: 0946-2437-3230
Wii U NNID: ThatGuy_33

e28pEYY.jpg

#8 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:57 AM

It seems pretty obvious to me that the Wii U isn't weaker than the 360... clock speed alone isn't the only decisive factor to a console's power.

I know I said that >.>

#9 ThatGuy

ThatGuy

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Mother (Earthbound)

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:00 AM

I know I said that >.>

Sorry, it looks like by the time I made the post you had edited yours... OR I just didn't read carefully. :huh:

Steam Profile: http://steamcommunit.../id/ThatGuy3333
3DS Friend Code: 0946-2437-3230
Wii U NNID: ThatGuy_33

e28pEYY.jpg

#10 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:05 AM

Sorry, it looks like by the time I made the post you had edited yours... OR I just didn't read carefully. :huh:

the only things I added after my initial post was a couple grammer correcton and (appears to be) both of which were added before your post.

#11 Adders

Adders

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:48 AM

the only things I added after my initial post was a couple grammer correcton and (appears to be) both of which were added before your post.

Yes but he is a slow reader :P

#12 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:37 PM

Refer to sig Once again I will say it. Ignore specs, play the games you want because you enjoy them not because another console has better specs. Or some developer says another console is easier to make games for. At the end of the day developers realise Nintendo has a huge fan base. So they would be stupid to ignore the wii u.

Edited by cannonshane, 22 December 2012 - 01:37 PM.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#13 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:49 PM

its pointless talking about it.... since we know few things about it.. lol

I even search deep internet about wii U or nintendo, but nobody interests there about video games. lol So the best advice is to wait, games and the near feature will tell.

Edited by Orion, 22 December 2012 - 02:50 PM.

#14 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:19 PM

Let the complaining and flaming begin.

Signature_DK.png

#15 9646gt

9646gt

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:14 PM

For the live of God. Clock speed means almost NOTHING these days. A Intel i7 quad core at only 2.3 GHz will absolutely rape a previous generation CPU. you have to remember that it's all about architecture these days. The speed wars are a thing of the past. Chip maskers make processors so efficient these days that it does not take a high speed chip to be fast. Sorry to hurt any feelings but I am so sick of seeing this stuff every time I check forums

#16 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:28 PM

Oh God no, we should put signs on the forums saying "Do Not Feed The Trolls"

#17 blu gamepad

blu gamepad

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:29 PM

For the live of God. Clock speed means almost NOTHING these days. A Intel i7 quad core at only 2.3 GHz will absolutely rape a previous generation CPU. you have to remember that it's all about architecture these days. The speed wars are a thing of the past. Chip maskers make processors so efficient these days that it does not take a high speed chip to be fast. Sorry to hurt any feelings but I am so sick of seeing this stuff every time I check forums

I agree. Its mostly old war horses, and up and coming gamers who still rely on numbers like many of my generation used to do in the 90's (I personally wan't self aware about these things til around mid 2000's or so 0_0 ) Still, I can't help but be excited about these super efficient architectures pumping out amazing visuals , you know. It reminds me of Initial D in a way; having an old 86' Corolla out race all those fast cars with drifting and all. Good times. ^_^

*realizes he bumped thread slightly*

sorry!, oh, and welcome OP to Wii U forums! Enjoy your stay here. :)

Edit: Sorry bout that Unchained Goku. My mistake.

Edited by blu gamepad, 22 December 2012 - 09:31 PM.

#18 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:52 PM

its pointless talking about it.... since we know few things about it.. lol

I even search deep internet about wii U or nintendo, but nobody interests there about video games. lol So the best advice is to wait, games and the near feature will tell.

What?

Either way we're stuck with Nintendo first party games on this console for the next 5 years, and hopefully at least the usual trend of refreshing games from third parties which wouldn't make a cent on other consoles.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#19 9646gt

9646gt

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:54 PM

I agree. Its mostly old war horses, and up and coming gamers who still rely on numbers like many of my generation used to do in the 90's (I personally wan't self aware about these things til around mid 2000's or so 0_0 ) Still, I can't help but be excited about these super efficient architectures pumping out amazing visuals , you know. It reminds me of Initial D in a way; having an old 86' Corolla out race all those fast cars with drifting and all. Good times. ^_^

*realizes he bumped thread slightly*

sorry!, oh, and welcome OP to Wii U forums! Enjoy your stay here. :)

Edit: Sorry bout that Unchained Goku. My mistake.

I feel ya lol. we were raised on numbers back in the 486 and even 386 days lol. I love the initial d reference! The only anime I ever liked enough to but the entire series lol

#20 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:21 AM

i totally agree with you... but the naysayers are basing their case of what we think the CPU is based off of. the ibm 750 line is what everyone is saying and becuase of that the naysayers are saying no way the CPU can be anything special or better than ps360. its a lot of unknows right now EVEN the clock speed as i dont really trust this so called hacker. in reality what others have said its time for TRUE gamers to take a stand. its up to the devs to take advantage of what inside the console and make incredible games fot it. if they cant do that they shouldnt be called developers IMO.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!