• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Dizzo1992

Dizzo1992

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:50 PM

Hello everybody just a quick question. Im getting a wii u tomorrow for Christmas cant wait! I was thinking about buying some classic games from the wii shop like paper mario and stuff. Do you think I should wait for them to come to the wii u or just purchase them off the wii and transfer them? Will they play the same and will i be able to use the pro controller for both? Just trying to figure out which is the better option.

#2 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:53 PM

No wii u accessory wil work in wii mode.
Only wii hardware will work in wii mode.
If you have points, you may as well spend them, otherwise don't bother imo.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#3 Dizzo1992

Dizzo1992

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:04 PM

But say the wii u eshop finally gets n64 games will I be able to play them the classic pro controller from the wii?

#4 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:13 PM

Probably.
Wii controllers work on wii u games, if they're supported.
For example, NSMBU does not support the classic controller, but supports wiimotes.
Trine 2 supports the classic controller, but not wii u pro controller, but it will be updated to support it soon.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#5 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:57 PM

when it comes out, get this http://www.amazon.co...0/dp/B009O3WU2A
its a pro controller for the wii u, its cheaper (and form the review i saw its built really well) and it works for wii games and wii vc games, you can also use it as a wii mote for super mario galaxy and stuff (it has the pointer in the back just like a wii mote) personally, this is a must have, far better then the pro controller and it looks nice

wa3Nq7j.png

#6 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:17 AM

when it comes out, get this http://www.amazon.co...0/dp/B009O3WU2A
its a pro controller for the wii u, its cheaper (and form the review i saw its built really well) and it works for wii games and wii vc games, you can also use it as a wii mote for super mario galaxy and stuff (it has the pointer in the back just like a wii mote) personally, this is a must have, far better then the pro controller and it looks nice

I wouldn't get it based on one review. It may have better compatibility with legacy games but quality wise it remains to be seen. Third party controllers are more often then not that good quality wise. I certainly wouldn't get this controller until its been proven to be of good quality.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!