• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Cheeto33

Cheeto33

Goomba

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:22 PM

After researching online, I've concluded I've bricked my Wii U. Never heard of this before. Nintendo should have a HUGE disclaimer on the system warning you not to unplug during update. I'm wondering, what course of action I should take. Try returning it to the store or contacting Nintendo? Will the store exchange it or Nintendo fix it considering the source of what happened???

#2 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:31 PM

yes return it to the store and get another one... many people bricked it accidently and got a new one... Nintendo will not give u a new one.. will repair it.

#3 Cardiackid

Cardiackid

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:35 PM

not to be rude but why would you unplug anything during an update..wii u, wii xbox etc. Shouldnt be a disclaimer on common sense

#4 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:50 PM

In fairness, the update takes forever.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#5 Flop

Flop

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:25 PM

I don't mean to be rude or anything, but people should use their common sense. You can't expect your console to not brick after you unplug it in the middle of an update. It's not a very smart thing to do.

#6 Insanity_Boi

Insanity_Boi

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda Mario Metroid Mario Kart

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:54 PM

You could do either, send it back to Nintendo or return it to the store. Try returning it first. If that falls through at least you know that Nintendo will repair it for you. Might take about a week or perhaps a bit longer.

#7 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:57 AM

All offence intended. You are dumb. Honestly what did you think was going to happen. There is a reason pretty much every device known to man has a warning that says do not unplug the console while updating.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#8 reef7009

reef7009

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:01 AM

As most others have said you should not have unplugged it. It clearly says on the screen...do not turn off the power. Did you unplug it during the install phase?

#9 emmonsh

emmonsh

Red Koopa Troopa

• Banned
  • 61 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:47 AM

sorry but if you unplugged during update your a idiot. take it back to store and say it never came on.

#10 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:03 AM

After researching online, I've concluded I've bricked my Wii U. Never heard of this before. Nintendo should have a HUGE disclaimer on the system warning you not to unplug during update. I'm wondering, what course of action I should take. Try returning it to the store or contacting Nintendo? Will the store exchange it or Nintendo fix it considering the source of what happened???

There is a disclaimer when you begin the update.

#11 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:16 AM

Return it to the store and get a new one. This is simply unacceptable though. Nintendo should already be shipping consoles with the update already installed.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#12 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:23 AM

I agree with the above statement.. its totally unacceptable.. NOT USER friendly... especially for the kids, in a point you can call it "manipulation"... lol

turn it back to the store, tell them its not working properly... dont say much... if they ask u questions, tell them u call nintendo and told you to turn it back to the store, as its brand new... and case is closed.

Edited by Orion, 26 December 2012 - 09:26 AM.

#13 linners84

linners84

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:32 PM

Use your heads people. DON'T UNPLUG THE SYSTEM WHEN UPDATING..

NNID - linners84     

3DS Friend Code - 5129 0547 8683

#14 alexthejedi13

alexthejedi13

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda, Tobuscus

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:38 PM

I'm sorry about that:(

The update takes a long time and it sucks! I would try emailing Nintendo or calling them first to see what they say, then you should just take it back to the store and exchange it for a new one. Just tell them that it wasn't able to turn on, hopefully they'll give you a new one.

#15 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:44 AM

he must do it now, before the 7 days expire.. after that he will not be able to exchange it with a new one..

emailing nintendo may take 10 days.. u kiding? Its better to call them and then return it to the store.

#16 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:10 PM

In all fairness there is a warning when you update just like every other device out there. Not to mention its common sense. You can't expect Nintendo to have huge disclaimer when they warn you already and common sense says you should not turn the powe off especially when the update is being applied. To be honest its your own fault. That said you can try exchanging it at the store you bought it from or see if Nintendo is willing to repair it for free although they have no obligation to do so.

#17 Chloe

Chloe

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Fandom:
    Toadette, Kirby, Luma, Super Mario 64.

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:46 AM

Definately try to return it to the store!

✶  ✶  ✶   ✶  ✶ 
♥ NNID: Blushes

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!