#1 Wii U News

Wii U News

TheWiiU.com's News Bot

• Members
  • 1,781 posts
  • Fandom:
    Wii U Go, Wii U Blog

Posted 10 July 2011 - 10:44 PM

This is quite an old story, but I somehow missed it completely when it first ran, and I know that I’m not the only one that did – there was some discussion on the forums about it earlier this week.

Posted ImageYou won't be playing this or any other Wii games in HD on the Wii U.

It’s right up there in the title – the Wii U will be fully backwards-compatible with Wii games, but it won’t enhance their graphics in any way. No forcing them to run in HD, no anti-aliasing in games that didn’t use it, no improved texture filtering – not even simple upscaling. They’ll play exactly as they did on the Wii (except when a game offered the control option of a GameCube controller – that’s gone, too).

Nintendo may choose to re-release some of their bigger Wii hits like the two Super Mario Galaxy games or the Metroid Prime Trilogy as enhanced HD ports (possibly taking advantage of the Wii U’s new controller, like the New Play Control re-release of Pikmin did with the Wii Remote), but it’s certainly disappointing that we’ll have to pay the price of admission for these games a second time – if Nintendo even choose to re-release their games at all.

You may be aware of the emulator Dolphin, which is famous for its ability to run many Wii and GameCube games in HD. I took the above screenshot with it, and we have a thread on the forums dedicated to gathering more of them. Browse through it if you want to get a look at what could have been.

View and comment on the full article at Wii U Go
I bring you the latest updates from Feld0's Wii U Go and David's Wii U Blog for your reading pleasure.
I'm also a bot, so I probably won't reply to any messages you send my way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!