• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OneManTagTeam

OneManTagTeam

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:54 AM

Does anyone know of any devices that can extend the range of signal which is transmitted between the Wii U & the gamepad?

I can get halfway up my stairs before the signal cuts out but would like to be able to use the pad in my room for games like Mario & Sonic Transformed

#2 Skywalkman-GB

Skywalkman-GB

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • Fandom:
    ZELDA! + FPS

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:42 AM

well im not even sure how it is transmitted, if its a form of wifi, why dont they allow us to use the wifi router in your home to get better coverage, thats what nvidia are doing with there shield device!

NINTENDO Wii U ID = Skywalkman-GB

Gaming - Wii U Black 32GB - Pro Controller + Wii Red - PC - i5 2400K GTX460 SSC - Studio Setup - Korg microstation - Korg microsampler - Korg microkorg XL - Xenyx 1002 mixer - Boss SL-20 slicer
Find my own tracks, gaming videos etc here http://www.youtube.c...ce?feature=mhee

Posted Image

#3 RolledUp20s

RolledUp20s

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:38 AM

its IR they are using. ..OP - is your wiiU in a cupboard? i had that issue until i put it on top of the cupboard (TV unit) ..now i can play in bed :) -

#4 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:43 AM

its IR they are using. ..OP - is your wiiU in a cupboard? i had that issue until i put it on top of the cupboard (TV unit) ..now i can play in bed :) -

It's not IR. It's either some form of wi-fi or Bluetooth. The range is about 30 feet so its likely to be Bluetooth.

#5 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:00 AM

It's proprietary 802.11n
Wireless.
They have said they could easily make a repeater for it, but it's down to Nintendo.
I highly doubt they will.

It was confirmed by Broadcom a few months back.
http://www.broadcom.....php?id=s722281
Try not to be confused, they also provide the wifi chips for bluetooth, and wireless internet, so 3 wifi chips in total.

Have you tried going to your room?
Just because it disconnects on the stairs doesn't mean it won't connect through a ceiling.
Obv. pointless if your room is at the other side of the house and not over the stairs,

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#6 naadofett

naadofett

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

IR = more or less line of sight. Last I checked, IR doesn't travel through walls....

#7 RolledUp20s

RolledUp20s

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:30 PM

IR = more or less line of sight. Last I checked, IR doesn't travel through walls....

irs just what I read about the specs, pretty sure it was on Nintendo site..i may be wrong, but it did say infra-red

#8 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:53 AM

irs just what I read about the specs, pretty sure it was on Nintendo site..i may be wrong, but it did say infra-red

It can't be infrared as people are able to use it in different rooms all be it within the limited range. This wouldn't be possible if it was infrared.

#9 the gamz girnalizt

the gamz girnalizt

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    criticising nintendo

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:44 AM

The Wii U GamePad uses Radio Waves to communicate with the Wii U console. Infrared is used for the TV remote function and in order to use it, the top part has to be facing the TV.

gamz girnalizm all da way

#10 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:47 AM

It has a sensor bar and ir leds pretty much everywhere on the controller.
Easy to get confused.
Those are for motion/tv remote control.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#11 RolledUp20s

RolledUp20s

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:41 PM

Well, whatever...thank the aliens who crashed in '47, its their tech we use today ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!