Photo

What IPs or games that are up for grabs should Nintendo take?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ElderKnight77

ElderKnight77

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • Fandom:
    anything Nintendo

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:13 PM

I'm all for multiplats, but there is something about exclusive games that just makes a system special. Xboxs have Halo and Gears, Playstation has there LBPs and GoWs, Nintendo has their Marios and Zeldas. Recently there are industry shake ups that allowed Nintendo to exapand their exclusive IP base for their systems. These expansions include funding of Bayonetta 2, a deal with Capcom regarding MH, the buyout by Nintendo to own FatalFrame, Nintendo purchasing MonnolithSoft and the dissolving of Silicon Knights to obscurity leading to Nintendo as the sole owner of Eternal Darkness. Now more than ever he field is right for Nintendo to expand their audience by acquiring certain IPs or even their publishing rights. THQ is on the brink of self-immolation and has a huge number of IPs that would fit and expand Nintendo's audience. (Darksiders, deBlob, Deadly Creatures are some IPs that seem to have done ok on Nintendo systems). Bonk brink of extinction is a cancelled(but already complete) game by Hudson and Konami that Nintendo could grab the publishing rights to; just like Bayonetta. The game looks solid and since it's already completed should have little effort in the development department in contrast to Bayonette. Now is there any other games or IPs out there that you personally think realisticly that Nintendo would/could pick up? Seeing how THQ was willing to sell off all their franchise for $60mil and the Bonk situation, these might be good candidates for Nintendo to seize and expand their exclusive lineup.

#2 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:21 PM

Darksiders?

Posted Image

#3 Falco

Falco

Spiny

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

atari is bankrupt should nintendo try to purchased atari or just pick up some of there ips

#4 Joshua West

Joshua West

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Sonic the Hedgehog, Fire Emblem

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:31 PM

If they've got exclusivity to Bayonetta 2, why not just pick up some other Platinum IPs as exclusives (either through a deal or buyout), like Madworld

#5 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

Darksiders?

Indeed, Ubisoft will probably get that though, which I don't mind :D

#6 scotty79

scotty79

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • Fandom:
    bf3,cod and timesplitters 2!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:59 PM

Timesplitters has been neglected for years, I am sure the ip would be buyable.Cult classic maybe

Edited by scotty79, 22 January 2013 - 11:00 PM.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!