RolledUp20s

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:55 PM

I just read this..

RUMOR - ZombiU not seeing patch
GoNintendo 24/01/2013 @ 20:52
There are a handful of hiccups in ZombiU that can ruin the experience. People have been calling for a patch to fix these issues. Supposedly that patch is never going to come. The following snippet comes from a poster on Ubisoft's forums...
I just got off the phone with tech support, having even spoken with the initial tech’s supervisor who gave me the direct answer to my inquiry regarding a patch for Zombiu. He told me in no uncertain terms that the dev team WILL NOT be persuing ANY patch at ANY time. THIS DECISION IS FINAL.
The supervisor told me that the dev team does not believe that the current level of complaints warrants the effort to pursue work on a patch and that the dev team’s time would be put to better use working on other projects.
Great to see the launch support, sad to see the lack of support afterwards. Thanks to DerFux for the heads up.

#2 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:57 PM

That doesn't sound right to me.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#3 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:06 PM

This isnt a surprise. To me it looks like only a small amount of people are having problems. I'm halfway through completing it for the second time and i have had no problems at all

#4 KingBoo

KingBoo

Walka

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • NNID:Kingofboos
  • Fandom:
    Mentos, bunnies, and anything Nintendo.

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:07 PM

im getting sick of waiting 5 minutes for a door to open X__X

bb0.gif

#5 RolledUp20s

RolledUp20s

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:16 PM

I rarely play to be honest. Playing on the gamepad has given so much more game time..so blackops, sonic, Mario, trine2 all get more time due to gamepad support with no tv..wife can't moan now :) . What this points at though, is another 'lack of dlc, patches etc that all wiiU games are suffering - its ridiculous. All games need patches..theres always bugs

Edited by RolledUp20s, 24 January 2013 - 03:17 PM.

#6 DanJiblets

DanJiblets

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Halo

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

Well as much as I love the game, I'll be trading it towards Dead Space 3, too many unavoidable game breaking glitches. I completed it once with no issues, so I'm content with that I guess.

#7 Malazan777

Malazan777

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:58 AM

I'm the same I've had zero glitches or other problems but it's sad to think if even a small group of ppl have issues it should be patched but it isn't and most of us spent about £50 on this game. Plus from what I've seen so far the dlc isn't great but that could change your easy enough.
ID - Malazan777
Guns don't kill people, Zombies do!!!!

#8 nannybuckles

nannybuckles

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • Fandom:
    Suda 51, Zombies, A Good Book

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:31 AM

knock on wood i have done a complete playthrough without any glitches. i am hesitant to play again though, especially on survival difficulty if one issue would mean my game is ruined.

Edited by nannybuckles, 25 January 2013 - 07:32 AM.

NNID: NannyBuckles...pm me if you add me.
Posted Image

#9 Mushlikeahusky

Mushlikeahusky

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts
  • Fandom:
    Banjo Kazooie

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:17 AM

I just play Zombi U if im bored. The games graphics are awesome and its just fun to see how long I can last. I dont even try to beat it.
Posted Image

#10 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:19 PM

I just play Zombi U if im bored. The games graphics are awesome and its just fun to see how long I can last. I dont even try to beat it.

That's probably because the story isn't very engaging. Something I hope they'll improve on when/if they do a sequel.

#11 WaddleDee

WaddleDee

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:58 PM

I've played through the game 3 times now and haven't encountered a single issue.

It's kinda lame what gamers demand nowadays. If it were let's say.. something like a zombie attacking you through the walls of your save house every single time, yes I could understand that would be frustrating and needs a fix. But as far as I'm aware there's no permanent issues like that.

#12 RolledUp20s

RolledUp20s

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:14 PM

the thing that worries me most is the wiiU games lack of dlc, patches..there hasnt been any. on any game..the game devs say, ye we have it...just waiting on ninty to approve it..thats for trine 2...so why are they holding back? i think there's more to it..thats why they say..nah, cant be bothered patching zombieU

#13 DanJiblets

DanJiblets

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Halo

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:40 PM

I've played through the game 3 times now and haven't encountered a single issue.

It's kinda lame what gamers demand nowadays. If it were let's say.. something like a zombie attacking you through the walls of your save house every single time, yes I could understand that would be frustrating and needs a fix. But as far as I'm aware there's no permanent issues like that.

Do some research so you don't have to assume, because you're wrong. I completed Tower of London and my game is still telling me to reach the roof. I cannot progress any further because the code I need for a door isn't there due to my glitch. I wish I could defend the game with you, but there are LOTS of game breaking glitches aside from mine, which happened for no apparent reason. I love the game, but is a shame the devs are lazy and cheap. Like I said, I beat it once without an issue, second playthrough made it to Tower on one survivor, glitch. Screw that, trading it for Dead Space 3, a game with polish and devs that add dlc. ZombiU, one of my favorite games ever, ruined with glitches. It's a crying shame.

#14 WaddleDee

WaddleDee

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

Do some research so you don't have to assume, because you're wrong. I completed Tower of London and my game is still telling me to reach the roof. I cannot progress any further because the code I need for a door isn't there due to my glitch. I wish I could defend the game with you, but there are LOTS of game breaking glitches aside from mine, which happened for no apparent reason. I love the game, but is a shame the devs are lazy and cheap. Like I said, I beat it once without an issue, second playthrough made it to Tower on one survivor, glitch. Screw that, trading it for Dead Space 3, a game with polish and devs that add dlc. ZombiU, one of my favorite games ever, ruined with glitches. It's a crying shame.

Considering I completed the game multiple times I didn't think research was needed, sorry for that, then.

It's unlucky, but obviously there really aren't that many glitches. Ubisoft usually update their games if they think a glitch is worth fixing.

#15 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:35 PM

You can be killed killed in a loading screen when one death means its game over. That is a massive issue and to issue no patches is a joke.

#16 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

I hope we get a sequel, for what it is it's a good game.

#17 DanJiblets

DanJiblets

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Halo

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:50 AM

Lol Gamestop offered me $16 credit for this, needless to say, I'll be hanging onto it after all. Hopefully I can compete it again with no bs glitch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!