Photo

My rant AKA why I hate some retailers (skylanders)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SuperBus

SuperBus

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Fandom:
    Halo Series, Lego Anything, Zelda Series

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:30 AM

Frustration =
Trying to find skylanders that were recently released for my kids b-day only to find out that they were gone 20 min after the store opened.

But.. surprise surprise... I can by them on ebay or c-list for 5x the retail amount...

Okay, truthfully I would've been shocked if the Wave 3 skylanders would have been there, but this has always been a frustration of mine, not just Skylanders though...  Just haven't had anywhere to whine about it... so thanks!!!!
-bus

#2 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:41 AM

How is it the retailer's fault that they ran out of stock? It's the people buying them, not the store.

#3 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:45 AM

I have to agree with Blake, it's not the retailers fault. Though there are some people to be angry at. These scalpers get up early in the morning every day there's a new shipment. They wait in front of the store, and rush to the Skylanders section. They pick out all the new ones, and sell them on eBay for outrageous prices. But there's no real way to stop them. Enforcing the " X amount of Y item per customer" doesn't prevent them from immediately going back in or bringing friends. I think this was a bigger problem when the original Skylanders game released, because after Christmas, every figure was sold out everywhere. But that's also because of Activision's poor stocking of the figures. As the problem hasn't happened since. Only advice I can give so you can get the new figures, is to get to the stores early. But sometimes you might come across a figure from sheer luck.

#4 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

MEGA DERP!

#5 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

Where ever i go theres ALWAYS an abundant supply of Skylanders related products, it almost consumes the entire game sections.
Posted Image

This is where it ends

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!